Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Corolla 010 Transmission Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 010 Transmission Problem (1165 Views)

Toyota Camry 08 Or Corolla 010 - Which One To Buy / Acura Mdx Transmission Problem / Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by henryutd(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
I need your advice house.

My toyota corolla 2010 automatic started popping out of transmission during motion. Work was done on it before and it stopped but it has started again. The technicians refused to tell me exactly what he did.

But I noticed the acceleration was not smooth like before after it changes from gear 1 to 2. The gear 2 viberates during motion as if you are using a lower gear. Normalize after changes to another.

Presently I can only use it when driving slowly on the street but can't speed up with it.
Any attempt to speed up will disengage the gear though it is on Drive. It will be firing without moving.
Good for street but bad for expressway especially when it gets hot.

What could be the problem?
Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by bigl: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
henryutd:
I need your advice house.

My toyota corolla 2010 automatic started popping out of transmission during motion. Work was done on it before and it stopped but it has started again. The technicians refused to tell me exactly what he did.

But I noticed the acceleration was not smooth like before after it changes from gear 1 to 2. The gear 2 viberates during motion as if you are using a lower gear. Normalize after changes to another.

Presently I can only use it when driving slowly on the street but can't speed up with it.
Any attempt to speed up will disengage the gear though it is on Drive. It will be firing without moving.
Good for street but bad for expressway especially when it gets hot.

What could be the problem?

Pls quote or get Gazzuz contact ... He can help u sort your issue sir
Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by amedualiyu(m): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
My very simple advice for you is to save money and buy another gear box. please don't spend any money to repair it. It obvious that your gear box is burnt that is why it gets worse once it's hot. That was how I spent more than what I used to buy another gear box to repair the old one that never worked. Most times it's better to replace than to repair base on experience.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by henryutd(m): 6:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
amedualiyu:
My very simple advice for you is to save money and buy another gear box. please don't spend any money to repair it. It obvious that your gear box is burnt that is why it gets worse once it's hot. That was how I spent more than what I used to buy another gear box to repair the old one that never worked. Most times it's better to replace than to repair base on experience.

Thank you for the advice. The last repair lasted for 2 months. I am so sure it was the person that changed the fluid that caused this.
Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by homeboy205: 6:26pm On Feb 13, 2021
henryutd:

Thank you for the advice. The last repair lasted for 2 months. I am so sure it was the person that changed the fluid that caused this.

Maybe you should tell us more about the history of the gear, services and the rest
Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by henryutd(m): 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
homeboy205:

Maybe you should tell us more about the history of the gear, services and the rest

Bought as Nigerian use, the owner bought it Sept 2019 and hit the bottom cover of the gear on the ground on a bad road. The fluid leaked and the gear developed fault. The brain box had a crack. Instead of replacement he used quick gum to stick it and sold it to me when he noticed the gear always pop out of transmission on a high speed after 30mins of take off.

When I noticed it, I gave it to a technician who changed it and put it back to normal. Only that it moves as if gear 2 is missing during acceleration. It served me well throughout December and January. Last week I went to change the break pad only for the mechanic to tell me that the gear fluid is below the normal level. He advised me to change the fluid.
I changed the fluid with TOP1 ATF. He didn't change the filter ooo.
That was all. I have been noticing a kind of humming sound after that but I ignored it. On Friday I noticed that it has started again. It went out of at 60km/h. I have to slow down to be able to get to my destination.

That's all.
I will be taken it to the first person next week.
Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by henryutd(m): 7:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
henryutd:

Bought as Nigerian use, the owner bought it Sept 2019 and hit the bottom cover of the gear on the ground on a bad road. The fluid leaked and the gear developed fault. The brain box had a crack. Instead of replacement he used quick gum to stick it and sold it to me when he noticed the gear always pop out of transmission on a high speed after 30mins of take off.

When I noticed it, I gave it to a technician who changed it and put it back to normal. Only that it moves as if gear 2 is missing during acceleration. It served me well throughout December and January. Last week I went to change the break pad only for the mechanic to tell me that the gear fluid is below the normal level. He advised me to change the fluid.
That was all. I have been noticing a kind of humming sound after that but I ignored it. On Friday I noticed that it has started again. It went out of at 60km/h. I have to slow down to be able to get to my destination.

That's all.

He claimed to have changed this.

Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by homeboy205: 8:42am On Feb 14, 2021
henryutd:

That's all.

I think it’s about time you relax and take a chill pill or else you will be spending and spending with no result.

This is not your fault from the beginning, the owner knows about the problem hence the reason they sold it off to you.

Just cut your loses on this gearbox and BUY ANOTHER.

Don’t spend any more money on the gear, BUY ANOTHER GEARBOX. And ATF can not be the recommended oil for that gearbox.

More so I’d advise you look for reputable people here if you are in Lagos and have them help you with buying and installation of the gearbox

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 010 Transmission Problem by Elsueno: 10:28am On Feb 14, 2021
Any gear box fix above 10k, that requires opening of the gear box is a waste of time & money. Better to close eye, buy new gear box kawaii.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Car Problem Has No Solution So Far. / Cars Elite Should Pls Explain This! / Ebuka Ukachukwu'small Witch' Armed Robber Wanted By Police Was Killed On 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.