Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta (9362 Views)

FAKE NEWS ALERT: Herders Didn’t Attack Soyinka, Says Son / Delta Government Gives Out Cheques To Victims Of Uwheru Herdsmen Attack / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ugwan In Kajuru, Kaduna, Kill Many (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Islie: 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
By Kazeem Ugbodaga

Suspected Fulani herdsmen on Wednesday attacked the home of Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Southwest Nigeria.

The herdsmen reportedly arrived Soyinka’s home at Ijegba Forest, Abeokuta early in the morning, but the intervention of the police saved the day.

It was gathered that the police were quickly called and they arrived Soyinka’s home to prevent any attack on him.

Soyinka is said to have moved to Lagos following attack on his home.

When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ogun Police Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi said he could not speak on the matter as he and others were on their way to Soyinka’s house.

He said he would speak later after visiting the place to see things for himself.

However, unconfirmed source said some herdsmen have been arrested in connection with the attack.

The attack is coming few days after Soyinka told President Muhammadu Buhari to speak out urgently, to stop the herdsmen crisis before it snowballed into a civil war.

In an interview with BBC Pidgin, Soyinka had said the herdsmen crisis is already a war now “right on our door steps”.

He said it is expectedly triggering some kind of mobilisation and stressed the urgent need for resolution.

“If we continue to wait for the resolution to be centrally handled, we are all going to become, if not already, slaves in our land”, he said.

He said the situation is simply intolerable and unacceptable.

He said he has made Governor Dapo Abiodun to understand what was going on.

“We are here not just to live, but live in dignity. Right now our dignity is being rubbished”, he said.

Soyinka who lives in Abeokuta inside a forest said his own space has been violated by the herdsmen.

“My forest has been taken over. It’s been shrinking, shrinking. My normal hunting rounds have been shrinking, shrinking”.

He said he has been warned by his family not to venture into the forest again for any game hunting.

Soyinka said Buhari’s silence amid the atrocities committed by the herdsmen, meant he is complicit to their crimes.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/02/10/breaking-fulani-herdsmen-attack-soyinkas-home-in-abeokuta/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Nwodosis(m): 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
The West never expected this from the Fulanis

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by yorubarere: 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
These people sha want war.

15 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Bankowner: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
Dr Olaokun Soyinka speaks:
Prof Wole is in Lagos and his son punctured the story as false:
“This is not true, please donot circulate further and help to debunk it. It is an attempt to encourage discord. Although some cows were spotted, neither Prof or his house was attacked by anyone. I have confirmed this today (Wedn 10th) directly myself from him. Kindly do not fall for this attempt, whatever the motive, to further inflame this problematic situation.

Dr Olaokun Soyinka.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Bankowner: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
Fake News

Please send this information back down the chain and also if you know this Koiki Media who took the videos. Spreading such disinformation is dangerous.

To repeat, I have confirmed that while cows did stray onto his land yesterday, there has been no attack, no violence and no attempt to enter the house.

Kindly debunk this information where you can.

We do not need confusion added to the already tense situation in the country.

(Dr Olaokun Soyinka, Weds Feb 10).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
If this is true, then I would say that Yorubas really need to sit up before things goes out of hand.

To me, this has become madness.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by ERockson: 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
we are under Fulani attack in the SW and it's very unfortunate our political leaders are afraid to speak up for political reasons

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Racoon(m): 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
By voting in buhari, a 72-year-old Muslim, who has described himself as a “converted democrat" Nigerians have shown an ability to look past his earlier misdeeds, soyinka said.
https://thenationonlineng.net/soyinka-nigerians-must-forgive-buharis-past-2/

Wole Soyinka dusted this tyrannt & asked people to vote him to power but imagine all these never ending atrocities of these brutes from Futa Jallon Plateau? The SW brought this problem upon itself.You courted, romances and defended the atrocities of these wicked brutes because of political considerations and benefits

Now, the truth side is being revealed-see the kind of havoc they're wrecking across the land.You rejoiced that a Buhari that was part of those who destroyed June-12 revalidate it, but see his body language towards his murderous brothers.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by yanabasee1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
The very man that helped Buhari into power.....

Whatever you sow, so shall you reap...

We can't be suffering this attacks alone...the elites should have a piece of it too....

God bless Fulanis
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by NwaNimo1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
Damn.....

[img]https://media./images/61456c75bda3cd6bde6db83a8bf9e148/tenor.gif[/img]

...do they not like his books?

10 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Brendaniel: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
When I see some Yorubas arguing with me here on Nairaland that the best approach for fulani herdsmen is not force, I just keep laughing in my mind, one thing they should learn is you cannot use diplomacy for a lion in the jungle to stop if from attacking you, you only use force, that's the same way these guys are, besides they have federal backing, that now makes it worse, there is a lot I want to say but I will just keep my words for now...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
This is total madness.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by YorubaPrince: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by helinues: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
undecided

All crimes in Nigeria are now attributed to Fulani herdsmen?

Cows are now grazing on properies

Before you quote me, just know that I am still in the process of learning how to give a spoon.. Not yet in the category of giving a fork
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Elzakzaky: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
Buhari deserves some praise for the timely intervention of the Officers and men of the Nigerian police force.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by geendi(f): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
herdsmen herdsmen everywhere at 21st century.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by emeejinsm: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
the evil the installed will get to them one by one

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Bankowner:
Dr Olaokun Soyinka speaks:
Prof Wole is in Lagos and his son punctured the story as false:
“This is not true, please donot circulate further and help to debunk it. It is an attempt to encourage discord. Although some cows were spotted, neither Prof or his house was attacked by anyone. I have confirmed this today (Wedn 10th) directly myself from him. Kindly do not fall for this attempt, whatever the motive, to further inflame this problematic situation.

Dr Olaokun Soyinka.

Without sauce, this your food no sweet.

At least, the OP put sauce in his own.

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by naptu2: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Fake news which has been debunked by his son

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Waffarianman(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Sai babas how market�
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by naijapips04: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Fake news. They only came to greet him. It's a family affair.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by denvers: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
front page at last, first commenter: am getting there...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Hehehehehehe!!!
We told them even before 2015 but they said they preferred a dead vegetable as president! cheesy
Una must get sense by force

Scroll up, on this thread and see a typical example of a condemned soul
Hellanus the 5k BMC commenter

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by udoakwa(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
I feel no single pity for anyone that helped this disaster of a president into power, they were warned yet they called those who read history about that failed man in Aso Rock wailers
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by flourish01(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
shocked
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Amuluonyenaego: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
it's getting out of hand oo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Nonybb: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
It is a good development. Let them stop criticizing the restoration of BIAFRA.

"When you support evil, evil would come to you"

-Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by lilyheaven: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
Has it gotten to this, after all the love Yoruba’s showed you guys.
Thank God he was saved
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by halfcurrent(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
This is fake story

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta by Patrioticman007(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Some people are hell bent on instigating violence in Nigeria. These agent provocateur are fueling flames of ethnic cleansing. We will not allow another Hutu vs Tutsi genocide in our life time.

(1) (2)

Gani Adams Warns Boko Haram To Stay Away From Yoruba Land / Top 50 Lies Of Lai Mohammed (study Report) / Don't Carry Drugs To The Holy Land, Dabiri Warns Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.