Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria (1456 Views)

How To Make Huge Income From five Agriculture Businesses Without Having A Farm. / My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) / Minimum Capital To Startup A Small Scale Poultry Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
Are you thinking of starting up your own Agribusiness in Nigeria this year?
Do you want to setup a side farm hustle? Startup a lucrative farming hobby? Or build a Profitable Agribusiness Company that will generate millions and billions in annual revenue for you?
This List can guide you in choosing the right Agricultural Enterprise for you.
This list is a product of extensive research and over 15 years of experience as a Farmer and Consultant; planning, building and growing Agribusinesses in Nigeria.

This list is by no means exhaustive...

**PROI (Potential Return On Investment): This means, after breaking even (i.e. getting back all the money you invested in starting up), how much profits can the Agribusiness yield annually.

Without further ado, here are the Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses to Startup this year in Nigeria:

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
10. Maize Farming and Processing: Intercropping with Legumes (Soybeans, Cowpea, Melon, etc) [PROI: 100 – 200%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
9. Yam Farming and Processing [PROI: 200 – 300%]

1 Like

8. Poultry Production and Processing [PROI: 200 – 400%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
7. Oil palm Plantation and processing. [PROI: 300 – 400%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
6. Cassava Production and Processing [PROI: 300 – 500%]

1 Like

5. Piggery Farming and Processing [PROI: 400 – 600%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
4. Plantain Farming and Processing: (Flour, Chips, etc) [PROI: 400 – 600%]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
3. Fish Farming and Processing: [PROI: 400 – 700%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
2. Grape Farming and Processing: A lot of people don’t know that grape farming is possible in Nigeria. [PROI: 400 – 700%]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
1. Vegetable Farming and Processing [PROI: 600 – 1000% +]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
3 Factors that can significantly affect the profitability of your Agribusiness:

Management practices: Skill and experience of the manager, farming system and technology employed (mixed farming, irrigation, greenhouse, RAS, hydroponics), quality of inputs (seeds/seedlings, feeds/fertilizer, pesticides etc), and management efficiencies (minimizing wastages, turning waste to wealth).

Scale of production / Rate of turnover / Volume efficiency: Understanding your Farm Economics to produce at a scale that maximizes Production Efficiencies, and avoids Diminishing Returns.

Value addition: This factor is so important that it could impact your profits by over 200%. Add Value to your raw farm produce by processing into finished goods (eg Oven-dried Fish, Plantain Chips, Cassava Flour, Tomato Paste, grape juice, grilled Pork etc), and packaging into branded materials.

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
***To learn more on how to Startup these Profitable Agribusinesses, contact CHUKSDAVINCI SOLUTONS:

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
Would love to go into poultry farming full time.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by phantom24: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
JidennaJason:
that's the most risky and unpredictable business venture.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
phantom24:
Dear phantom24,

I love going into the "most risky and unpredictable business" I love challenges.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by phantom24: 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2021
JidennaJason:
Dear phantom24,

I love going into the "most risky and unpredictable business" I love challenges.

Thanks.
ok good luck, i hope u hav undergone a training cos Ordinary it looks simple?
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by yanabasee1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
Fish farming is my next target....

Will love to have artificial pond and I know it's very expensive...but the catfish there will be of good size compare to what we have in market these days...

And secondly, I will use it to screw lots of babes that love eating fish pepper soup....
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Blezene1105(m): 1:38am On Feb 12, 2021
yanabasee1:

Will love to have artificial pond and I know it's very expensive...but the catfish there will be of good size compare to what we have in market these days...

And secondly, I will use it to screw lots of babes that love eating fish pepper soup....

