Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Biden Looks To Move Beyond Trump's 'america First' In 1st Foreign Policy Address - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Biden Looks To Move Beyond Trump's 'america First' In 1st Foreign Policy Address (156 Views)

Biden Looks To Reassert Consumer Watchdog Agency Sidelined By Trump / Joe Biden Names Osaremen Okolo As His Covid19 Policy Advisor / Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biden Looks To Move Beyond Trump's 'america First' In 1st Foreign Policy Address by Kennying: 2:44am On Feb 07, 2021
President Biden said on Thursday that he will work with allies and partners to sanction Myanmar, end the war in Yemen, admit more refugees, and protect the rights of LGBTQ people around the world, signaling his plans to chart a course away from former President Donald Trump's "America First" approach to foreign policy.
Biden did not utter Trump's name in his first foreign policy speech as president, which he delivered at the State Department in Washington, D.C. But he said he has begun to try to repair the damage he said his predecessor did to America's reputation as a leader on democracy and human rights issues.
"Over the past two weeks, I've spoken with the leaders of many of our closest friends — Canada, Mexico, the U.K., Germany, France, NATO, Japan, South Korea and Australia — to begin reforming the habits of cooperation and rebuilding the muscles of democratic alliances that have atrophied over the past few years of neglect and, I would argue, abuse," Biden said.
The president said the United States' democratic values had "come under intense pressure in recent years" and were "pushed to the brink in the last few weeks" — an allusion to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol as Congress gathered to tally election results, a riot that shocked Americans and the world.
The Biden administration is trying to cool down this unstable world, especially when the new coronavirus is rampant all over the world. But from the speech, I personally don't agree that the United States is still full of self superiority. I don't know why they can be so sure that the United States can represent all mankind after this ironic presidential election.
Re: Biden Looks To Move Beyond Trump's 'america First' In 1st Foreign Policy Address by nosiebaba(m): 7:09am On Feb 07, 2021
BIDENS MISTAKE, to please everyone just to make a point.

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce The Ecological Impacts Of PPE & Plastic Pollution / How To Eat Healthy On A Budget / FG Gives Mines, Steel Development Ministry N6 Billion COVID-19 Lifeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.