Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,969 members, 7,952,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Not To Construct A Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Not To Construct A Road (205 Views)

How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Sinkhole Appears In The Middle Of A Road In Ogbor Hill, Aba, After Heavy Rain / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Construct A Road by chinedu234(m): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
A two kilometer road was constructed very recently by the Lagos State public works department in the Baruwa Candos community. The aim here is to enable governor Sanwolu ascertain if the job done was in line with his standards and directives. Ordinarily the community members are happy for the tarred road and also worried that the infrastructure may not last the taste of time. The road level is below the level of ground the houses are built on both sides. The drainage digging was too wide apparently to enable the constructors sell a lot of excavated red sand. The drainage was then left unfilled thereby leaving it to the mercy of the next raining season. This is what has bothered some residents and one of them described the job as a 'beautiful nonsense'. Please see the attached photos for careful perusal.

Re: How Not To Construct A Road by Originalsly: 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hmmm..... so he had to wait until the road was completed before he can tell if it is up to his standard. No doubt... his standard is super low.... below common sense. I can imagine the number of over qualified engineers on this disaster waiting to happen... and the amount of money wasted. Any way.... good developmemt... until the rains come.

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need An Answer To My Question. Thanks / Many Feared Dead After Boat Sinks In Kebbi / What Am I Going To Do If I Have A Date Of Birthday Disput Worngly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.