� get started then,
Firstly; you push yourself well into the market by offering what's uncommon.
Secondly; it might screw you instead.
Good luck BTW.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 2:10am On Feb 12, 2021
JidennaJason:

That's a good agribusiness to venture into. Last I checked, there was a ban on the importation of poultry products into Nigeria. This means you have a ready sizable market for your produce (meat and egg).... And you can choose to do something special, by adding value, and creating a unique product.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 2:15am On Feb 12, 2021
phantom24:

There is no business venture without risk. In fact, the greater the risk, the greater the reward.
What is important to thrive is taking calculated risks. This means having the right information, and taking the right actions.
Poultry Farming is absolutely not the riskiest agribusiness to venture into. Not even close.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 2:16am On Feb 12, 2021
JidennaJason:
Dear phantom24,

Thanks.

You have the Right Mindset.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 2:27am On Feb 12, 2021
yanabasee1:

Fish Farming is my personal favorite.... Not because I make the fish pepper soup to screw anyone oo grin grin grin
The funny thing is that once you start farming fishes, your appetite for eating fishes will reduce to almost zero... I'm talking from my experience.

Fish farming maybe capital intensive, but it is alsopossible to start small and grow the business.

Setting up a Hatchery Facility gives you an edge over other farmers without one, as you can select the best broodstocks for breeding and best fingerlings to stock in your fattening ponds.
Also, you would have a secondary stream of income through the sale of fingerlings and juveniles to other fish farmers.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by phantom24: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
ChuksDaVinci:

There is no business venture without risk. In fact, the greater the risk, the greater the reward.
What is important to thrive is taking calculated risks. This means having the right information, and taking the right actions.
Poultry Farming is absolutely not the riskiest agribusiness to venture into. Not even close.
Ok can u pls mention the most risky agro venture you've ventured into cos i'm speaking from experience.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 3:20am On Feb 18, 2021
phantom24:
Ok can u pls mention the most risky agro venture you've ventured into cos i'm speaking from experience.

Risk is subjective. Everyone perceives risks differently, and what might be high risk to you, might be low risk to another, and vice versa.

The difference in perception, most time, is down to knowledge: How much do you know about the venture? What information do you possess? Do you possess the skill and experience required?

Another factor that can determine how risky a venture is to you is Value: How important is the venture to you? What do you stand to lose? What is at stake?

We actually define our risks, and calculate how much we can risk.

Now, is Poultry Business the riskiest Agro Venture? Absolutely Not.
Which then is the riskiest? This would be the Agro Venture with the highest stakes (financial or otherwise) and the least information available.

So... You Decide.

Remain Ever Blessed.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by coolk(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
cool
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2021
wink
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
ChuksDaVinci:
wink
Expantiate on the cassava aspect please

What's the cost of setting up an acre... What variety is the best... How much can you get from an acre and who are the people that buy
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Nyamuriflathead: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
please what do you know about artificial insemination in animal husbandry?
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by Nyamuriflathead: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
And please how about cocoa farming? it used to be amongst one of the most lucrative agricultural products to venture into, why the decline?
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 6:35am On Mar 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Expantiate on the cassava aspect please

What's the cost of setting up an acre... What variety is the best... How much can you get from an acre and who are the people that buy

Hi. Sorry about the late response, I've been busy on a project.
I'll soon write an comprehensive article on Cassava Business, soon. From Farming, to Garri processing, and even export of Dried Cassava.

If you need more info, urgently, reach me directly on the Contact above.

Thanks.
Re: Top Ten Profitable Agriculture Businesses To Startup This Year In Nigeria by ChuksDaVinci: 6:45am On Mar 16, 2021
Nyamuriflathead:
please what do you know about artificial insemination in animal husbandry?

I do. It simply means collecting sperm cells from male animal and inserting them into the female animal's reproductive organ.
The process is a little different for every class of animal. For example, artificial inseminations in fishes (Induced breeding / Hypophysation) requires the male to be sacrificed, and milt sac (sperm sac) collected; while the female (gravid / sexually mature) is injected with hormones to stimulate egg production.... and so on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Weeks Point Of Lay For Sale In Ibadan / Covid19 Cooperative investment project / Hot Air Tray Dryer Industrial Fruit Drying Machine Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.