Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters (1548 Views)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / Underage Voters In Bayelsa Election (pics) / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Pataki: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2011
Oyb. . . . . you beat me to that question!
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

The state has a PDP governor, who they may probably return but will never vote for GEJ.
Have you read Lawal Kaita's interview? Have you forgotten so easily the reason why Buhari is rocking the north? It is because of the zoning problem in PDP. Katsina state in particular has great grudge against  GEJ and pro-Buhari from head to toe. You think the almajris will be voting for GEJ? Think again!

When it comes to politics, it is religion in the North when a northern interest is involved. You think if Sherma was to be behind the act, Buhari would have kept quiet? Thoink again.

Good one Agba,at least i have ur attention. now comment on my other notes. u have been dodging it for sometime now.

Demdem:

because he is yet to speak against it does not mean he isnt against it and definately he is against it. However, what has GEJ whose watch these underaged voters registered said so far about it? Nothing. so what is the basis of this thread?
It further proves the incompetency of this goverment that promised us through INEC a very good and dependable voters registers. GEJ simply cant get anything right. thats a fact.
The OP is basically telling us that GMB organised and lined up minors to be registered in the northern states under GEJ supervision and got away with it. Wat a folly.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Sunofgod(m): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2011
I'm sure Yerima's underage wife will cast her vote - shocked
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by appletango: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Another failed thread by team GEJ.

You guys are getting so desperate. L0L!!
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by kasiem(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Underage voting = electoral malpractice. So, what is expected of saint buhari at this point is to start carrying out all verdict -that he pre-instructed his apostles- on this electoral saboteurs. Or is the law of lynching no longer feasible?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2011
Demdem,

If you can call me agaba, I will appreciate it.

Demdem:

because he is yet to speak against it does not mean he isnt against it and definately he is against it. However, what has GEJ whose watch these underaged voters registered said so far about it? Nothing. so what is the basis of this thread?
It further proves the incompetency of this goverment that promised us through INEC a very good and dependable voters registers. GEJ simply cant get anything right. thats a fact.
The OP is basically telling us that GMB organised and lined up minors to be registered in the northern states under GEJ supervision and got away with it. Wat a folly.
I actually did not see this however I have answer some of the questions there.
The highlighted statement confirms that he is supposed to have spoken and he has not.
About what GEJ would have done, refer to my reply to ekt_bear
agabaI23:

Thank you for that answer. At this point I will refer you to blinx4real's post.
Now what I am asking for from Buhari is to condemn what has been linked to his home town.
I did not ask him to arrest anybody. Read my post again.
You want GEJ to enforce the law against underage voting when an Independent NEC is there, in his opponents home state? You all will be up in arms. he is has disfranchised voters in his home state. he has empowered INEC and the police to work let them do the work.

Again I just asked that he opens his mouth to condemn it.

Topic says:  Buhari[b] Keeps mum[/b] On Underage Voters
I did not say Buhari has done nothing . . . .

We all know how the North goes behind who they have chosen religiously from the policeman to the almajris.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2011
WOW . . . why is Buhari at fault for INEC's allowing of underage voters? I don't get it . . . what moot point are these folks trying to make here??

Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . why is Buhari at fault for INEC's allowing of underage voters? I don't get it . . . what moot point are these folks trying to make here??
have you forgotten that Jega was imposed on Jonathan by CPC and US?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Pataki: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2011
aisha2:

have you forgotten that Jega was imposed on Jonathan by CPC and US?
Are you talking of the same Jega that Pastor Bakare said of in the NN24 debate that: ''we in CPC will not trust Jega until after the elections''? grin

God don dey send confusion into that PDP camp, even their supporters are more clueless than their President. cheesy
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Beaf: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2011
appletango:

Another failed thread by team GEJ.

You guys are getting so desperate. L0L!!

You actually sound pathetic! cry

The question you guys are avoiding is really simple. Where are Buhari's comments on the underage supporters (who form the bulk of his rally throngs) attempting to vote in his state state, in Daura, in his ward?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

Demdem,

If you can call me agaba, I will appreciate it.
I actually did not see this however I have answer some of the questions there.
The highlighted statement confirms that he is supposed to have spoken and he has not.
About what GEJ would have done, refer to my reply to ekt_bear We all know how the North goes behind who they have chosen religiously from the policeman to the almajris.

@Agaba123 grin grin grin

well, i see double standards in ur response and pointedly telling me that GEJ cant stand up to face the north. i doubt if he is a strong leader then.
the truth of the matter is this>>>>>>> Both GEJ and GMB hasnt come out to speak against it (Thats a fact)
Because either of them hasnt come out to speak against it doesnt mean that they are in support (Another fact)
Its INEC and security operatives under GEJ responsibility to prevent such from happening in the first instance and on that they failed (Another fact)

GEJ needed not to apply any law if what was expected from him in the first instance (during registration) was done. so please that opponent home state logic you are trying to put down our throat is not acceptable
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Beaf: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
^
GEJ has promised free and fair elections. He has done that by putting the instruments of state at INEC's disposal, while strictly maintaining INEC's independence. He has called several security meetings/meetings with Jega concerning the weaknesses exposed with the election cancellation. That is how to act responsibly, and he is covered.

