Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? (123 Views)

NDA Past Questions And Answers (nigerian Defence Academy) / Why Do Nigerians Always Ask This Dumb Questions. / Why Are Nigerians Always Angry With The Question 'please May I Know You?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by floss(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
Why is it that Nigerians always praise their past leaders once they leave office, today when one talk about Late President Yar'Adua, next thing you will hear is; he was the best thing that happened to Nigeria, talk of Obasanjo, he was also the best, Goodluck Jonathan, you will hear things like he was better off compared to what we have now....soon Buhari will join the league of best presidents Nigeria has produce under democracy regime....then the next will be called all kinds of names once he starts to rule.

This was a comment by someone back in 2007 on the topic below.
: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
Yar'Adua is a very weak man and he's allowing Obasanjo to control him. Why is he allowing this? because of the shoddy April polls which he obviously did not win. OBJ brought him in through the back door, and Yar'Adua knows that if he cut loose from OBJ today, he will lose those cases pending against him and he will be thrown out of office.

Obasanjo was the main problem with Nigeria for eight years, and he's still the problem today. Let anybody challenge me on this statement, in fact I intend to start a thread on this.

Now if only selfish people like Muhammadu Buhari, Ojukwu, etc would withdraw their cases from the election tribunal maybe that would give Yar'Adua the infusion of courage he needs to sack Obasanjo completely.

But again, maybe Umaru Yar'Adua would simply substitute the Northern Mafia for OBJ. And the Northern oligarchy we all know have never had Nigeria's best interests at heart. Yar'Adua is not a good politician. He should have started building his own political base by now by putting his own people into strategic positions. Most his key men today were foisted on him by OBJ.

I think Nigerians deserves a better deal than this cowardly man is giving us. cry
Re: Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by Dong2: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
floss:
Why is it that Nigerians always praise their past leaders once they leave office, today when one talk about Late President Yar'Adua, next thing you will hear is; he was the best thing that happened to Nigeria, talk of Obasanjo, he was also the best, Goodluck Jonathan, you will hear things like he was better off compared to what we have now....soon Buhari will join the league of best presidents Nigeria has produce under democracy regime....then the next will be called all kinds of names once he starts to rule.

This was a comment by someone back in 2007 on the topic below.
: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
Yar'Adua is a very weak man and he's allowing Obasanjo to control him. Why is he allowing this? because of the shoddy April polls which he obviously did not win. OBJ brought him in through the back door, and Yar'Adua knows that if he cut loose from OBJ today, he will lose those cases pending against him and he will be thrown out of office.

Obasanjo was the main problem with Nigeria for eight years, and he's still the problem today. Let anybody challenge me on this statement, in fact I intend to start a thread on this.

Now if only selfish people like Muhammadu Buhari, Ojukwu, etc would withdraw their cases from the election tribunal maybe that would give Yar'Adua the infusion of courage he needs to sack Obasanjo completely.

But again, maybe Umaru Yar'Adua would simply substitute the Northern Mafia for OBJ. And the Northern oligarchy we all know have never had Nigeria's best interests at heart. Yar'Adua is not a good politician. He should have started building his own political base by now by putting his own people into strategic positions. Most his key men today were foisted on him by OBJ.

I think Nigerians deserves a better deal than this cowardly man is giving us. cry

Nigerians never praise abacha or babangida who plundered this country o.
Re: Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by floss(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
[quote author=Dong2 post=98838164]

Nigerians never praise abacha or babangida who plundered this country o.[/quote
Are you sure about this, so many Nigerians and their families benefited from abacha's regime which I'm sure of....
Re: Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by Dong2: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
[quote author=floss post=98838259][/quote]
Are you one of their beneficiaries.? I m not one though
Re: Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by MickzyDonald: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
It will never happen to the man called Buhari sad
Re: Nigerians Always Praise Their Past Leaders Once They Leave Office WHY? by falcon01: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
No body will ever praise Buhari, No body ever praised Abacha. Umaru musa was the Only president Determined To make things work, He was hated by his own people for Trying to Bring peace and equity to the Nation, Goodluck Jonathan lacked the qualities of a leader he wasnt Harsh he wasn't Tough for the Job.

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Cruiser Motorcycle Helmets? / Poco M3 Specifications || Best In Class Smartphone / Find A Hair Salon In Bristol That Satisfy Your Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.