Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert (685 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / Carpenter Who Fled Nigeria To Libya: ‘I Don See Death Face To Face’ Photos / ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by sunnybobonwa: 6:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Man closed down lucrative cement business to travel to Libya through desert

– Terry Ikponmwosa has narrated his ordeal while trying to get to Europe

– According to him, he was sold four times by trafficker in the guise of linking him up

– Going further, he disclosed that he abandoned his lucrative business to seek greener pastures abroad

The terrible journey to Libya has been narrated by a victim of human trafficking, Terry Ikponmwosa,.

Narrating his experience, he revealed that he was sold four times during his futile attempt to get to Europe through Libya.

According to him, he closed his “very lucrative” cement retail business because of his desire to make “more money”.

He claimed he was sold twice in Delta state, once in Kano and once in Libya, adding that only four of the 36 people that left Nigeria for Libya survived the journey.

He said:

“l embarked on a journey to Europe and ended up being sold four times in Nigeria before I got to Libya.

“After my secondary education, I went into business. I opened a cement retailing shop which was very lucrative and I was making money, but I needed more.

“While doing the cement business, a friend introduced me to a man in Benin who promised to help me to travel to Europe. I had over N1 million from my cement shop and took the money and embarked on the journey.

“l left the cement shop for a friend to manage and remit the proceeds to my family for their upkeep, but the man sold the shop and made away with the money.

“Unknown to me that the man I was introduced to was a trafficker and had already sold me to another man in Agbor, Delta. The man who bought me in Agbor also sold me to another man in that same Agbor.

“From Agbor, I was finally sold to someone in Kano. This, they conveniently did under the guise of linking me up with those who will make the trip easy and smooth for me.

“We were 36 that left Kano for Libya, but only four of us made it alive, others died in the desert for lack of food and water. Unfortunately for me, while trying to find my way to Europe, I was arrested alongside other Nigerians and taken to prison.

Meanwhile, we had reported that a Nigerian lady identified as Sola Babatunde shared the terrible experience she had in Libya.

Speaking with Bioreports, the 28-year-old lady said she was abandoned by her boyfriend because she refused to sleep with him.

According to Sola, she was taken to Libya by road and employed as a maid. She said she was asked to pay back the N500,000 travel expenses, adding that she paid the money for one and the half years.

In a similar news, a 24-year-old Nigerian lady identified as Omolara Akintayo said she regrets travelling to Libya in search of greener pastures.

In a video interview with Bioreports, the young lady said she travelled to Libya in search of greener pastures because her parents were languishing in poverty.

Omolara narrated the ordeal she went through on her way to Libya, saying she spent 14 days to get to the North African country.

According to her, while they were in the desert, some people lost their lives and others were forced to drink water mixed with faeces as there was no clean water and food.

Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by Nackzy: 6:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Foolish, why not make more money and travel officially
Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by Okoroawusa: 7:01am On Feb 06, 2021
Village people
Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by GOFRONT(m): 7:04am On Feb 06, 2021
And as we speak, some people are there packing their bags and baggages, heading towards the north to pass through to Libya......Even when they ve heard several stories, how people die on the way due to lack of water and food......Water mixed with Faeces is the only food available..

Tufiakwa to the way some people think they are determined to japa..
Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by pascalbenz: 7:06am On Feb 06, 2021
Wahala
Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by punisha: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2021
Why would someone in his right sense agree to go to Europe through Libya... Is the name Libya not disturbing enough?
Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by MiamiePizza(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Make I highlight how this thing is run. The guy(Terry) mistakes, he lies and how e for easy for ham to moveee.
Mind you, bashing and quoting is allowed. You no see me I no see you, na faceless forum.

First that guy Terry lied. He no get any lucrative 1m cement business for naija all na pity cries. See him name Ikponwosa mehn e show say this guy no be just Edo boy but Benin boy for fvck sake. Everyone for B-side sabi how this Libya-Europe level be. E just be like a bani crying say she no sabi say na traffic dem wan traffic her go Europe, how true? When dem give you juju swear, one single mama dey pay for your expenses to go and all that sh!t. See ehn, everybody for Benin/Edo sabi this system and no bani no sabi, even if na 10yrs old we all know.

Dem fit scam ham that na true but na him fault. B4 you move you gats sabi who you dey follow go, how many success him trip don be, how many days e take dem to reach Libya and cross enter Europe and above all him self(gats) do African google to sabi if the trip go clear and if not, you ask what can be done to clear the way then you do ham... That's why you're and Edo boy.
Why you think say we get shrine for every corner of street for Benin?

And lastly. Since dem born me and since I don dey see people make Europe trip, nobody don ever spend 1m give agent, na big lie. No be same Europe wey 500k dey run?
Highest I don hear na 720 and na issues sup. How you wan convince me you spend 1m and you still no cross? Na so your own village people get your time?

I sabi una fit dey ask how I know and dey doubt this guy, OK see...
200-250k carry you reach Libya on a legit trip(no ask me wetin be "legit trip" as any osaze or osahun)
With 400k max you go cross enter Europe.
Him dey buy buy things for road?
Shey him that money fvck for Agadez or spend ham on Arab girls for Sabah abi dem arrest ham for Tripoli?
Terry gats talk the full gist

4 Likes

Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by MiamiePizza(m): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2021
GOFRONT:
And as we speak, some people are there packing their bags and baggages, heading towards the north to pass through to Libya......Even when they ve heard several stories, how people die on the way due to lack of water and food......Water mixed with Faeces is the only food available..

Tufiakwa to the way some people think they are determined to japa..
For this life some people go do some work and somethings for others. Na person go do bricklayer everybody no fit be doctor. Same way na person go follow land go Europe everybody no fit follow plane or die for naija.
And abeg where you see dem wey dey eat poo missed with water? Shey for the Sokoto to Libya journey wey no pass 2weeks?
When you dey travel you carry enough carry, groundnut and sometimes kuli kuli, that na wetin you go chop reach your destination after you change your small money to dollar.

Maybe dem wey dey chop poo no carry garri that na why dem chop the poo of those wey get food

1 Like

Re: Man Closed Down Lucrative Cement Business To Travel To Libya Through Desert by samwash(m): 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
This guy story nor add at all

(1) (Reply)

A nairalander Visit To Abeokuta Ogun State Nigeria / How Much Will It Take Me To Plan A Tour In Dubai For A Week? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.