Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? (688 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 07, 2021
The question should be, is the Bible obsolete?

The bible had been written for a very long time. My understanding is that the bible contains histories and people's way of life. Dealings with God and God's words. If i am correct...

Don't we need to write another bible?
Many new prophecies are on ground
Many scientific improvements that points to the existence of God.
For the coming generations that may find these histories hard to believe because of the new technology advancement they met.

If the new generation can't write a Bible, why?
Are the new generation of prophets and pastors lower fidel to older ones?

Rev 22:18–19.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am not saying remove or add. I mean write a new one that will preach directly to the Modern bad vices like terrorism and "dirtiness due to holiness", e.t.c

Nigeria may even be included in the bible.
Many archeological newer facts will be included
(like the last pieces of Noah's ark found)
Covid19 plague and so on...

My question, can't the world come together to write a new bible for the modern world sake?
If you say Jesus is coming soon so no need, what if his coming is another 2000 years time?
Do we need a new modern Bible or not?

Updated: Many people saying the Bible is complete and everything to happen has been written...

Will man get to Mars?
Do the bible realise there are many earthlike planets?
What is the Bible perspectives on Brain preservation?

I just want to learn. lipsrsealed

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by helinues: 6:35am On Feb 07, 2021
Those before didn't use Bible... Those after us ( Centuries to come) would read something different from bible..

The Usa, China, UK would all be in the new form of bible

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 6:44am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:
The bible had been written for a very long time. My understanding is that the bible contains histories and people's way of life. Dealings with God and God's words. If i am correct...

For the coming generations that may find these histories hard to believe because of the new technology advancement they met.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am not saying remove or add. I mean write a new one that will preach directly to the Modern bad vices like terrorism and "dirtiness due to holiness", e.t.c

My question, can't the world come together to write a new bible for the modern world sake?
If you say Jesus is coming soon so no need, what if his coming is another 2000 years time?

The bible is a chronicle of God's dealings with the blood line of the Messiah AND the redemption that will follow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Technological advancement?? Are you sure what is written in the Bible is not tallying with our world? Great inventors that made impact as of old started from the Bible, Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and the rest study the Bible and Grab the insight to make great invention in our world. The Bible still remain a life changing book that can turns a man life if he's willing to follow and do according to it meticulously.

If you are bringing an idea of writing a new Bible do you know it still the same as removing words to replace new once? Rev 22:18-19. Because there is no how a Bible can be written without consulting the Bible we are having unless we want to go against God in heaven.

So Mr, I have seen men who hold to that book and allow God made wounder out of them. That book is a compedium of God's mysteries. Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:2, 2 Tim 2:15.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

The bible is a chronicle of God's dealings with the blood line of the Messiah AND the redemption that will follow!

Can't we write a new one, maybe that will feature likes of Adeboye, Don Moen, Oyedepo, Benny hill... all talking about religious contemporary issues. The old one will still be reckoned with, just a new one to talk about technological advancements, we no longer ride horses again. The bible should capture all that, abi?

I fear a day our children will see space shuttle as the meaning of rapture. I'm only thinking out
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

Can't we write a new one, maybe that will feature likes of Adeboye, Don Moen, Oyedepo, Benny hill... all talking about religious contemporary issues. The old one will still be reckoned with, just a new one to talk about technological advancements, we no longer ride horses again. The bible should capture all that, abi?

I fear a day our children will see space shuttle as the meaning of rapture. I'm only thinking out
The bible isn't a constitution. The storyline of the Messiah has been put in scripture for posterity. How can anyone add to it.

Rev 22:18-19:
"For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by bigDickson(m): 7:11am On Feb 07, 2021
There are ages of time in history... Currently we are in the church age. The Church age the last age before the millenial Kingdom of Christ on earth.

The bible was created for the church age which started in AD 33. The Bible chronological arrangement from Genesis to Revelation suggest a pattern of event from Creation to the End of all things. This chronological pattern suggest nothing more can be added to the world. Everything a Christian needs is in the bible. The bible is complete.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

The bible isn't a constitution. The storyline of the Messiah has been put in scripture for posterity. How can anyone add to it.

