Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches (28348 Views)

2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics / Man Goes Missing In Akwa Ibom After Dropping Suicide Note In Church / Armed Robbers Kill Augustine Ekanem In Akwa Ibom After Snatching His Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 12, 2021
Three young boys, who were accused of being witches have been rescued from the street of Eket, Akwa Ibom.

Danish aid worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén, who disclosed this on Wednesday February 10, said the kids identified as Josef, David and King, were brought to the shelter by a group of field workers three days ago.

A few days ago 3 boys were brought to Land of Hope children center by a group of field workers. The boys were found on the street, abandoned and outcasted by the society, accused of being witches.

The causes of witch accusations are many but often it is related to explain misfortune and hardships, such as death, divorce or illness in families and communities.

Since the spread of the corona virus we have seen an alarming increase in rescue calls of witchcraft accusations.

The Covid-19 lockdowns have resulted in severe economic consequences. It has also become a significant health issue because of lockdowns. It is literally a race against death and starvation and children are becoming victims of these hardships.

Children are being blamed for the spread of the coronavirus. More children are accused of being witches. It is a growing problem and a very big concern for us.

With the 3 new boys, we now have 80 children under our wings living at Land of Hope children center. We really need all the support we can get.

In this new case legal processes are ongoing and we are investigating with the local police.

What´s most important is that the boys are now safe. We all welcome Josef, David and King to Land of Hope ❤️❤️❤️

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159032583448024&id=620863023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by lilvicky68(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2021
Ignorance and stupidity at its peak.. if you see witch self you no go know..

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 12, 2021
Akwaibom should be

2 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by November1857(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2021
lilvicky68:
Ignorance and stupidity at its peak.. if you see witch self you no go know..
You won't understand , cause you ain't in their shoes.
I am an Akwa Ibomit, if such children bit you , you eyes go open.
Na only GOD dey delivered them..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by GIdiata(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:

seems you are a Witcher undecided

74 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by November1857(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2021
GIdiata:

seems you a a Witcher
Am not , Am in CHRIST JESUS BY GOD'S GRACE , those kids are dangerous !

6 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by GIdiata(m): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:

How did you come to that conclusion?

if they are as u have said, wouldn't it be a good idea since you are in Christ Jesus to think of saving them, rather than allowing kids suffer?

or you are the "Suffer not a witch to live" Christain?

same way u guys labeled a little boy "a Witch" and left him for dead. thank God for the boy he's doing well. abi no be Akwa Ibom again?

ur type are the ones abusing Christianity
Aren't you guys tired of been WICKED in the name of Religion?

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Cumtroller: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2021
1.Children accused of being witches abandoned in Akwa-Ibom.

2 Children used as "Spare-parts" by Afonja's in the West. Children raped by their parents / guardians and their skulls mined for money rituals in Ogun state. (Headquarters of Skull Mining)

3.Children used as suicide bombers by boko haram in the North. These kids are also professional almajiris and trainee bandits.

4. Children recruited into baby factories and breast milk extraction industries in the East.

I pity any child born in Nigeria. That kid is seriously scarred for life. Naija is not child friendly at all.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by ellajoe(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
Our mumu is in capital letter
Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by sammysmiles(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
Nah Wah oooo....
Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by PotatoSalad(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
Guys, anything still surprise y'all about this country?
Everyday I pray for strength to relate with people. angry

The way the woman doing morning cry in my street this morning described hell and endtime, you'd bet she visits there every weekend angry

12 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
As a result of this evil thousands of children have been accused of being witches.
Many have been tortured, or even killed.

Others are subjected to inhumane abuse.
They suffer severe beatings, maiming, burns caused by fire, boiling water or acid, poisoning, attempts to bury them alive, abandonment, rape and trafficking.
They are denied access to health care and vaccinations. And they are blamed when they become ill and their diseases spread to other members of the family and community.

This is what religion and poverty can cause in the life of stupid people.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Deserea: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
Why always Akwa Ibom

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
ellajoe:
Our mumu is in capital letter
Your mumu you mean?
Don't try using plural for this kind of evil and wicked act again.... okay?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by DarkJeddi(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
Thrash!
Thrash!!
Thrash!!! angry

23 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by FastLane25(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
too much of superstition no dey make African community progress.. I just shake my head fir this matter

5 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Coronavirus84: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
Black man, black sense of reasoning
Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by flexyrule(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
The mentality of Akwa Ibomites back home is very terrible.
Yes, they're very honest and hardworking, but their level of ignorance and backward mentality is on a whole noda level.

Sometime ago, one guy put his Mercedes Benz up for sale in the auto section.
Reason: he doesn't feel comfortable and secured driving such high end vehicle in Akwa Ibom. I thought it was a joke till I visited there last year with a similar vehicle.

I was truly amazed at the reaction I got everytime I drove out.

Na my peoe oooooo. But their eyes never open!

10 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
Can you keep shut please, instead of sounding so slow like this.
Shame on you for supporting such evil and wickedness as this.

'Akwa Ibomit' our feet!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by WiszyFraud: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2021
This Akwa Ibom people funny well well ooh... After fvckking all those their hard fvkks, produce children, only dem go still call their own children witches and wizards..
cheesy grin

illiteracy undecided

6 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2021
Backward state in a bewitched country.

7 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Sailorsoldier1: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
u are an illiterate...get an education.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Ghostrye: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
Hey guys, come look at this, another numbskull just showed up

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Sultty(m): 11:39am On Feb 12, 2021
government is making things unbearable here. Even if there are not being branded as witches can their parents care for them?
Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Joezinho: 11:39am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
[s]You won't understand , cause you ain't in their shoes.
Na only GOD dey delivered them..[/s]

Your stewpidity is enormous. Ignorance kee you dere

16 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Sailorsoldier1: 11:39am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
including d poor little kid that dat Danish woman saved? He is doing well now...stupid Akwaibom ppl

6 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by lexy2014: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:

it's funny that u even say u are "in CHRIST JESUS BY GOD'S GRACE".
Anyways, How are d kids dangerous?

7 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by bigiyaro(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
November1857:
bros you are not in any Jesus, you in a mental prison.

19 Likes

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Oyiboman69: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by Godtemi: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
GIdiata:

How did you come to that conclusion?

if they are as u have said wouldn't it be a good idea since you are in Christ Jesus to think of saving them, rather than allowing kids to suffer?

or you are the "Suffer not a witch to live" Christain?

same way u guys labelled a little boy "a Witch" and left him for dead. thank God for the boy he's doing well. abi no be Akwa Ibom again

Words of wisdom
Isn't christ who said we should pray for the salvation of soul ?
Children's which others are praying to have even cripple, but God gave them a full guy and all they tend to do is to use their ignorance to send them off because they can't take care of them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches by younglleo: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Who Kidnapped 2 Kids In Makurdi Nabbed On Her Way To Sell Them In Onitsha / Zimbabwean Man Murdered His Wife, Married Late Wife Elder Sister (photos) / Edo: Police Re-Arrest Prisoner Who Escaped From Jail During #EndSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.