Buhari on the other hand has gone around making childish statements about how the cancellation (in some mysterious way) exposed "rigging" plans by PDP.
Now that is all 100% speculation. So, what we find amiss, is how in all the noise he has not mentioned PROVEN rigging attempts he encountered with his own eyes, in child voters attempting to influence the ballot? Is is because those almajiri's were attempting to rig for him?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2011
Beaf:

You actually sound pathetic! cry

The question you guys are avoiding is really simple. Where are Buhari's comments on the underage supporters[b] (who form the bulk of his rally throngs) attempting to vote in his state state, in Daura, in his ward?[/b]

Wow beaf, i have been sensing some civility in your responses for sometime now except this. please calm down ooo. We are still brothers u know, Yes, Buhari is your fellow brother/Nigerian.

However it seems to me that you are exagerating this issue further. Do you mean to say the bulk of those registered to vote in Katsina and in particular Daura (buhari's ward) are underaged? is there any evidence to this fact? can you give me in percentages if any?
Underage voting has always been a national problem even before this elections but i agree is more prevalent in the northern part of this country
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2011
Demdem:

@Agaba123 grin grin grin

well, i see double standards in your response and pointedly telling me that GEJ cant stand up to face the north. i doubt if he is a strong leader then.
the truth of the matter is this>>>>>>> Both GEJ and GMB hasnt come out to speak against it (Thats a fact)
Because either of them hasnt come out to speak against it doesnt mean that they are in support (Another fact)
Its INEC and security operatives under GEJ responsibility to prevent such from happening in the first instance and on that they failed (Another fact)

GEJ needed not to apply any law if what was expected from him in the first instance (during registration) was done. so please that opponent home state logic you are trying to put down our throat is not acceptable
Bro no be so.  grin wink
More is expected from self acclaimed corruption fighter.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
Beaf:

^
GEJ has promised free and fair elections. He has done that by putting the instruments of state at INEC's disposal, while strictly maintaining INEC's independence. He has called several security meetings/meetings with Jega concerning the weaknesses exposed with the election cancellation. That is how to act responsibly, and he is covered.

Buhari on the other hand has gone around making childish statements about how the cancellation (in some mysterious way) exposed "rigging" plans by PDP.
Now that is all 100% speculation. So, what we find amiss, is how in all the noise he has not mentioned PROVEN rigging attempts he encountered with his own eyes, in child voters attempting to influence the ballot? Is is because those almajiri's were attempting to rig for him?

are you saying he placed on INEC's hand his responsibilities as the C-in-C of the federation? Do u mean to say that all security forces are under the control of INEC for this elections? what instruments do u mean here that will make underage registration impossible? The truth is Jega cant succeed without GEJ which invariably mean no free and fair election without the support of GEJ. Our president is so powerful unfortunately but that exactly is the reality. I am not convince that INEC is that independent as it is being portrayed. these and many others were part of what the Uwais committee was constituted for in the first instance but has been ignored by this goverment.

Not only Buhari said or is saying this, virtually all parties are exercising such fears because of last saturday's lapses which all saw including me myself.
Again, how are you sure that Buhari saw this underage in his own WARD? have asked you to give me reasons to believe such
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by kasiem(m): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
I have never seen ppl that prevaricates questions with abuses, like all this bb lynchers
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
'Also, underage voters will be arrested. I appeal to parents and community eaders not to allow their children to indulge in this illegal act'.-Jega
http://www.inecnigeria.org/an-address-by-the-chairman-of-inec-prof-a-m-jega-on-preparations-for-the-rescheduled-national-assembly-elections/
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ifyalways(f): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
^^Good for us all.

Thread and case closed now.

See y'all morrow,1 man,1 vote.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
Go and sit down
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Bawss1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
ifyalways:

^^Good for us all.

In some places it may be 1 man 1 vote, 1 woman 2 votes and 1 child 10 votes. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Beaf1: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
ifyalways:

^^Good for us all.

Abi ooo
Agba did you hear?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by humebuloe: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
One of the major constraints that he has is ethnic inclination,but when should our politicians stop manipulations?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by proudly9ja(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2011
As if it was Buhari who said 'One CHILD, one vote'
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
^ you can keep on nitpicking but it does change the fact that Your mr holier than thou has refused to condemn
Under age voting discovered in his home town

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekt Bear: Post Pictures how fashola spend $10 Billion(1.6 Trillion) in 4 years / Despite Emmergency, 4 Killed In Boko Haram Attacks In Jigawa, Borno,yobe / This Is WHY FUEL SUBSIDY MUST GO: "accountability" In Jonathan's Government!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.