Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? (308 Views)

Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / Out Of Job? Yet To Land Your First Job? Working Yet Want To Switch Jobs? Read / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by nwababy440(f): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2021
Please guys I am in a dilemma here. I got a job in Kuwait through an online recruitment agency, now I mingled with people and discovered I can earn more working for another company and I want to switch. The problem now is that the company that gave me the job offer to enable me enter on a work visa are threatening to have me deported with the excuse that I deceived them, never intended to work for them and I just used them to get to Kuwait.

I messaged the recruitment agency but they said their job ends with them getting me a job and I should sort my issues out with my employer. Now I can't help but get worried.

Can I actually be sent back home or are they just bluffing?
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by ShenTeh(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2021
nwababy440:
Please guys I am in a dilemma here. I got a job in Kuwait through an online recruitment agency, now I mingled with people and discovered I can earn more working for another company and I want to switch. The problem now is that the company that gave me the job offer to enable me enter on a work visa are threatening to have me deported with the excuse that I deceived them, never intended to work for them and I just used them to get to Kuwait.

I messaged the recruitment agency but they said their job ends with them getting me a job and I should sort my issues out with my employer. Now I can't help but get worried.

Can I actually be sent back home or are they just bluffing?

I don't know.

But why can't people stay with an agreement?!

The company went through thick and thin to get you to their country and now you plan to out them in the cold. Defer your luxury. Long term is better than the now.

You can gamble with your visa after all you don't value Contacts. Don't get your sorry ass deported due to greed.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by Perfectsouth(m): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2021
YOU self dey greedy, atleast work with them for some months before thinking of switching jobs

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by nwababy440(f): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2021
ShenTeh:

I don't know.

But why can't people stay with an agreement?!

The company went through thick and thin to get you to their country and now you plan to out them in the cold. Defer your luxury. Long term is better than the now.

You can gamble with your visa after all you don't value Contacts. Don't get your sorry ass deported due to greed.

They actually didn't do much in my opinion, infact they even made me pay for things like my accommodation, insurance and other small stuffs before I even arrived. So if I failed the in person interview I will have just been sent back anyway. I am the one who took all the risks beforehand, so I don't see the problem now if I found something better.
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by nwababy440(f): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Perfectsouth:
YOU self dey greedy, atleast work with them for some months before thinking of switching jobs
The new offer won't be open forever.
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by ShenTeh(m): 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
nwababy440:

They actually didn't do much in my opinion, infact they even made me pay for things like my accommodation, insurance and other small stuffs before I even arrived. So if I failed the in person interview I will have just been sent back anyway. I am the one who took all the risks beforehand, so I don't see the problem now if I found something better.

A contract is a contract.

Did they hide the bolded from you

Respect your contract
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by Perfectsouth(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
SO you prefer deportation?
nwababy440:
The new offer won't be open forever.

(1) (Reply)

Our Online Company Needs Worker,get Paid 5k Weekly / An SME Is Looking For Warehouse Assistant / Vacancy For Banking Operations Support Staff (3 Entry Level Roles–ond Holders On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.