Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,923 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow (358 Views)

Throwback Video Of Lateef Jakande On Queue To Cast His Vote In July 1979 / Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by Doraty1(f): 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
The burial of first civilian governor of the state, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, is slated for Friday.

One of his sons identified as Deji said Jakande would be buried at 4 pm on Friday.

In a statement, Jakande’s friends said there would be pre-burial prayers at the deceased residence at the Ilupeju area of Lagos State.

The statement was signed by a former Vice-Chancellor of Lagos State University, Prof. Abisogun Leigh, Kamal Giwa, Prince Bayo Oshiyemi, Alhaji Gani Owolabi Dada, Mrs. Omolara Abeke Vaugh, and Alhaja Latifat Gbajabiamila.

The statement read, “The committee of friends LKJ first civil Governor of Lagos State wishes to announce the passing of our dear leader the Baba Kekere of Lagos, Alhaji Chief Lateef Kayode Jakande, at the age of 91 years which sad incident happened on Thursday, February 11, 2021

“The burial arrangements are as follows – Pre-Burial prayers at number 2 Bishop Street Ilupeju, Lagos State on Friday 12, February 2021 at 9am.

“Interment at Volts and Gardens Ikoyi at 4 pm Friday 12, February 2021.”

Jakande, a former journalist was Lagos State Governor from 1979 to 1983, and later served as Minister of Works under the military government of Gen. Sani Abacha.

https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-burial-date-for-late-jakande-revealed/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by doggedfighter(f): 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
Why's he called Baba kekere?

Just curious
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by Gondonu: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Lateef Jakande! You truly left many legacies in Lagos
God rest your soul.
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by Beremx(f): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
Baba Kekere is an insult. He is Baba Nla, because he’s the best governor of Lagos.

I benefited from his prestigious Jakande Schools which provided free education in Lagos. My little stay in one of the schools ( before I moved to a private school) can never be erased from my memory.

Abi is it LSTC?

Rest well Baba Nla
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by delpee(f): 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
Why's he called Baba kekere?

Just curious

In deference to Pa Awolowo whose governance style he copied.
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by doggedfighter(f): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
delpee:

In deference to Pa Awolowo whose governance style he copied.
Thanks
Re: Lateef Jakande To Be Buried At 4pm tomorrow by bcomputer101: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
I beg, where's the venue for jollof rice?

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Chief Judge Jails Her Brother For Over 3 Years Over Family Issue (video) / Fg States Recommits To Swift Investigation, Arrest & Prosecution Of Crime Perp- / Who Can Answer This Question About Slain Fulani Kids In Anambra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.