Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers (269 Views)

I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti / Ikpeazu Tells Street Traders To Vacate Osisioma Bridge / Abia Is The Most Peaceful State In Nigeria - Ikpeazu Tells NUJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Metrix147: 10:57am On Feb 05, 2021
Abia state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has said his administration is making efforts to settle the outstanding salaries of teachers and other workers in the state, saying he inherited the challenge from the past government.

This is even as he alleges that some parastatals in the state are engaging in the habit of over bloating their salaries, insisting that the government can no longer shoulder such huge responsibility.

Speaking on Channels TV breakfast show monitored by ABN TV on Wednesday, the Governor said 11 months into his administration, he paid the staff of the State University Teaching hospital a backlog covering the period.

"Some of them who were earning 500k per month went home with N5.5m that month, having spent 11 months at that time. So it's an ongoing conversation.

"But my problem with that hospital is that they mismanage their wage bill system and bloated their wage bill system.

"I have told them we commit N139m every month, yet they claim their revenue is N6m and we are saying that is not good enough.

"You must do something about your internally generated revenue while you merge with the subvention we give to you so that you can run," he said.

The Governor also said the same thing is the narrative with Abia state polytechnic in Aba.

"At a point in that Polytechnic, we had 60 people manning two desks, 170 people working in the canteen and we are saying that government is not a father Christmas anymore," he said.

While lamenting that times are difficult, the Governor said his administration is engaging in prudent management of the resources available to it.

He assured that his administration is committed to ensuring that all parastatals and agencies who have challenges of salary payment are brought up to speed.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/02/salary-payment-government-no-more-father-christmas-ikpeazu-tells-workers/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Despite the huge revenues generated from Aba as well as FG monthly allocations plus 13% oil revenue derivation, this governor is still finding it hard to pay salaries.....
what a shame to Abia state!

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Fahdiga1: 10:59am On Feb 05, 2021
This fat pig should just shut up. What a disaster that have befallen Abians.. Do he even pay any salary at all. in the fullness of time you regret ever paying terrorist herdsmen 100k for each cow killed by the gallant ESN. Igbos are not cowards that negotiates with terrorists unlike the people that knows themselves

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:02am On Feb 05, 2021
You're very cra.zy Ikpeazu or whatever your name is

But you can give me 100k to Herdsmen per cow cheesy
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Holinesss(m): 11:02am On Feb 05, 2021
Nawa ooo
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:04am On Feb 05, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Despite the huge revenues generated from Aba as well as FG monthly allocations plus 13% oil revenue derivation, this governor is still finding it hard to pay salaries.....
what a shame to Abia state!

Yet Abia indegines like Fahdiga1, Asgard13 you won't see them here.

If nah SW governors made this kind statement.
They will would have littered the thread with thrash.
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Fahdiga1: 11:07am On Feb 05, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

God forbid me being from Abia state. I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by MadamExcellency: 11:12am On Feb 05, 2021
Stop being a coward.

The overbloated Abia State Civil Service is crippling the State and no State Administrator got the ball to declare half of them redundant.

Ebonyi State with N900 million monthly wage bill is doing far better in infrastructural development and health services while AbiĆ  State spends N2.5 billion for monthly salary in this era of automated systems.

You got no third term, just do the right thing and get the State in the part of progress.
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Asgard13: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Truth AINT TRASH...

NOT MY FAULT THAT UNA HATE TRUTH..

UNA DON TOO BELIEVE UNA PROPAGANDA... TRUTH SEEMS STRANGE.

Enjoy!
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by longetivity(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2021
backward state
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
God forbid me being from Abia state. I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man
Asgard13:

Truth AINT TRASH...

NOT MY FAULT THAT UNA HATE TRUTH..

UNA DON TOO BELIEVE UNA PROPAGANDA... TRUTH SEEMS STRANGE.

Enjoy!

I talk am grin

You're a bonifide Yoruba boy, oya type few sentences with Your town dialect and not the general Yoruba dialect.
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Fahdiga1: 11:27am On Feb 05, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

I talk am grin

You're a bonifide Yoruba boy, oya type few sentences with Your town dialect and not the general Yoruba dialect.
If you want me to teach you a Fulani man from Jigawa my Yoruba language you simply say so and not beating around the bush
Re: Salary Payment: Government No More Father Christmas, Ikpeazu Tells Workers by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2021
Fahdiga1:
If you want me to teach you a Fulani man from Jigawa my Yoruba language you simply say so and not beating around the bush

Shut up.
As.in grin

(1) (Reply)

#ENDSARS: Nigerian Youths Should Go On And Not Give Up On The Struggle / Admissibility Of Confession As Evidence Under The Nigeria Legal System. / VP Osinbajo Virtually Lauches 1.12MW Solar Hybrid Power In ATBU, Bauchi*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.