Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness (397 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / One Bumpy Semester Made Him Drop Out Of School, Now He’s A Cattle Seller / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Attah00002(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2021
I am 24 years old and I want to drop out of the university so that I can focus on my fashion and designing business which I was doing before I got admission to study civil engineering,a course of five years in abubakar tafawa balewa University bauchi.
I want to drop out due to the following reasons:
1. I don't like studying the course because I know after my graduation I am not going to Make use of my certificate ,I believe so much in my fashion and designing business that it will work for me and I don't need a university degree.

2. I have been supporting myself mostly right from when I wrote my jamb up till this time and my elder brother use to support me financially but due to covid19 he lost his job so I am on my own and I feel like the process of getting a degree is not worth the suffering like I said earlier,I am not going to use the certificate because I never want to work for anybody right from my childhood,I always want to be the boss.
My fellow nairalanders, please don't read and go but Help a brother.

1 Like

Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Henix(m): 10:22am On Feb 12, 2021
Bros, finish ur undergraduate study and keep ur degree certification at home where nothing will happen to it. Ur certification will give u an added advantage as a tailor, and can open a new door for u tomorrow when u least expected.

Moreover, getting a job after graduation has never been the sole objective of going to school. Get educated and exposed, and explore more opportunities in ur tailoring field

4 Likes

Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Attah00002(m): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2021
Thanks for your input,
Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by SouthAmericalif: 11:17am On Feb 13, 2021
Attah00002:
I am 24 years old and I want to drop out of the university so that I can focus on my fashion and designing business which I was doing before I got admission to study civil engineering,a course of five years in abubakar tafawa balewa University bauchi.
I want to drop out due to the following reasons:
1. I don't like studying the course because I know after my graduation I am not going to Make use of my certificate ,I believe so much in my fashion and designing business that it will work for me and I don't need a university degree.

2. I have been supporting myself mostly right from when I wrote my jamb up till this time and my elder brother use to support me financially but due to covid19 he lost his job so I am on my own and I feel like the process of getting a degree is not worth the suffering like I said earlier,I am not going to use the certificate because I never want to work for anybody right from my childhood,I always want to be the boss.
My fellow nairalanders, please don't read and go but Help a brother.

my candid advice is to keep both,to avoid (I wish I had known).
though not easy but not impossible because you will be needing extra effort to make it work.
you can be getting clients from your course mates and school in general, no matter your location good designers clothing attracts customers,so if you sew well you don't need much work to be living of your handwork and achieve both at same time.
And finally education gives you good sense of reasoning in the open market, it will make you do better in what ever you venture into in the labour market.
Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by doggedfighter(f): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Since you have the skill already.

It's time to acquire your civil engineering degree.

Don't leave one for the other.

Acquire both .

Very important !
Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Attah00002(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2021
SouthAmericalif:

my candid advice is to keep both,to avoid (I wish I had known).
though not easy but not impossible because you will be needing extra effort to make it work.
you can be getting clients from your course mates and school in general, no matter your location good designers clothing attracts customers,so if you sew well you don't need much work to be living of your handwork and achieve both at same time.
And finally education gives you good sense of reasoning in the open market, it will make you do better in what ever you venture into in the labour market.

Thank you so much brother, already made up my mind not to quit again...I really appreciate your contribution.

2 Likes

Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Attah00002(m): 9:31am On Feb 14, 2021
doggedfighter:
Since you have the skill already.

It's time to acquire your civil engineering degree.

Don't leave one for the other.

Acquire both .

Very important !

Thanks so much,
Re: A Second Year Civil Engineering Want To Drop Out To Focus Tailoring Bizness by Tangiblehandwork: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Don't mind those fool's asking you to study a course you are no longer interested in, getting a job in that field will be very very hard in a vision less country like nigeria.if you have the resources/money to sponsor yourself in the university,you can continue with your education.but if you don't have the resources/money to continue, just quit, focus on learning and establishing your business.you can go back to school later.being successful in life is not taught in school

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward / The London Academy Business School / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.