Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! (753 Views)

Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins / Lagos Bus Drivers Use Cocaine - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by kanmiolas: 12:10am On Apr 07, 2011
Today while I was commuting in a Lagos Island bound vehicle,I saw about 5 danfo buses with CPC posters,they actually parked around Adeniji-Olowu bus stop(if you were in transit on 3rd mainland bridge around 11am today,you will observe what I am reporting) probably waiting for others,the posters bore one candidate with an alias 'BOXER' contesting for House of Reps.The way the BB buses parked coupled with buses stopping for passengers disembarking at the Bus stops I suppose,caused a mild traffic and allowed commuters to stare at the buses and political conversations soon ensued in the long crosscountry-kind of buses I was commuting in.The conversation started with
'Are they a political party?'
'which kind new party is just starting campaign now for Godsake?"
"This must be Pastor Chris Okotie party!"
'These ones are just wasting their vote,we are voting for that 'policeman'(Ribadu) not obasanjo's goodluck'

I listened in rapt attention and the 'war' raging on nairaland came to my mind-Nobody in the bus mentioned Buhari yet people on nairaland continue to 'forcefully' promote Buhari.
I compared that with my experience in my polling ward on last saturday where no single voter 'voted' Buhari' and I concluded that Buhari is not popular at all in Lagos.
Sadly,if you consider the way ribadu and gej rigorously campaigned in Lagos and just few days to election,most lagosians dont know Buhari's party,the man will perform very dismally on April 16.
I have a feeling this is how it is in most southern states.

I will vote Ribadu because I am sure RIBADU has the passion,education and integrity to rule Nigeria better than ANY OF THE OTHER CANDIDATES
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by seal777(m): 12:27am On Apr 07, 2011
I was at the rally, Buhari was in lagos strictly for voters sensisation cos he is nt new to Lagosians.
Keep deceiving urself, wit tinubus impositions in lagos, ACN is on d verge of looing fashola to Labour Party.

Come see real support, real convinction and real change in the making.
CPC, ,CHANGE.
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:52am On Apr 07, 2011
RALLY INSIDE CITY HALL
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by kanmiolas: 12:58am On Apr 07, 2011
in one breath,he is on voter sensitization,in another,you were at his rally?

abeg,stop deceiving people,the people in the bus are real lagosians oh,not rented abokis!

acn losing?to who?

abeg,you beta take my observation serious if you are a serious politician.
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Odunnu: 6:13am On Apr 07, 2011
Lol @ vote for that policeman.
Same way that lying tongued pastor now Buhari's running mate described his rotten boss as 'that tall one'.
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by efisher(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2011
Most Lagosians do not even like Bakare! Bakare is more of a minus to CPC than a plus. He will be one of the biggest losers after the election. Buhari would have succeeded in destroying the little reputation he built after the Save Nigeria Group effort. Smh
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2011
So this is the Pro-Ribadu campaign strategy? Upon the millions of heads in Buhari's rally, you still want to claim that Buhari is unknown?

This campaign strategy is def below my expectation from you guys. Give it another try jor.

Fayemi should have ran for president. I'm highly disappointed in this year's figure heads
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by recoome(m): 7:35am On Apr 07, 2011
@ poster, my points exactly, i stay in alimosho(most populated in lagos) nobody knows buhari, but if u tell them(bb supporters), even the ones that are not in lagos will pounce on u!
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So this is the Pro-Ribadu campaign strategy? Upon the millions of heads in Buhari's rally, you still want to claim that Buhari is unknown?

This campaign strategy is def below my expectation from you guys. Give it another try jor.

Fayemi should have ran for president. I'm highly disappointed in this year's figure heads

Millions of Sands,flies and Hair on peoples head you mean?
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by freezy(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'll suggest you rephrase that. . .
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Eziachi: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2011
@poster,
I won't be disputing your acclaimed bus eye witness account but to exert that a former head of state who came second twice in the last two elections is unknown to LAGOSIANS is not only strange but melancholic.
If said they have no idea whom the local pcp candidate is, that very understandable or they they do not wish to vote for Buhari as a candidate that is well understood too, but to claim that a Nigerian, especially an adult in Lagos knew a police as you carjoled it but knew not a former head of state is just pathetic to say the least.
Give our people some credit and I am sure those folks very well knew the candidates even in the Ivorian recent election.
I hate politics and its partisanship does to people sense of justice and rational.
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Eziachi: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

RALLY INSIDE CITY HALL

Last complaint from people of your leaning is that the guy care less about south or Lagos and now he is in the south and Lagos, the ants in your pants is the venue and in the north where the venue is much bigger, the moan is that the crowd are in religious utopia.
grin grin grin grin grin
I am glad am not one of you Nigerians.
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 07, 2011
kanmiolas:

Today while I was commuting in a Lagos Island bound vehicle,I saw about 5 danfo buses with CPC posters,they actually parked around Adeniji-Olowu bus stop(if you were in transit on 3rd mainland bridge around 11am today,you will observe what I am reporting) probably waiting for others,the posters bore one candidate with an alias 'BOXER' contesting for House of Reps.The way the BB buses parked coupled with buses stopping for passengers disembarking at the Bus stops I suppose,caused a mild traffic and allowed commuters to stare at the buses and political conversations soon ensued in the long crosscountry-kind of buses I was commuting in.The conversation started with
'Are they a political party?'
'which kind new party is just starting campaign now for Godsake?"
"This must be Pastor Chris Okotie party!"
'These ones are just wasting their vote,we are voting for that 'policeman'(Ribadu) not obasanjo's goodluck'

I listened in rapt attention and the 'war' raging on nairaland came to my mind-Nobody in the bus mentioned Buhari yet people on nairaland continue to 'forcefully' promote Buhari.
I compared that with my experience in my polling ward on last saturday where no single voter 'voted' Buhari' and I concluded that Buhari is not popular at all in Lagos.
Sadly,if you consider the way ribadu and gej rigorously campaigned in Lagos and just few days to election,most lagosians dont know Buhari's party,the man will perform very dismally on April 16.hood as their is barely any civilization or business opportunity there. So it isnt a surprised why you "lagos illiterates" know nothing about Buhari.

Ribadu for President I laugh! he wont even win Lagos Island not to talk of the entire Lagos state,

Happy Dreaming sha!
I have a feeling this is how it is in most southern states.

I will vote Ribadu because I am sure RIBADU has the passion,education and integrity to rule Nigeria better than ANY OF THE OTHER CANDIDATES

You also forgot to mention that you and your fellow bus commuters are from the extremely outskirt of surulere where they have yet planned of extended the dividends of democracy which include power supply and even the newspaper vendors will never ever waste their transport money in your neibour
Re: My Experience In A Lagos Bus!lagosians Dont Know Bb! by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2011
talknafree:

You also forgot to mention that you and your fellow bus commuters are from the extreme outskirt of Lagos where they havent yet planned of extending the dividends of democracy which includes power supply, road construction and even the newspaper vendors will never ever waste their transport money in your neibourhood because it will be bad business for them as majority of the people their can hadly read.

Ribadu win in Lagos what a big joke! he cant even win Lagos island not to talk of winning lagos state.

Well no crime in dreaming. Happy Dreaming!!!

(1) (Reply)

Dont Fold Your Ballot Paper Immediately After Thumb Printing / Presidential Election Results / Low Turn Out in SW: Yorubas stayed away because no Yoruba was contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.