Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje (20889 Views)

ACN Block Should Produce The President -buhari / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? / 2023: Shekarau Says The South Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Vistra40:

I will quote you again and again as I deem fit! That’s one thing with sycophants, they think everyone is a politician. I’m no politician bro but a Nigerian who sees things objectively. Have a good day

You don't see anything objectively and you're not well-informed or politically knowledgeable. If you were you would see why some of us support Tinubu.

I will give one example. The FG, under conservative Northern leadership, has just agreed to float a PPP initiative (public and private sector partnership) with 1 trillion Naira seed fund to address Nigeria's huge infrastructural deficit because they now accept, grudgingly, due to covid-19 forcing their hand, it is the only way to rescue Nigeria and successfully tackle her infrastructural deficit.

This after decades of looting Nigeria broke with centrist incompetence and corruption plus the refusal, due to vested interests, to partner with the private sector to move our nation forward.

Same way they refused to concede our power sector into competent private hands and chose cronyism when they enacted fake privatisation under GEJ.

Same with the petroleum sector till Lagos presented Dangote with the platform and feasibility report to convince him to build the biggest private refinery in the world now set to solve Nigeria's decades old perennial crude refining woes.

Tinubu introduced PPP model of funding critical infrastructure as far back as his first term as Governor of Lagos i.e 1999 to 2003. He was mocked then by other Governors and leaders, like Gbenga Daniel , yet PPP is popular today and the FG has just admitted it's crucial importance to Nigeria with this current move which comes almost 20 years after Tinubu proposed and implemented the first PPP arrangements to the benefit of Lagos.

Noteworthy too Tinubu was behind the first effort to use IPP, independent power plants, to assist the effort of Lagos to secure constant electricity. Many many things from BAT were visionary, innovative and designed to free States of FG incompetence and backwardness. He increased IGR phenomenally so Lagos could be self-funding to the extent the State became the 5th biggest economy in Africa !!!!!

It was the same way Awolowo was building Africa's first TV station, Cocoa house etal a millennium before others were even wearing pampas. Why wont they then be petrified of an Awolowo Presidency same as they fear Tinubu now?

You think you see things objectively. You don't. What you see are viewpoints not your own but you assume are because they have been drummed into your head a million times by those who understand they can fool black people and Nigerians because they never read and investigate anything for themselves and can be easily teleguided by subliminal messaging and suble 'coding'.

They shouted "bullion van" tirelessly till that was all some of you can see. They claimed "drug dealer wanted in the US and UK" to the extent we still have illiterate youths saying today on this forum Tinubu dare not set foot in the USA and UK.

The same Tinubu always invited to major political events in the west and to lecture on political administration in the USA and UK , at Prestigious institutions of learning and politics, is unable to visit the USA and UK for "outstanding drug warrants"?

Same man UK and American ambassadorial big wig first visit at Bourdillon , to "discuss area of mutual national interests", without any interest in seeing any other Nigerian leaders at all, is a fugitive?

Believe me, you and most Nigerians know nothing about Tinubu other than what you are fed deliberately by those who understand that perception is king and therefore work on warping the perception of Nigerians more than they dedicate time to improving our nation.

They did same to Awolowo deliberately working to taint him a "tribalist" unfit to lead a "diverse Nigeria". Bro, your eyes are firmly shut . Trust me. Objective you certainly are not. Far from it. Very far.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Akagas(m): 9:44am On Feb 13, 2021
Simplyleo:
FFK don share the password to APC members. grin

Ganduje obviously confirming the password cheesy.

They will soon start narrating how Ganduje's credentials qualified him to be a gov. And indeed, his laudable projects in Kano state. Watch the yesterday's illiterate almajiri suddenly becomes the most educated northerner today.

Meanwhile, 2023 race don dey gather momentum. FFK is set to dump Igbos.

Star boy working hand in hand with Tinubu behind the scene.

However, ipob miscreants are still inside Tinubu's butthole. grin
If you don't know what to say just read and pass.why must you use hate speech MISCREANTS on people you indirectly marginalised?
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by yemmywesey(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2021
we don't want, oduduwa republic is our prospect.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Donclaracuzo: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2021
I Will save your quote to proof you wrong one day. Keep blabing to receive your little stipend to please your pay masters.

OneTemplate:
Worth bearing in mind that Ganduje is an unapologetic Tinubu loyalist. This is what we keep telling Igbos. Give Tinubu his dues.

