Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

A - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A (392 Views)

Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years / How My Friend Made 4 Billion Naira From Betting / 3.8million Naira,my Wish Turned Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2021
I
Re: A by InfernoNig: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2021
This one hard to talk. We'll be careful and be watchful.
Re: A by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2021
Please I need advice o
Re: A by slimjohn2k5: 10:01am On Feb 05, 2021
You can help him by following up on the business as a partner. If there is any shady deal you are not comfortable with, Dissolve the partnership right away
Re: A by Skyfornia(m): 10:01am On Feb 05, 2021
If he is truly your friend..just free your mind and be positive about him. Friends go extra length for one another...

But if he is not your friend...then I'd advise you withdraw.

Meanwhile...in any case there's issue with his company which you happened to be one of the directors. The law will go for the company and not the individual.
Re: A by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
Skyfornia:
If he is truly your friend..just free your mind and be positive about him. Friends go extra length for one another...

But if he is not your friend...then I'd advise you withdraw.

Meanwhile...in any case there's issue with his company which you happened to be one of the directors. The law will go for the company and not the individual.

Thank you, bro. He is more than a friend. Very hard-working. Just that he had been dishonest in some cases where I had to beg his clients to forgive him. I can never unfriend him.
Re: A by SavageResponse(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2021
Seeeker:
I have a friend who is very good in his line of job. But he has a problem in term of honesty. Clients reported him to me on several occasions.

Last year, he told me he was trying to register his business with corporate affairs commission and needed at least two directors. He made me the second director.

Later he said he needed to open a business bank account and my name as director must be in the account opening documents. I gave him my ID.

But now I'm afraid what if the guy use the company to commit a crime? Can I exonerate myself if in the future he commits a crime? Note that he hasn't committed any crime o.

Don't move this thread to front page because I won't like the guy to see the thread.

The best course of action in this instance would be for you to resign from the appointment but if you are unable to do that then you may take the following steps to exonerate yourself from any fraudulent acts he may commit

1 - Not being involved in the daily operations of the business

2 - Make sure that you are not included as a signature mandate for the company

Someone in the comments above said that it is usually the company that is held accountable for any wrongdoings, this is not true.

If it is determined that the company was set up primarily for the purpose of committing financial malfeasance then the veil of incorporation will be lifted and the individuals behind the company will be held accountable in their personal capacities.
Re: A by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
SavageResponse:

The best course of action in this instance would be for you to resign from the appointment but if you are unable to do that then you may take the following steps to exonerate yourself from any fraudulent acts he may commit

1 - Not being involved in the daily operations of the business

2 - Make sure that you are not included as a signature mandate for the company

Someone in the comments above said that it is usually the company that is held accountable for any wrongdoings, this is not true.

If it is determined that the company was set up primarily for the purpose of committing financial malfeasance then the veil of incorporation will be lifted and the individuals behind the company will be held accountable in their personal capacities.

Thanks! I'm not a signatory to the account. He is the CEO and sole signatory. I'm not involved in daily running of the business.
Re: A by Casham: 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
If the company is registered with his name, you have nothing to fear. You are just an employee, not partners. But either ways, always double check any financial transactions before putting your signature. At least you know about his "dishonesty" problem now so you can be extra careful. But normally, in Nigeria, when starting a new company, you have to endure all kind of 'rainin wayo' from people; especially those you borrowed money from.

(1) (Reply)

AXA Mansard Promotes SMEs In Nigeria, Lauches Business Insurance Plan / Dr Mike Adenuga: Encounters With The Spirit Of Africa / UK Used 65inch QLED Samsung Smart Tv For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.