Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building (38904 Views)

Qatar Begins Construction Of 500,000 Housing Units For Less Privileged In Kaduna / Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by bigdammyj: 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Noted
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by BleedingPen: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
Hmm
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Sijo01(f): 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
4ckyou:
Very good, time they renovate that hall and make it world class

Nor mind them. They've turned it to money making ventures yet they cannot maintain it.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Sijo01(f): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
emeijeh:

Will you keep kwayet!!!!!

You well so angry
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Built during the reign of Ozolua...

That means the building was first built some time around the early 1480s and early 1510s?
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
500 hundered years na news?
Come to Katsina and see 2500 years building.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by elmessiahs(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
it's nature... observed that obaseki is acting strange lately
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by OlawaleBammie: 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I can see that even nature is angry with Nigeria. Birds didn't fly on armed forces remembrance day, now rain is destroying historical properties. I see Nigeria breaking into several parts, I see our unity dissolving soon. This I have seen

Iwo maa ririkuri nibe soogbo??

Continue ririkurying

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by itu404(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
When reporting about any disaster, destruction or demolition pictures speaks more than the entire write up. You do not have to be a journalist to know that. Next news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by evanstinobbc: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
All is well, buildings can be rebuilt.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by YorubaPrince: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
CHOPbeating:
"May be the gods are angry that the people are not taking much action against recent bloodshed and kidnappings in the geographical entity"

Those gods no get sense be dat ooo. Not every god go det common sense afterall. grin
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by tradebot: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Pls stop posting this nonsense, how did it get to the front page? News without pics?

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Rugaria: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
Rebuild it naah.., based on the original designs. That's what others do. Was visiting the 'great wall' sometime in the past and noticed that many Chinese workers were very busy adding blocks here and there and I was flabbergasted! Asked my Chinese friend what was going on, since this is suppose to be an ancient structure from hundreds of years back. She just told me with a funny smile that most times the structures would have been destroyed with time and what they do is to simply rebuild it based on the original designs! That's, block the public from there, renovate, then reopen... I said okooo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Poor maintenance obviously. This country self.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Rugaria:
Rebuild it naah.., based on the original designs. That's what others do. Was visiting the 'great wall' sometime in the past and noticed that many Chinese workers were very busy adding blocks here and there and I was flabbergasted! Asked my Chinese friend what was going on, since this is suppose to be an ancient structure from hundreds of years back. She just told me with a funny smile that most times the structures would have been destroyed with time and what they do is to simply rebuild it based on the original designs! That's, block the public from there, renovate, then reopen... I said okooo..

This is Nigeria, they'll complain that the building is too old.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by osejie17(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
wey picture
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by SeriouslySense(m): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy Please
i would
like to
see this ancient
building,

Pictures
would
have
been
Great.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
snoopanddre:
Nothing on earth lasts forever
we are in same page by quote
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by mrdharkchild(m): 4:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
Amotolongbo:
So if the gods are angry, Na to dey destroy old buildings?

New and lovely architectural designed buildings are there to show their angers o
U 1 chopBEATING?
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by brownbib(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Where the ruins na. Abi na audio house?
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Onuoha1234(m): 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
We have sense of history. The historic building will be left until it finally crumbles.
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by victorazy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
Amotolongbo:

New and lovely architectural designed buildings are there to show their angers o

grin Maybe African gods reason like Africans grin

To the left to the left
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Dollanaira: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Really
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2021
inoki247:

The gods are angry dem no fit go Government house abi dem no know the road to Govt house.....

U no no say the gods too dey fear Aso Rock?
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
YorubaPrince:

Those gods no get sense be dat ooo. Not every god go det common sense afterall. grin

How can the ancestral gods keep mute in modern day Naijiriya when foreign gods and religion have taken over their people's brain?

China gods till date continue to enable the flow of inspiration to creating technologies and development because they are well appeased and cherished

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
inoki247:

The gods are angry dem no fit go Government house abi dem no know the road to Govt house.....

Be guided that the people are the government.

Nigeria's sins are regarded as Nigerians' sins.

After all, there are evidences that people voted all Nigeria's so-called democratic governments into power.

It is called "The People's Mandate."

...hence, hitting an old heritage should be a sign of grave warning!!!

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
hopexter:

So if the gods are angry, why destroy their former house on earth grin

Because the house has been infiltrated with innocents' blood and tears!!!

The gods can no longer occupy such places!
So, it is of no value!!
It_is_a_great_warning!!!

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by hopexter(m): 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
CHOPbeating:

Because the house has been infiltrated with innocents' blood and tears!!!

The gods can no longer occupy such places!
So, it is of no value!!
I t i s a g r e a t w a r n i n g!!!

Then the gods must be crazy undecided
Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
Amotolongbo:

When misery is to hit the land, it begins from notable ones and extend to others because it was their abode.
In ancient times, when a tragedy hits notable monument they know it is a message of "red signal". It shows that evil has been tolerated in the land.
Both the leadership and the people do take such so serious; it becomes the talk of the period.

Nevertheless, they knew that successive Nigerian generations have no value for the creative art-works of their ancestors.

..that is why in the past, many sold their children, artifacts, and other valuable minerals and terracotta for exchange of a glass mirror.

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
hopexter:

Then the gods must be crazy undecided

Very crazy in our physical eyes...

Re: Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building by digitalwork: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. RajaQQ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adron Homes And Properties Staff Celebrated Nigeria At 60 In Style (Photos) / Suleja Flood! Many Lives And Properties Lost. Residents Seen Relocating (Photos) / BUY YOUR LAND IN ILORIN, KWARA STATE IN A NICE & SUITABLE LOCATION...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.