"For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

For posterity, for show of leniency, for giving out God's perspectives on new trends.
My fear, are the new set of prophets lower fidel or they won't write because God won't speak to them? Please answer and stop feigning ignorance to my question. You know i meant 'new one' Showing new trends and God's perspectives to them. Imagine the bible record #silhouetteChallenge, what will be God's perspectives to it?
Imagine God wants to tell USA or ISRAEL to weigh war on Nigeria, how do we document this?
Do you get?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 07, 2021
bigDickson:
There are ages of time in history... Currently we are in the church age. The Church age the last age before the millenial Kingdom of Christ on earth.

The bible was created for the church age which started in AD 33. The Bible chronological arrangement from Genesis to Revelation suggest a pattern of event from Creation to the End of all things. This chronological pattern suggest nothing more can be added to the world. Everything a Christian needs is in the bible. The bible is complete.

Will man reach Mars?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by BassReeves: 7:29am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

Drabeey:

The bible is a living book. It is a book alive and daily giving out life, hope, faith, power and love

The need is not for a rewritten bible that is new, but the need of the Helper, the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spiriit to teach, to show, to reveal things of God and the world to individuals
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

my guy!
It will take another covenant for another bible to be written. But so long today Christians are under the new covenant that was established 2000 years ago through Christ which will last forever, there is no need for a new bible.
Rather, let our lives also be a bible to the next generation which many achiements of this current generation are already serving that purpose of impacting to the next generation
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2021
BassReeves:

The bible is a living book. It is a book alive and daily giving out life, hope, faith, power and love

The need is not for a rewritten bible that is new, but the need of the Helper, the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spiriit to teach, to show, to reveal things of God and the world to individuals
I agree!
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

For posterity, for show of leniency, for giving out God's perspectives on new trends.
My fear, are the new set of prophets lower fidel or they won't write because God won't speak to them? Please answer and stop feigning ignorance to my question. You know i meant 'new one' Showing new trends and God's perspectives to them. Imagine the bible record #silhouetteChallenge, what will be God's perspectives to it?
Imagine God wants to tell USA or ISRAEL to weigh war on Nigeria, how do we document this?
Do you get?
It's a free world!
Write your own book and call it the updated bible!

What is stopping you?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by BassReeves: 7:46am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

The bible is a constitution albeit a constitution that doesnt need change.

Drabeey:
Do you get?
The bible is relevant across the age. Nothing under the sun is truly new. You can bet, it all has been done before, hence its history merely repeating itself. Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is oldies nothing is ever truly new

God's perspectives to #silhouetteChallenge, is you have the choice to decide to watch or not watch #silhouetteChallenge, and if you do watch #silhouetteChallenge, then do not sin. Joseph was confronted with #silhouetteChallenge, but he refused to do a wicked thing and sin against God.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

It's a free world!

What is stopping you?

People like you who won't buy it. You will call it a Bible from an Infidel grin
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

I wonder why an infidel should write a book speaking about God!
Does it make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 7:55am On Feb 07, 2021
BassReeves:

The bible is relevant across the age. Nothing under the sun is truly new. You can bet, it all has been done before, hence its history merely repeating itself. Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is oldies nothing is ever truly new

God's perspectives to #silhouetteChallenge, is you have the choice to decide to watch or not watch #silhouetteChallenge, and if you do watch #silhouetteChallenge, then do not sin. Joseph was confronted with #silhouetteChallenge, but he refused to do a wicked thing and sin against God.

This is what the everliving word of God is:

2Tim 3:16:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

Oga, do we need to write a new bible that talks about Newly discovered planets? Where Noah's ark was found, How USA aliens are hidden before coming out to tell us.

Oga, do we need to write about the blackhole according to what God will tell his prophets.

I've read the book page to last, nothing like blackhole, nothing like kepler 1649c. I mean many things found now. Do we still need to describe God as a Lion?
Of only the tribe of Judah, do we even still have that tribe anymore?
Answer please and stop whining
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Are people no more inspired by God to write what God is saying?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

There are a thousand and one Christian literatures: aren't there?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by shadeyinka(m): 8:16am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:

Oga, do we need to write a new bible that talks about Newly discovered planets? Where Noah's ark was found, How USA aliens are hidden before coming out to tell us.

