Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,978 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka (383 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari, APC Governors Meet In Crucial Meeting / APC Crisis: Buhari Steps In, Raises Three-man Liaison Team / APC Crisis: Buhari Postpones Zamfara Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Shehuyinka: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
WOLE Soyinka, Nobel Laurette, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is not in charge of Nigeria, considering the response of his government to Fulani herders’ crisis.

Soyinka said this on Thursday when he virtually featured on Arise TV over the invasion of his property by cows and the state of the nation due to Fulani crisis.

“I have said this before and I wish to repeat this, Buhari does not appreciate the situation, he doesn’t understand. I see no evidence that he understands how grave the situation is and I have said again and again that I don’t believe he’s in charge,” Soyinka said.

He suggested that due to the grave situation of the herders’ crisis and low response from the government, there was something ‘critically’ wrong within the leadership of Nigeria.

“It’s not possible, in my view, that in a country that has a head of state, commander-in-chief of the armed forces that says he is presiding over a nation, and things get to this level. Something is critically wrong in and within the leadership of this nation,” he further said.

He urged the Nigerian government to make leaders, who had claimed responsibility to criminal offences at different times, take back their words, apologise to the nation and even carry out restitution.

Soyinka’s home invasion by cattle

Speaking on the controversy surrounding the invasion of his home in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, Soyinka said he thought the police needed to be educated.

According to the Nobel Laurette, the police needed to be educated on the meaning of invasion of someone’s home.

“When people talk about the invasion of home, they are not just talking about the physical building, they are talking about the home which includes the ground,” Soyinka said.

He refuted claims that cattle or herders attacked him, but insisted that his home was invaded.

“No cattle people attacked me, that is a fact, that never happened… But my home was invaded by cattle. Why should the police go to such length to suggest that I had nothing better to do than to go accosting cattle on the road,” Soyinka said.

He stated that it was after he and his groundsmen had driven the cows out of his property that he called the police to come to take over as against suggestions that the cows were never on his property.

“I led the cattle to the roadside and called the police to come and take over. Why should the police find it necessary to suggest that the cattle were never in my property,” he added.

Soyinka stated that he wanted the people to understand that what happened to him was typical of what was happening to millions of people in the country.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/fulani-crisis-buhari-is-not-in-charge-of-nigeria-soyinka/

Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
shocked

Soyinka helped in the enthronement of a failure, now, same Soyinka is telling us that the failure has failed.

Isn't it obvious undecided

1 Like

Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by IamWonderful: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
ok
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Henix(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
1st class citizens invaded Soyinka's home
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Jostoman: 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
You will never see AREWA, MUMURIC, PRESIDENCY, GARBA SHEHU, FEMI ADESINA, LAURETTA, ANONYMOUS GROUP issuing any statement now o but let OPC or AGBEKOYA come out now and say enough is enough that is when you will see all of them coming out to issue statement.
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Jostoman: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Soyinka helped in the enthronement of a failure, now, same Soyinka is telling us that the failure has failed.

Isn't it obvious undecided
abeg forget all this your rubbish talk and face the reality on ground.
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Jibril is
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by Vickym1(f): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
You are enjoying the taste of change and next level
Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by simi1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
Government is suppose to listen to the people when they complain but major issues affecting them

Re: Fulani Crisis: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Nigeria – Soyinka by kaludestiny10(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
I don't know why Nigerians like pampering with the truth. Why not just say it as it is. The man in aso rock is not Buhari, but an imposter.

(1) (Reply)

What's There In The Tribe Of The President? / Apapa Gridlock: Sanity Returns With Commencement Of Electronic Call-up / Jihadists Attack UN Base In Borno, Trapping 25 Aid Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.