Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

I'll Put You In Front By Joy A. Adewumi On Thespiritpen.com - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'll Put You In Front By Joy A. Adewumi On Thespiritpen.com (334 Views)

Redeemed - Written By Joy A. Adewumi / Do Not Crash-read! By Joy A. Adewumi / The Bed Undefiled By Joy A. Adewumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'll Put You In Front By Joy A. Adewumi On Thespiritpen.com by SpiritPen(f): 12:30am On Feb 09, 2021
I’LL PUT YOU IN FRONT – A SHORT STORY BY JOY A. ADEWUMI

'Hi, Victoria. We looked through your portfolio and pitch and we appreciate your interest in working with us, but your level of experience and expertise is not what we require at this time. Heck! What does that even mean?!' Vic whined as she tossed her phone on her bed in frustration! Why did this keep happening? Each time she applied for these contracts, she always prayed, but somehow they never worked out! What else did she have to do? Didn't prayer solve all things?

Experience? She had more experience than many other creatives in her niche and they had no problems landing juicy gigs! Expertise? Heck! She was good at what she did. Really good. She'd even trained some very successful people, so that certainly wasn’t why she was rejected!

Each time she applied to one call for designers or the other, she ended up facing rejections in many different forms. At this point, she was sure she knew every single form by which a rejection letter could be drafted.

Tears stung her eyes and she shook her head vigorously. She wasn't going to cry. Many great people had faced worse before their big breaks. She was tough, she could do this! She was going to go right back online and search for more calls. She wasn't going to let this rejection pull her down.

With a bravado she wasn't quite feeling, she stretched across the bed to pick her phone.

Why not take a breather?[/i]

What? A breather? A breather wasn’t what she needed right now. A breather was a bad idea. If she took that advice, she would only slide into depression and maybe give up.

[i]Calm down and talk to God.

Talk to God? Of course, she talked to God. Every chance she got as a matter of fact. She'd probably bent His ears with her pleas on this particular issue.

Opening her Chrome browser, she was going to enter in a string of search keywords but restlessness took over her form.

Not giving up is great, but sometimes, when nothing seems to be working, you should ask questions.

Questions? How did that factor into anything? Was she supposed to ask God why she kept facing rejections? Wasn't it obvious that He was taking her through a process and testing her ability to handle her moments of failure and rejection? What else could there be?

Just talk to God.

At this clear prompting, Alexis dropped her phone and blinked, not sure what to say. She opened her mouth a couple of times and closed them not sure the questions she was about to ask were okay. They sounded more like allegations than questions and that was honestly how she felt. If the Holy Spirit really wanted her to talk to God, He would have to help out here.

Just talk.

Accuse God? Question Him? Blame Him? That didn't feel right. However, nothing else came from the Holy Spirit and Alex realised she would just have to talk.

With a deep sigh and a weird rush of emotions she blurted, 'God, why? I don't know. I mean, I just don't get it! Why do I keep getting rejected? I have experience. I have honed my skills, I keep honing them, so why? People who are not half as experienced as I am land amazing contracts and each time, it takes all I've got to smile at them and congratulate them. I thought it was you checking to see how I handled failure and rejection but apparently, something else is wrong.' At this point, the tears she fought to hold at bay broke forth like a dam and she just let out her misery.

'Each time I bid for a job, I commit my ways into Your hands and ask that You bless then, but each of those times I come back defeated. Yet, I was bent on being strong in faith but I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I'm not sure my morale can handle much more. It doesn't help that those I trained are far up ahead of me. I am tired. What do I do? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there some hidden sin working against me? Am I-'

Check your phone...

Click the link below to finish reading Vic's story:
https://thespiritpen.com/ill-put-you-in-front-a-short-story/

Source: thespiritpen.com

1 Like

Re: I'll Put You In Front By Joy A. Adewumi On Thespiritpen.com by Zara20(f): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
help me Lord

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Afam Ebeogu's Publication On Mythic Imagination In Tess Onwueme's Drama / Survival Creed. / On The Run (fantasy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.