Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God (927 Views)

How Do I Make A Vow With God ? / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by azammi(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2021
So I was reading about vows and I saw how people of the old do it a lot and God always answer them , so I was wondering are they any guild line or principles of making a vow . Please if you have any idea about this your contribution will be appreciated
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Can you relate where God ANSWERED someone who purposely vowed to God for favouritism, and what type of prayers God answered?

azammi:
So I was reading about vows and I saw how people of the old do it a lot and God always answer them , so I was wondering are they any guild line or principles of making a vow . Please if you have any idea about this your contribution will be appreciated
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
grin grin I'm sure the Pope made a vow to God but still puts his trust on man to protect him for as long as possible.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by azammi(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Can you relate where God ANSWERED someone who purposely vowed to God for favouritism, and what type of prayers God answered?

read your Bible , all of them did
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by xproducer: 3:55am On Feb 07, 2021
Some key principles are:

1. Pray according to will of GOD

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." - 1 John 5:14-15

2. In faith!

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

3. Pay whatever you vow to GOD, by HIS grace and strength.

"When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed—" - Ecclesiastes 5:4

"Make vows to the Lord your God, and pay them; Let all who are around Him bring presents to Him who ought to be feared." - Psalm 76:11
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:02am On Feb 07, 2021
Perhaps you believed what misinformed Pastors are spreading abroad about God and favouritism shey?
Well from Genesis to Revelation you can never find a single person who made any vow to God with the hope of getting a return from God!
What you will see is how God promised to bless the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
This patriarchs God choose himself not that they made any vows to get anything in return from God rather God vowed to stand by them as long as they continue to keep his status. Genesis 12:1-3, 15:1, 17:1-8
What most people are expecting from God is give and take type of worship but that's not what God had with those people. Today anyone who wants to worship God must be contented with just one gift that God is promising us all through his son "EVERLASTING LIFE" {John 3:16} whoever is expecting any other favouritism will be highly disappointed because that's God's promise to all those who believe in his son nothing more! Matthew 20:1-16
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

azammi:
read your Bible , all of them did
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by AntiChristian: 5:30am On Feb 07, 2021
This is gonna be tough to decipher.
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by azammi(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
Thanks you’ve been helpful
xproducer:
Some key principles are:

1. Pray according to will of GOD

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." - 1 John 5:14-15

2. In faith!

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

3. Pay whatever you vow to GOD, by HIS grace and strength.

"When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed—" - Ecclesiastes 5:4

"Make vows to the Lord your God, and pay them; Let all who are around Him bring presents to Him who ought to be feared." - Psalm 76:11
Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by 1Sharon(f): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
Karlovic:
grin grin I'm sure the Pope made a vow to God but still puts his trust on man to protect him for as long as possible.

I won't be surprised if the pope is secretly an atheist grin but lies to his followers for a living

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Principles Of Making A Vow To God by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
azammi:
In Jesus Christ, God no longer desires your vows and oaths. Instead He commands that you accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments, ask anything tou want and He will give it to you that your joy may be made full(John 15 vs 1-16)

(1) (Reply)

Church Members Demands Tithes back as Pastor Bought New Range Rover (vid) / Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity / Matthew 13:11 Luke 8:10 Is The True God Partial?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.