Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Cryptocurrency Ban - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Cryptocurrency Ban (242 Views)

On Cryptocurrency Ban And The Nigerian Youths / Bitcoin, TBC, Ethereum and Other Cryptocurrency Ban: What You Should Do. / My Thoughts On Cryptocurrency Ban In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cryptocurrency Ban by food4tot: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
https://www.dailysabah.com/business/finance/nigeria-shutting-down-all-cryptocurrency-accounts

Accounts involved in the transfer or exchange of cryptocurrencies are to be closed down by Nigerian financial institutions per the orders of the country’s central bank on Friday, which warned of sanctions if they did not comply.

Cryptocurrency can be P2P. This means you can transfer cryptocurrency from your mobile phone to some other person's mobile. People don't carry a lot of money around these days?

So technically, if I use my bank account to buy bitcoin from a friend (or anyone), then my account could be frozen.
Re: Cryptocurrency Ban by food4tot: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Meanwhile

Tesla has acquired around $1.5 billion in Bitcoin under an investment policy at the electric car maker headed by Elon Musk, and it plans to begin accepting the digital currency as payment for vehicles soon.

The California company revealed the new strategy in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission early Monday, saying its investment in digital currency and other "alternative reserve assets" may grow.

Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives called Tesla's move to back the cryptocurrency "a potential game changing move for the use of bitcoin" to make retail purchases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/bitcoin-prices-soar-as-tesla-says-it-bought-2415-billion-worth/ar-BB1dvcvP
Re: Cryptocurrency Ban by food4tot: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Why didn't USA ban Tesla?

(1) (Reply)

Office Chair For Sale / Europe Africa Trade Council / Europe Africa Trade Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.