Oga, do we need to write about the blackhole according to what God will tell his prophets.

I've read the book page to last, nothing like blackhole, nothing like kepler 1649c. I mean many things found now. Do we still need to describe God as a Lion?
I think you must know at least one single book that contains every science, art, literature, history, mathematics, logic, spirituality, medicine and psychology!

Every good book specializes in a theme!

Unfortunately, instead of using your sense to write at least one book on atheism, the best you can do is dabble in what doesn't concern you.

Empty Noise maker!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38am On Feb 07, 2021
Surely something new will be written after this dispensation, it will contain everything that has been happening since the last book of the Bible was completed.
But that will be in PARADISE when JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will be telling millions of resurrected ones how we PREACHED and TAUGHT during the time America declared freedom of speech, expression and worship. We will tell them how we exert ourselves vigorously despite all the ill-treatment we get from supposed neighbours who felt we were judging them simply because we refused to participate in their idolatry.
YES! We will write another book that will tell people like Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Deborah, Samson, David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, John the baptist, the thief beside Jesus at death and a host of others, we will tell tham what we experienced during the conclusion of this system of things. By then Satan would have been locked up with his demons and no useless religion will stand against pure worship. Revelations 20:1-3

Until then let whoever wants to know the righteousness of God seek it will all his heart! Zephaniah 2:2-3

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by BassReeves: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka:
It's a free world!

What is stopping you?
Good answer

Drabeey:
Maybe because the bible is perfect as it already is and doesnt need revising or change for a new one

shadeyinka:

Drabeey:

It is not the Bible's place to tell you about newly discovered planets, where Noah's ark is found or how alleged USA aliens are hidden or not.

The bible is not written to inform or read about blackhole, not to inform or read about Kepler-1649c. Describing God as a Lion, is a metaphor for strength, power, mightiness etc. The reunion of the tribe of Judah will happen in the future
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by BassReeves: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2021
BassReeves:

shadeyinka:

Word

Drabeey:
If people are not satisfied with the bible the way it already is, they won't be satisfied with the new bible you are proposing should be written up. Soon after finishing writing the new bible, they will be looking for a newer bible all over again.

Drabeey, we are at the stage of where true worshipers worship God in spirit and in truth. Drabeey, us believers, are now, ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Do you comprehend any in this?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2021
BassReeves:

Word

If people are not satisfied with the bible the way it already is, they won't be satisfied with the new bible you are proposing should be written up. Soon after finishing writing the new bible, they will be looking for a newer bible all over again.

Drabeey , we are at the stage of where true worshipers worship God in spirit and in truth. Drabeey, us believers, are now, ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Do you comprehend any in this?

You've got a germane point. grin
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by BassReeves: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:
You've got a germain point. grin
I am pleased to see us being germane with each other
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by orunto27: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2021
I fear a day our children will see space shuttle as the meaning of rapture. The Resurrection Craft and Witchcraft are in the Bible for us to develop for common use.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by illicit(m): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Write it first....

People will subscribe
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 07, 2021
orunto27:
I fear a day our children will see space shuttle as the meaning of rapture. The Resurrection Craft and Witchcraft are in the Bible for us to develop for common use.

Who is these speaking common Sense? My fears too
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2021
A new Bible won't be written nor the current one added to because doing that will ruin the mystique of the Bible. The illusion of divine sanction of the text needs to be perpetuated for it to continue to be effective as an authoritative text for those that believe or else they become unchained from the religion that it is based on. This is why scientific findings are scoffed at because they break the illusion. For instance there is no archeological evidence the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt nor is there any evidence of the 40year Exodus. Stuff like this destroys the mystique so why would they encourage further illusion shattering findings to become integrated into their sacred texts?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by fehintiola324: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2021
:You've got a germain point. I am pleased to see us being germane with each other

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mbaka: Enugu Catholic Diocese Declares 7 Days Prayer For Desecrated Cathedral / Speak The Truth In Love / Abaddon/apollyon: Demon Or Jesus According To Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.