Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

How To Get Good And Effective Guard Dog Out Of Your Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Get Good And Effective Guard Dog Out Of Your Dog (320 Views)

Guard Dog Prevents Armed Policeman From Jumping Into Compound (video) / How To Train Our Local Dog Into An Effective Guard Dog / Top 10 Guard Dog's In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Good And Effective Guard Dog Out Of Your Dog by emmanuel397: 1:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Guarding the house is a primary role for every dog it just depends on how you treat them even ekukes that every body thinks are weak dogs do sometimes better than all these dogs you guys are talking about . Some dogs are treated in a way they think they are companions, even dogs claimed as companions could even guard the house .Did you know lhasa apso was breed by monks to guard the temple .Now to start things of with the first step.
1) Walk your dog around the area you want it to guard for a few days (what I did was to leave him outside to find out if he would leave the compound)
2)You need to hear it bark. You should know if your dog is ready and fit to start guarding the house. To do this there are two ways but I strongly recommend the first one method one is to sneak up on him slowly and don't get too close or it will sniff you out then get a small stick and step on it and wait for it's reaction when I did it he immediately barked and started chasing me until it realised it was me method 2 is to do something it doesn't like e.g get too close when it is eating meat or it's food etc then it will grow and then bark. why I recommend the first method is it is a 2 in 1 package because if it barks that is then end of this training but the second method only tells you it can bark.
3)Let a stranger walk past your house and watch it reaction those in step 2 method 1 if it doesn't bark watch it's reaction, if it's ears are straight up it is on high alert and would bark if necessary but those in the method 2 if this does not still work take it to another dog that would bark if necessary and reward the barking dog when necessary.
4)Now to complete the training call a stranger to come into the house and watch it's reaction, if necessary tell the stranger to run. To keep him to continuously do this walk him round Your house once or twice. Note that you need to continuously exercise for it to be able to over power the trespasser
Re: How To Get Good And Effective Guard Dog Out Of Your Dog by emmanuel397: 1:38am On Feb 07, 2021
pls people who are going to try it comment out how it went out for you
Re: How To Get Good And Effective Guard Dog Out Of Your Dog by emmanuel397: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2021
I will soon make a thread on how to exercise your dog

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa Pups Available For New Homes / Both Sex Eskimo Puppies Going For Affordable Price / Great Dane Pups Available In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.