Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Concubinage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Concubinage. (107 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concubinage. by topshore(f): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2021
Text: 1Kings 11:1-3

Brethren, I just want to share with you one of the message of my spiritual father: concubinage.

What is Concubinage?
Concubinage is the enemy of a peaceful home.
It is defined as the co-habitation of a man and a woman without legal or formal marriage.
It is an interpersonal and sexual relationship between a man and a woman that are not married.
The woman in such a relationship is referred to as a concubine.

What is God's Perspective About Concubinage?
God never supports concubinage although the Bible records some cases of men who had concubines.

Consequences of Concubinage with Biblical Examples.
1. Hagar
She was an illegal wife and maid to Abraham and Sarah. She gave birth to the seeds of Ishmael that have become thorn in the flesh of Christianity today.

2. David
He coveted Bathsheba, Uriah's wife and subsequently murdered Uriah. Although he regretted and repented from his sins but what prophet Nathan said about him came true(2 Sam 12:10-14)
-Murder became a constant threat in David's family (2 Sam 13:16-30; 18:14-15; 1Kings 2:23-25)
- Rebellion was in his household (2 Sam 15:13)
- His wives were given to another public view(2 Sam 16:20-23)
-His first child with Bathsheba died
-The sword never departed from his family till today.

3. Solomon
He violated God's Law by marrying 700 wives and 300 concubines (1Kings 11:3)
Solomon's concubines drew him to idolatry and idols of the foreign lands (sacrificing a child to worship Molech of Ammonites). As a result, God took the kingdom from him and gave his servant (1 Kings 11:11)

How To Ensure God's Reign and Peace in Our Homes.
1. Avoid extra-marital affairs. Don't ever go into the sin of sex outside your marriage.
2. Pray always that God should give you grace not only to start well but also to end well with Him.
3. Focus on your spouse and be faithful to him or her.
4. Allow God to be in control of your life and family.
5. Don't expose your children to curses by having extra marital affairs.

Prayers
1. Strongholds of sexual immorality in my life, collapse and rise no more, in the name of Jesus.
2. Lord, crucify the old nature in my life to Your Cross, in the name of Jesus.
3. Sexual immorality shall not have dominion over my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. Strange personalities shall not have dominion in my marriage, in the name of Jesus.

Jesus is the Son of God. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Jesus is coming soon. Repent and confess your sins. Accept Him today as your Lord and Saviour for tomorrow may be too late.

God bless you in the mighty name of Jesus, amen.

Peace!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Living In The Holy Spirit Power And His Word / My Doubts Can Lead To Deeper Trust And Firmer Faith In The Lord / Building Confidence For Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.