Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? (996 Views)

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by nwababy440(f): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2021
I posted this earlier in the jobs section but will also do so here, as there might be people with experience here.

Please guys I am in a dilemma here. I got a job in Kuwait through an online recruitment agency, now I mingled with people and discovered I can earn more working for another company and I want to switch. The problem now is that the company that gave me the job offer to enable me enter on a work visa are threatening to have me deported with the excuse that I deceived them, never intended to work for them and I just used them to get to Kuwait.

I messaged the recruitment agency but they said their job ends with them getting me a job and I should sort my issues out with my employer. Now I can't help but get worried.

Can I actually be sent back home or are they just bluffing?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by thorpido(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
No, they're not bluffing.Your visa came with the company that recruited you.You have to run the terms of employment duration first before you can switch jobs.
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by akoredebaba1: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
pls how did u go abt d job site n cld u pls share to us d site for others to benefit too
nwababy440:
I posted this earlier in the jobs section but will also do so here, as there might be people with experience here.

Please guys I am in a dilemma here. I got a job in Kuwait through an online recruitment agency, now I mingled with people and discovered I can earn more working for another company and I want to switch. The problem now is that the company that gave me the job offer to enable me enter on a work visa are threatening to have me deported with the excuse that I deceived them, never intended to work for them and I just used them to get to Kuwait.

I messaged the recruitment agency but they said their job ends with them getting me a job and I should sort my issues out with my employer. Now I can't help but get worried.

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by Karleb(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oga fulfill your other end of the bargain oh!

How are you different from Nigeria girls that get wayward when they land for Yankee!?

9 Likes

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by nwababy440(f): 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
akoredebaba1:
pls how did u go abt d job site n cld u pls share to us d site for others to benefit too
Dropping links may get one banned I think
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by int0x80(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nigerians will never learn, always trying to beat the system. If care is taken, you are headed back to Nigeria soon. And you will end up spoiling the opportunity for others. I am sure they will never trust any Nigerian again #facepalm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 12, 2021
Nigerians will always be Nigerians. You better stay put

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by netsurfer01(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2021
Na wah for you o.

If you need the job badly, resign and come back to Nigeria then start afresh. You think say you get sense abi?

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by chukxie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
Your stay in Kuwait is tied to the company that hired you so stick with them for at least a year before you switch jobs else you risk being deported. Patience is the first key to survive obodo oyibo sampa!

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by motta(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
Kindly send the link of the job to

laugh4san88@gmail.com
Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by motta(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ok
nwababy440:

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by MufasaLion: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
nwababy440:

What you did was breach of contract. They can make you get deported. You should have respected the contract. Assuming your contract with them has finished it's a different case. This is among the reasons some Nigerians don't get sponsors or job abroad.

Kindly apologize to them and continue your job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? by MufasaLion: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
chukxie:
Your stay in Kuwait is tied to the company that hired you so stick with them for at least a year before you switch jobs else you risk being deported. Patience is the first key to survive obodo oyibo sampa!

It can be more than a year. Once you get a job you should stick with the number of years stated in it before looking elsewhere. I hope our people get to understand the implications of some bad actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Friend Is Tested Positive For COVID 19 PCR Few Hour To His Departure / Traveling By Air For The First Time? / Got Invited To The US By My Girlfriend But Don't Know The Next Step To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.