Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? (4276 Views)

Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript / Q & A...challenges I Am Facing As A Startup Developer / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by lordally(m): 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
We have all seen what happened to crypto exchanges today and we know how that will affect crypto startups.

The same thing happened to logistics startups in 2019.

Fintech startups might be next.

With how anti innovative the Nigerian government is, is it still wise for a Nigerian developer to build products to solve problems for the Nigerian populace. To me I feel it's a waste. I rather build products to solve western problems. They have the money to pay for the littlest of services and are very pro innovation.

What do you guys think?

Bro you said it!! You fucking said it. With what's happening to RISE VEST , CHAKA , BAMBOO and TROVE you fucking said it!!!
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
lordally:

Bro you said it!! You fucking said it. With what's happening to RISE VEST , CHAKA , BAMBOO and TROVE you fucking said it!!!
Lol bros they entered defense academy and kidnapped soldiers. Na cadets they go kidnap next. Nigeria is completely finished. I won't be surprised if one looks deeper only to find out Afghanistan is better than Nigeria. It won't shock me.
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2021
Springboot:

If you continue thinking this way, you just might never make it in life except you work for somebody, how come you overlooked over 200 successful startups only to focus on the few that have failed, you didn't see, PAYSTACK, INTERSWITCH, JOBBERMAN, SWIPE, FLUTTERWAVE, RIXINC, and others.
Bros how far. Breakfast go reach all of them o. Their cousins are already getting hit. It's just a matter of time.
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by lordally(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Lol bros they entered defense academy and kidnapped soldiers. Na cadets they go kidnap next. Nigeria is completely finished. I won't be surprised if one looks deeper only to find out Afghanistan is better than Nigeria. It won't shock me.

The end Goal is to leave and God willing send funds for my parents upkeep and if my parents go allow me, I go carry them once I don settle down for Europe.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by Springboot: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros how far. Breakfast go reach all of them o. Their cousins are already getting hit. It's just a matter of time.
grin
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by Olayoo: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
Na was 4 dis country....i hope we don't get to a point that the government begins to ban phones
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by Chuky7(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
qtguru:

Domiciliary account

Are you an Andela Fellow?
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Chuky7:

Are you an Andela Fellow?

Andela Senior Consultant i was never a fellow
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by Chuky7(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
qtguru:

Andela Senior Consultant i was never a fellow

okay don't know the difference.

I don't know If you can educate me on how it works there I have family members who have interest in joining. they feel its elite that's why they can't get in
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Chuky7:

okay don't know the difference.

I don't know If you can educate me on how it works there I have family members who have interest in joining. they feel its elite that's why they can't get in

The Fellowship has been disbanded, right now Andela only operates as an Outsourcing company
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by Chuky7(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
qtguru:

The Fellowship has been disbanded, right now Andela only operates as an Outsourcing company

ohh okay those were the junior dev?
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Chuky7:

ohh okay those were the junior dev?
Yes to a large extent
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by projectandpages: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
1kW, solar Alternative Power system.

Contact us via whatsapp: 0907 081 1425
powerbox.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
projectandpages:
1kW, solar Alternative Power system.

Contact us via whatsapp: 0907 081 1425
powerbox.com.ng
Whats the price range of this?
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by duyilekan98(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
qtguru:
Build a Startup but make your target outside Nigeria, that is what I am doing, the more progress i make the more I can share.

Easier to explain with Proof, so till then

But what if what you’re building is something that is meant to solve the problems Nigerians face.

For example I have a chef friend and I’ve been able to access the chef industry in Nigeria, and I have to say it’s a little bit cutthroat. There are not many opportunities, you’re either working at a restaurant, or a self established food vendor(which is extremely capital intensive), or a freelance caterer.

So that led me to seeing how I can help solve the problems chefs face from a software developer standpoint. I eventually starting working on a service for chefs and I’m currently looking for beta testers to test the value metrics of the idea.

Every now and then I hear people saying things like, don’t waste your time on Nigeria or Nigerians, or why not target some other demographic of people. Honestly Nigeria doesn’t help the tiniest bit. There’s a problem and at the same time they stifle anybody that tries to come up with a solution.
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
duyilekan98:

But what if what you’re building is something that is meant to solve the problems Nigerians face.

For example I have a chef friend and I’ve been able to access the chef industry in Nigeria, and I have to say it’s a little bit cutthroat. There are not many opportunities, you’re either working at a restaurant, or a self established food vendor(which is extremely capital intensive), or a freelance caterer.

So that led me to seeing how I can help solve the problems chefs face from a software developer standpoint. I eventually starting working on a service for chefs and I’m currently looking for beta testers to test the value metrics of the idea.

Every now and then I hear people saying things like, don’t waste your time on Nigeria or Nigerians, or why not target some other demographic of people. Honestly Nigeria doesn’t help the tiniest bit. There’s a problem and at the same time they stifle anybody that tries to come up with a solution.

That is a practically solution that has a need, I think you should not write yourself off, I had the concept of a Food platform which was meant to share food, chef, and others, I will advise to continue with it and test it. You will gain traction
Re: Is It Wise To Build A Startup As A Developer In Nigeria? by duyilekan98(m): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
qtguru:

That is a practically solution that has a need, I think you should not write yourself off, I had the concept of a Food platform which was meant to share food, chef, and others, I will advise to continue with it and test it. You will gain traction

So far I’ve not been able to get a single beta tester. I don’t even know how to go about finding any. I made a post about it here on nairaland though https://www.nairaland.com/6913709/interested-being-part-startup-attempt#108879071

Anyway have you been able to work on your idea?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / Let's Develop A Content Management System (CMS) / Got Another Remote Job Offer In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.