Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira (17652 Views)

Biggest Mess Created In 2023 Was Naira Devaluation From N460 To N1,400-Dangote / Relationship Between Inflation And The Unending Devaluation Of The Naira / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by dasparrow: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
Any African country that wants to progress should stop listening to these satanic organizations like the IMF. I saw a video on YouTube were a white man who seems to be a professor was saying that the West put systems in place to keep Africa perpetually impoverished.

The only way we will ever move forward as a people is to cut off the white man. I don't know when our people will understand that these europeans and their descendants don't mean well for Africans and never have. Africa wake the hell up!!!!!!!
Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2021
The only people who won't be dying are corrupt government officials and their cronies who have stolen and converted to USD $$$ and stored in safe tax havens - they have dual citizenship and can leave any time they feel like. na you wey dey for nairaland and Instagram dey complain go hear am. no go find SNIPER wey you go put inside dia food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by themanderon: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2021
IMF, World bank and other international financial institutions never mean well for developing countries like Nigeria. The goal is to perpetually enslave them and milk them dry. They give loans and attach conditions that will make your country to be in a debt trap one that generations unborn will continue paying for. They are one of the reason no sub Saharan African country is developed. They install shitty leaders who will forever be willing to do their bidding.
Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
SIRTee15:

The naira is already devalued. Nobody gets dollar or any other foreign currency at the official exchange rate. These has resulted in multiple parallel rates which isn't good for the country's monetary policy.
What CBN needs to do is to unify all exchange rates in the country n this can only happen if they allow the naira to be officially devalued.
Other measures pursued by CBN such as restricting remittance from overseas, banning Bitcoin or restricting imports are futile effort that will only expand the demand for parallel market.
Nobody will exchange his dollar for 360 naira, when there's an alternative for 500. If it means travelling to cotonou to change it....people will do it.
CBN is the one that should get it's monetary policy right.
But u are right on one thing...IMF has no good intention for Africa.

Hmm, I learnt something here.
Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by themanderon: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
dasparrow:
Any African country that wants to progress should stop listening to these satanic organizations like the IMF. I saw a video on YouTube were a white man who seems to be a professor was saying that the West put systems in place to keep Africa perpetually impoverished.

The only way we will ever move forward as a people is to cut off the white man. I don't know when our people will understand that these europeans and their descendants don't mean well for Africans and never have. Africa wake the hell up!!!!!!!

I also watched that video. That is the reason why I laugh anytime I see anyone claiming we have independence, naah colonialism merely changed garments.
The whites deliberately handed over the nations of Africa to individuals who will always protect their interests. Take for example Nigeria where they had a better qualified Awolowo, Zik, Enahoro etc but they felt that the northerners will better serve their interest so they gave power to Balewa. The French have made theirs to be so obvious that they are not hiding the fact that they run the economy of all these francophone African countries (Google "The pact for continuation of colonization in Africa" and you will understand better). Only God knows the pact the British signed with Nigeria that has ensured this nation never truly developed to it's full potential. It's almost as if each successive government further retards the growth of the nation. Power supply is in comatose, the economy has maintained negative growth for decades, refineries are dead but we buy from the west, Manufacturing is being stifled by poorly thought out policies etc
So we can see that this is all a grand design to keep the nation in a perpetual state of limbo so we can continue to depend on the west.
The day Africa wakes up is the day the economies of these western countries will start collapsing and the west will never allow that. Also Google "the confessions of an economic hitman" You will see how some Presidents were even assassinated for rejecting some of these western proposals that would have rendered their countries subservient to the west for life.
Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by ynotsadeek(m): 6:15am On Feb 10, 2021
Eggzatly ��

dotun365:
cheesy cheesy abeg we don'tdevaluein Nigeria, we only adjust the currency when it is too late
Re: FG Rejects IMF’s Call For Further Devaluation Of Naira by Eborty(m): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2021
Government can sometimes be smarter than some lazy youths.

What IMF is suggesting are for our benefits (Nigeria), as the current state of the nation is concerned, the economy is collapsing due to bad governance and corruption. Even more, money which are meant to be spent on revenue generating facilities or industries are spent on stagnant infrastructures. Also the country continues to lose its FX to the importation of refined fuel, and just earlier this week the government cut off the relevant of cryptocurrency to naira.

Politicians (Mostly the ones who are into import and export) are the ones to lose massively.

Though government may later devalue it, but first as corrupt as they are, they will want to change the notes in their possession to another currencies so as to retain their richness and value.

Our politicians (Nigeria politicians) are very stupid and primitive, imagine them disproving IMF, when they are the actual devil disrupting the nation's economy: thereby laundering from the country's economy to overseas economy.

me I no go lie, I don tire for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isyaku Naziru Rabiu, Resigns From Board Of BUA Foods PLC / Dangote/black Rhino Group To Construct $10bn Power Plants In Kano / Tranos Officially Opens Its End To End Factory In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.