Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

A.I Facial Recognition Algorithm Is Racist Against Black People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A.I Facial Recognition Algorithm Is Racist Against Black People (225 Views)

Labour Party Facial Effect On Tiktok (Video, Photo) / Caption Sanusi's Facial Expression While Meeting With Peter Obi / President Buhari's Funny Facial Expressions (APC Presidential Primary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A.I Facial Recognition Algorithm Is Racist Against Black People by bn365: 7:52am On Feb 12, 2021
"A.I Facial recognition algorithm is racist against black people"...that is how they frame it.
If you are not a critical thinker, you'd get offended and ask why the damn thing is discriminating against you for being black.
But if you know their agenda, you'd be like thank God.
Coronavirus didn't go as planned.
They said people will be falling like flies and dying in the streets from the virus.
Now the facial recognition system to keep me monitored isn't working as planned.
Know thine enemies!
These "news" outlets aren't news orgs, they are propaganda and mind control tools

Re: A.I Facial Recognition Algorithm Is Racist Against Black People by falcon01: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2021
Yeah because its harder to detect dark skin. and if you are pissed about that go create your own Facial Detection A.I that recognize Dark skin easily!!
Re: A.I Facial Recognition Algorithm Is Racist Against Black People by malcom1X: 9:23am On Feb 12, 2021
I can remember back then during a job intake, they wanted to employ one Muslim. The digital camera couldn't pick her face, so they told her and the only option she had was to remove her hijab.

But we didn't tell her, we told one lady to tell her to remove it. She knew she will have to remove it.

she became angry that we are discriminating against her because she's a Muslim grin
No one answered her. She raged until finally she had to remove it. Then the camera worked, now she's working and we use to use that to joke with her and she will just laugh it off.

(1) (Reply)

How Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi Threatened Alleged Blackmailer As Police Sour / Why PDP Must Expel FFK / Fed Govt Says Measures Are In Place To Ensure Safe Release Of Abducted Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.