Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. (377 Views)

Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest / 24 Hours Electricity In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 10, 2021
For some time now i have been having this thought about electricity in Nigeria.
Nigeria have a population of about 250 million and china have a population of about 1.4 billion people.
India have a population of about 1.3 billion people.

So i have been wondering why China a country with 1.4 billion population and India a country with 1.3 billion population have been able to give at least 90% of their population a 24 hours electricity all year round and Nigeria a country with over 250 million population have not been able to give 20% of her population a 24 hours electricity all year round.

There is no city in Nigeria that can boast of a 24 hours uninterrupted power supply for a year since 1960.

Yes there are rural areas in some parts of china and india that don't have 24 hours electricity but as you may have known thier government are doing all they can to rectify that problem but In Nigeria, 'our lagos, our Abuja and all the cities we use to brag and contest with other africa countries do not have 24 hours electricity.

Even almighty banana island and maitama cannot boast of 24 hours uninterrupted power supply for a whole year

So i am asking my fellow Nigerians.
What is the matter?
What exactly is wrong?
What is china and India doing that we are not doing?

Please we need answers.
Cc mynd44 lalasticlala dominique

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by Omihanifa: 8:18am On Feb 10, 2021
I agree with what you have said o, but there are some places in Nigeria that you will get almost 24 hours of electricity all year round.

A good example is WUYE and KATAMPE EXTENSION in Abuja. sometimes you will need to either off your fridge or reduce the coldness.

Even places like omoku and bonny island too enjoys constant electricity thanks to shell and Agip
Re: Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 10, 2021
Omihanifa:
I agree with what you have said o, but there are some places in Nigeria that you will get almost 24 hours of electricity all year round.

A good example is WUYE and KATAMPE EXTENSION in Abuja. sometimes you will need to either off your fridge or reduce the coldness.

Even places like omoku and bonny island too enjoys constant electricity thanks to shell and Agip
I know about bonny island but i am talking about the big cities.

by the order of ishawuru.
Re: Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by CodeTemplar: 9:46am On Feb 10, 2021
Hmmm . . . God knows best.
Re: Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:50am On Feb 10, 2021
Just stop these 'buts'
He mentioned states not estates,
It's not everything you defend or try and rationalize,

Omihanifa:

1 Like

Re: Lack Of 24 Hours Electricity In Nigeria Compare To China And India. by 3gpvids: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2021
We na 24hrs a month light we try dey see self

we no try

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are Not Cursed Igbo Man Blasts Nnamdi Kanu - VIDEO / Kidnappers Release Video Of Travellers Abducted In Niger State. / BREAKING News: Plane Crashes In Abuja - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.