Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? (550 Views)

Bandits Caught On Tape Brandishing Automatic Rifles They Recovered From Security / Miyetti Allah: South-West Governors Hiding Igboho From Security Operatives / South-East & South-South Excluded From Security Architecture - Intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by seyi360(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Just returned from a trip within the Southwest and I noticed there were no female police officers in the squads that mounted road blocks and patrolled the highway. This never aroused my curiosity until I recollected that the military of recent deployed an all female squad to tackle kidnapping along a dangerous highway in the North.
Prior to the new development in the military, I have seen female military officers with AK 47 at various locations on security duties. But female police officers? Never, the most of them often sit at the stations, feeding fat and acting so unprofessionally . Of course, some of them occasionally go to make casual arrests in mufti and without fire arms.
Which makes me wonder if there is a standing order in the NPF restricting female police officers from security patrols and major security operations.

Re: Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by extol1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
I calls on IGP lefulefu to come and answer this question or should Frank Mba answer it
Re: Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by seyi360(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
extol1:
I calls on IGP lefulefu to come and answer this question or should Frank Mba answer it

Any of the above names would do
Re: Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by illicit(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
They are part of office stationery.... wink
Re: Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by naptu2: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
seyi360:
Just returned from a trip within the Southwest and I noticed there were no female police officers in the squads that mounted road blocks and patrolled the highway. This never aroused my curiosity until I recollected that the military of recent deployed an all female squad to tackle kidnapping along a dangerous highway in the North.
Prior to the new development in the military, I have seen female military officers with AK 47 at various locations on security duties. But female police officers? Never, the most of them often sit at the stations, feeding fat and acting so unprofessionally . Of course, some of them occasionally go to make casual arrests in mufti and without fire arms.
Which makes me wonder if there is a standing order in the NPF restricting female police officers from security patrols and major security operations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37895348

Re: Are Female Police Officers Excluded From Security Patrols? by naptu2: 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
1) Nigerian mobile policewoman in Somalia as part of the African Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).

2) Retired DIG Patience Ibekwe Abdallah.

(1) (Reply)

Bus Drivers Protest As Soldiers Demand 1000 Naira At Every Check Point From Sout / Governor Uzodinma Arrests Sen. Rochas Okorocha In Imo State, Locks Him Up(video) / Ex-French President Sarkozy Jailed, Can This Happen In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.