Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa (15621 Views)

Niger: Benin Republic Foreign Minister, Olushegun Pledges Support For ECOWAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by ijustdey: 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2021

President Joe Biden of the United States of America has assured the African union of cooperation and expressed hope that he would physically attend the next AU summit.

According to him, the United States was eager to re-engage with the African Union to better support the people of Africa in everything from battling the COVID-19 pandemic to working with the AU to address conflicts that are costing lives across the continent.

President Joe Biden made the promise yesterday in his virtual remarks on the occasion of the 34th African Union Summit where he craved attendance in subsequent meeting.

The President said the United States would engage in sustained diplomacy, in collaborate with the AU, to address conflicts that are causing deaths across Africa.

He said, “This past year has shown us how interconnected our world is, and how our fates are bound up together. That is why my administration is committing to rebuilding our partnership around the world and reengaging with international institutions like the African Union.

“We must all work together to advance our shared vision of a better future. A future of growing trade and investment that advances prosperity for all our nations. A future that advances lives, of peace and security for all our citizens; a future committed to investing in our democratic institutions and promoting the human rights of all people: women and girls, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people of every ethnic background, religion and heritage.”

He said to reach this future, it was imperative to confront the serious challenges we face. “That includes investing more in global health, defeating COVID-19, and working to prevent, detect and respond to future health crisis, and partnering the African CDC and other institutions to advance health security.

“Raising our climate ambitions and ensuring developing nations can mitigate and adapt to climate impacts that are already causing pain. And engaging in sustained diplomacy, in connection with the African Union, to address conflicts that are costing lives all across the African continent.”

He said, “None of this is going to be easy, but the United States stands ready now to be your partner in solidarity, support and mutual respect. We believe in the nations of Africa and the continent-wide spirit of enterprenuership and innovation. And through the challenges ahead, although they’re great, there is no doubt that our nations, our people, the African Union- we’re up to this task. I hope I can be with you next time in person. I want to thank you, though.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/06/biden-may-attend-next-au-summit-pledges-support-for-africa/amp/

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Golan007: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
GammalNasser won't like this.

Ipob in tears.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
Let me wait for the nland resident pastor first

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Kzinne: 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Jesse6(m): 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
Resident pastor grin
Firstorderwizard:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2021
grin grin Americans will soon realise that Bo Xiden is a downgraded version of Buhari 2.0

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by decatalyst(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Firstorderwizard:

Why wait?

You already know the rhetorics he will type nah

grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by BigSarah(f): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
Slavery 3.0 loading

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by tyup(m): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
What we want at the summit is Trump not Biden and until the presidency is given back to Trump or he comes along with Trump, I and other fellow ever patriotic Nigerians are not welcoming him sad

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Officer4: 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
Great

2 Likes

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by seunmsg(m): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Biden is a blessing to Africa.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Loner97(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Way to go, although this man might be a wolf in a sheep's clothing.. Make we still day watch sha

7 Likes

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Patrioticman007(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Joe ibn biden al ameriki has done it again, all those islamaphobist agenda of dump trumpet has been squashed like mosquitoes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Brendaniel: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Abeg, he should not come, all the coming all of them have been doing since the days of clinton, what good has it brought to Africa, they all claim they love Africa, yet they are always quick to portray Africa in a bad light when they have meeting with themselves....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by coldsummer: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:
Trump is a blessing to Africa.
Educate me on what Trump did for Africa

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by fohiss: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Oga wan clear trump mess against africa ...

But seriously trump nor really benefit africa o.. apart from hip of curses on africans and ban

After election over am e com dey find africa angels to rescue am ... grin grin grin grin grin.... Maybe e for seek Syria angel grin grin grin

Denied our own from WTO.... Omo as biden enter ..nah once e declare support for d woman ...korea woman don see am omo nah she step down o grin grin grin grin

Biden never even spend 1month for office ...africa don dey enjoy am ... Cancel ban on africans ...appoint africans on major position ... Abeg trump was just a noise maker on top africa and d world... Up bidennnñ

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by knowhowk: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
BigSarah:
Slavery 3.0 loading
. Think before u type .

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Nigeriadondie1: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
cry Shameless Africa with its beggarly attitude. When would we for once uphold the dignity of the black race and use its abundant resources to uplift millions of Africans out of poverty to live in a dignified manner?
With the Union of animals in power in AU(Animal Union) it is obvious that Africa is irredeemable and hopelessly jinxed

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by oluwasegun007(m): 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
He need to visit this kontry so he can breathe life into our leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by marvin906(m): 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
I dont like this..
I prefer Trump's foreign policy for Africa..
Your on your own..
No interference

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by ecolime(m): 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
Who summit help?
Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Decolonel(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
This guy really wants to help Africa come out of penury that one daura cow has put us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Richdad50(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
Only a fool puts faith in an uncle who constantly gives you peanuts but refuses to show you the ingredients that make peanuts.

The best US President Africa ever had was Trump. A 'shithole country' would have been the phrase and rally cry needed by African leaders to end the sufferings of its people. If it never motivated them, then Biden wouldn't. Shame!!

Richdad

16 Likes

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by marvin906(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
Decolonel:
This guy really wants to help Africa come out of penury that one daura cow has put us

Africans are gullible

7 Likes

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by naijadrivablog: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
Make dem no come preach Gay Rights here o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by Yeeyo: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Biden will declared LGBT and leaders like buhari will support it 4 sure behind the seen.

1 Like

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by elisho: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
help your people first this was how your master Obama give us the lifeless President

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by gregyboy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
If there is one thing i supported trump for his, the fear he instilled on African leaders

This Biden go mumu join dem oppress Africans

I dont like him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by SaintBeehot(m): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
coldsummer:

Educate me on what Trump did for Africa
he's being sarcastic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden May Attend Next AU Summit, Pledges Support For Africa by PAWG(m): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
Biden keeps bursting my brain

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Cries Daily, Says Robert Mugabe / Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya / Bush Reports Mandela's "Death"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.