Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,281 members, 7,864,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo (623 Views)

Osinbajo Wins Polling Unit, Egunrege Ikenne, For Tinubu / VP Osinbajo Arrives Ikenne, Ogun State Ahead Of Elections / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2021
There's a lot that is being said about Osinbajo, yes, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Many including myself were wondering why the people of Ikenne came out en masse to receive him and sing his praise as he arrived for the APC revalidation exercise.

Puzzled by the rave review the VP was receiving in Ikenne, I asked a few friends of mine why they are celebrating a man who has not done anything for Ikenne.

Here's the reply, I got.

Osinbajo is not your regular politician and he does not do things for the cameras. What he puts up on social media is for history, transparency, accountability and not for showmanship.

As far as I know, his achievements in Ikenne include:

(i) The upgrading of Ikenne Town Hall (now Alakenne's Palace).

(ii) The modernisation of the Ikenne Market

(iii) The construction of drainages from the Obafemi Awolow Primary School towards Ikenne.

(iv) The construction of drainages being prepared along Obafemi Awolowo Avenue

(v)Through the VP, the construction of a mini bridge/ culvert at Lekoro on the way to Aiyepe after Late Idowu Sofola's house was done.

(vi) Donation and energization of 500 KVA transformer on Awolowo Avenue.

(vii) The construction of senior secondary and junior secondary classrooms in Mayflower.

(viii) Provision of palliatives to citizens in the local government during the lockdown.

(ix). Provision of solar street lights in the town

(x) Construction a block of classroom, administrative office, toilet and borehole in Ikenne Community High School.

(xi) Provision of borehole with storage tanks and generator to Ita oyila Community.

A couple of other projects that would rather be kept private.

Thank you.

For a doubting Thomas like me, I was perplexed.

1 Share

Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Gandollaar(f): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2021
They have renewed op's contract.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by helinues: 11:13am On Feb 10, 2021
Able VP, God is your strength
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 10, 2021
Gandollaar:
I heard Atiku is broke while bmc are collecting 60k minimum wage. Better switch before hunger wire you

1 Like

Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Jollylolly(f): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2021
Gandollaar:

But yor atiku is broke nau..Even Nnamdi Kalu, your boss dey feel the impact.... Na 1. 0. 1 e dey practice oversee now

Hunger na bastard
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Jollylolly(f): 11:33am On Feb 10, 2021
So Osinbajo did this..... This is surprising... What other politicians will slap in our faces and call them achievements in the hope of voting for them again
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by helinues: 11:37am On Feb 10, 2021
Gandollaar:

Haters will always hate...

Hatred is ingrained in their DNA
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Gandollaar(f): 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
helinues:

Even if I hate everyone in the whole world, you know my love for you is unbreakable, better than what Afamed is offering you right now grin grin

My love is juicy and soft. grin
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Gandollaar(f): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
SuperBold:
I heard Atiku is broke while bmc are collecting 60k minimum wage. Better switch before hunger wire you

Jollylolly:

But yor atiku is broke nau..Even Nnamdi Kalu, your boss dey feel the impact.... Na 1. 0. 1 e dey practice oversee now

Hunger na bastard

Sharaaap!

Alapatinrin!!

1 Like

Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by johnmartus(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
A lot of programs was initiated by vice president but that bastard canceled most of them.
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by BigSarah(f): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
So he has established OMC.... Osinbanjo is buhari carbon copy
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Asgard13: 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
johnmartus:
A lot of programs was initiated by vice president but that bastard canceled most of them.

Yes!
Because Osibanjo tribalistic and nepotistic nAture is an open secret

Yet his people keep blaming and accusing Buhari of same ..

Shame on the tribalist. .. claiming prof and forming pastor.
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by Asgard13: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
BigSarah:
So he has established OMC.... Osinbanjo is buhari carbon copy

Worst than the President

He’s a typical yoruba man.. konk one.
Re: Why Ikenne Stood Still For Osinbajo by pquaver(m): 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
helinues:

Tell them to name project in igbo land carried out by abaribe, Nnamdi Kanu and the rest the adore.. And u will see why igbo land is the real zombieland..

(1) (Reply)

My Igbo Brothers Listen / Ganduje Names N9bn Kano 3-level Interchange Road After Buhari / 40 Students Sponsored By Kayode Badru Graduates From Aciatech School Of Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.