Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? (1068 Views)

Implementing CRUD Operation With Entity Framework In Asp.net MVC Series / Angular 6 CRUD Example | MEAN Stack Tutorial / Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by squash47(m): 11:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Presently, I have learnt how to Create, Read, Update and Delete data in php.

What else should l learn ?
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by highbreedtech(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
CRUD is just basics of SQL
let me say Operation of a Database!
What Language have you learnt so far?
or What Language do you already know now?
i need to know to be able to Advice you, Crud is Nothing

CRUD
C - Create
R - Retrieve
U - Update
D - Delete

this is just a basic operation in Database and not much something to die over grin

Tell little about the Past programming languages you have learnt then that will help.

2 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Karleb(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Trust me when I say there is a long way to go.
Very very long.

2 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by squash47(m): 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
highbreedtech:
CRUD is just basics of SQL
let me say Operation of a Database!
What Language have you learnt so far?
or What Language do you already know now?
i need to know to be able to Advice you, Crud is Nothing

CRUD
C - Create
R - Retrieve
U - Update
D - Delete

this is just a basic operation in Database and not much something to die over grin

Tell little about the Past programming languages you have learnt then that will help.

I mean, what else can I do with PHP after learning crud...

What other thing can I practice to facilitate my journey towards being a php ninja cool cool cool
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by mynd4400: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
squash47:

I mean, what else can I do with PHP after learning crud...

What other thing can I practice to facilitate my journey towards being a php ninja cool cool cool
Learn OOP (object oriented programming) smiley
Polymorphism
Inheritance
Classes
Destructors
Constructors etc

Goodluck wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by segbolon: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Build your first project. Clone any site there. Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland. Build. Nothing teaches you like doing.
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by highbreedtech(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2021
mynd4400:

Learn OOP (object oriented programming) smiley
Polymorphism
Inheritance
Classes
Destructors
Constructors etc

Goodluck wink

Chai a learner should learn this?
Fear God.
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Karleb(m): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2021
highbreedtech:

Chai a learner should learn this?
Fear God.

There is nothing there abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by highbreedtech(m): 9:15am On Feb 10, 2021
Karleb:

There is nothing there abeg.

Nothing on OOP? U must be Joking grin
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Karleb(m): 10:36am On Feb 10, 2021
highbreedtech:

You make it seem so hard.
What do you say about beginners learning languages like Java.
You can't learn a thing in Java without OOP.

3 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Abrahamdgreat(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
highbreedtech:

There's nothing there... Took me less than a week to learn it and trust me I no serious with am like that back then
Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Donpre(m): 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
Build a system that solves a problem. You never know how much you've mastered CRUD until you have to manipulate data in certain very specific ways.

Other things you should learn are:
- Authentication
- Multiple user types and permissions
- Websockets and real-time data

1 Like

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by qtguru(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
Today's PHP is OOP and some PHP SPL Classes to read and some design patterns. but as long as you can cover OOP and any other complex concept in the future you will be fine.

Some PHP Frameworks are out of this world, look at Symfony Docs and mehn

2 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by DualCore1: 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2021
Everybody wants to learn to code and they just seem to be making the exact same mistakes we made some 15 years ago (that momentarily stunted our progress), when so much has changed and information is now readily available. Then, we were all trying to learn this language and that language.

Stop trying to "learn" a language...PHP, Java, Javascript... etc!

You want to learn how to code? Learn programming.

Spend a lifetime continuously learning the principles and concepts of programming and at some point, you will only need a weekend to understand the syntax of any language. Yes, in the process of learning programming you will have a language of reference (better a low level one) but you are focusing on the concepts of programming and not the language.

I saw another thread asking if PHP is dying(my biased opinion: was it ever alive?). Languages come and go, the principles and concepts of programming stay the same.

You don't learn how to drive a Honda Accord, a Toyota Camry, a Benz...No, you learn how to drive a car.

The following are purely my suggestions (and may not make any sense to some).
If you have 2 to 3 years to self-teach yourself from the ground up and you thrive in challenging situations, use this:
https://teachyourselfcs.com
This curriculum is (sometimes needlessly) ruthless but there's a reason not everyone can work at Google.

If you don't have that much time, use this
https://cs50.harvard.edu/x/2021/

and then this
https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-web-development-bootcamp

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by naijasensei: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
DualCore1:
Everybody wants to learn to code and they just seem to be making the exact same mistakes we made some 15 years ago (that momentarily stunted our progress), when so much has changed and information is now readily available. Then, we were all trying to learn this language and that language.

Stop trying to "learn" a language...PHP, Java, Javascript... etc!

You want to learn how to code? Learn programming.

Spend a lifetime continuously learning the principles and concepts of programming and at some point, you will only need a weekend to understand the syntax of any language. Yes, in the process of learning programming you will have a language of reference (better a low level one) but you are focusing on the concepts of programming and not the language.

I saw another thread asking if PHP is dying(my biased opinion: was it ever alive?). Languages come and go, the principles and concepts of programming stay the same.

You don't learn how to drive a Honda Accord, a Toyota Camry, a Benz...No, you learn how to drive a car.

The following are purely my suggestions (and may not make any sense to some).
If you have 2 to 3 years to self-teach yourself from the ground up and you thrive in challenging situations, use this:
https://teachyourselfcs.com
This curriculum is (sometimes needlessly) ruthless but there's a reason not everyone can work at Google.

If you don't have that much time, use this
https://cs50.harvard.edu/x/2021/

and then this
https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-web-development-bootcamp

2 Likes

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by airsaylongcome: 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
highbreedtech:

Absolutely nothing in OOP. Abroad, your first programming course will include classes and objects

1 Like

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Lagoon0: 6:43am On Feb 13, 2021
My code on php has nothing much to do with oop yet.
I'm well knowledgeable programmer has not code much programs.

I really love C programming and C++. Planning on learning assembly (ASM) in future , I want to be masters of these language since they interact with machine well.

@topic I'll advice the op to do many wep app needing indept understanding of php and leading para el to spice it up

1 Like

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Bahat: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
Start by implementing those things you said to learn on a real life project, you can improve on it as you get more advanced.

Make a website on your localhost with the latest php version continue improving on it. That’s the best way to learn.

Write clean and readable code

1 Like

Re: Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? by Bahat: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
Lagoon0:
My code on php has nothing much to do with oop yet.
I'm well knowledgeable programmer has not code much programs.

I really love C programming and C++. Planning on learning assembly (ASM) in future , I want to be masters of these language since they interact with machine well.

@topic I'll advice the op to do many wep app needing indept understanding of php and leading para el to spice it up

If you plan to enjoy using C learning Asm is a must. You must implement things with it, read already written codes. It takes years to master that C of a thing. Pointers lol, memory management. Beware of vulnerable and function calls.

The lord is your strength. Dont forget use on Linux machine

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do Remote Companies Provide Their Employees With Equipments? / Help On Vb6 With Mysql And Mssql / Scratch Card As A General Programming Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.