He was working and building men, bridges and alliances while IPOBians were busy playing politics of hate and enmity. It is stupid to think Tinubu won't or should not profit from his investment. Life does not work like that and it is only Igbos who believe in cheating, criminality and reaping where one has not sown as a way of life.

Let all the small boys do their initial gra gra. When things swing into flow then some will know Tinubu is a political titan some Moin Moin Buni and his crew, all unknown yesterday and nobodies without APC, cannot dismiss.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by pasol4real(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2021
OneTemplate:
Worth bearing in mind that Ganduje is an unapologetic Tinubu loyalist. This is what we keep telling Igbos. Give Tinubu his dues.

He was working and building men, bridges and alliances while IPOBians were busy playing politics of hate and enmity. It is stupid to think Tinubu won't or should not profit from his investment. Life does not work like that and it is only Igbos who believe in cheating, criminality and reaping where one has not sown as a way of life.

Let all the small boys do their initial gra gra. When things swing into flow then some will know Tinubu is a political titan some Moin Moin Buni and his crew, all unknown yesterday and nobodies without APC, cannot dismiss.
Anything to make yourself happy bro, cos this is definitely not the best time to be an afonja, so keep consoling yourself. Sure thing is Tinubu’s presidential ambition is dead n buried....
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2021
Donclaracuzo:
I Will save your quote to proof you wrong one day. Keep blabing to receive your little stipend to please your pay masters.

Little stipend? Don't insult me abeg. I am on 50k per post and paid directly from Bourdillon daily. Does your own job pay that well? Mumu.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by HelpYourself(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2021
Simplyleo:

They will soon start narrating how Ganduje's credentials qualified him to be a gov. And indeed, his laudable projects in Kano state. Watch the yesterday's illiterate almajiri suddenly becomes the most educated northerner today.

Wow such language grin

Anyways please help me look at this as this member is violating my privacy and harassing me. Rules 2,1 and 10 broken
Nephilim

Thread .

https://www.nairaland.com/6412389/rise-fall-nigeria#99016216
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2021
pasol4real:

Anything to make yourself happy bro, cos this is definitely not the best time to be an afonja, so keep consoling yourself. Sure thing is Tinubu’s presidential ambition is dead n buried....

No problem. Buhari's ambition used to appear "dead n buried" also while PDP appeared all-conquering and undefeatable.

You are enjoying what you assume is "not the best time to be an afonja" . Well, jubilating early to cry later is what you IPOBians are known for so let's continue watching.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by uthlaw: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2021
EagleNest:

I laugh small cheesy...but on a serious note we want support from everyone - all parties and all Nigerians. Make una give us chance to steady this Nigeria ship and move Nigeria forward. We can't keep on playing ping pong when it comes to Igbos chance to lead.
no wahala,base on say all of us na 1 9ja...we stand with Igbo president!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by pasol4real(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2021
OneTemplate:

No problem. Buhari's ambition used to appear "dead n buried" also while PDP appeared all-conquering and undefeatable.

You are enjoying what you assume is "not the best time to be an afonja" . Well, jubilating early to cry later is what you IPOBians are known for so let's continue watching.
Jubilating or celebrating afonja’s recent misfortunes is a complete waste of my time. I just pity you guys cos its clear uve not learnt from your mistakes....
Afonja Ronuuuuo
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Funkeshuga(m): 10:54am On Feb 13, 2021
Igbo should take their secession serious if they're not allowed to be the president of this country

if we southerners are complaining nepotism and federal character then the correction must start from all of us, what I just detest is Igbo abusing Yoruba people because of power, contest for it, it's your right

I'm in for anyone that will represent me well, the North had failed Nigeria, let another southern try it

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by 12inchess: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2021
By 2023.Nigeria should have broken up or restructured. I dont believe in the functioning of a Nigeria under the current status be him Jesus, Muhammed, even bring Bill Clinton or Barack Obama come as out president. They will still fail.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by ugooo88(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2021
Mtcheew
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Akanbiedu(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2021
post=99015570:
I told you guys Tinubu and Ganduje will soon Decamp from APC, Ganduje want to be VP to Tinubu, current leadership in APC will frustrate them out of APC, they will contest with a new party but the will fail, you may insult me or call me names but I will later remind you guys

See analysis. you will push Lagos and Kano out of your party in this Nigeria?
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Paretomaster1(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

And you think a SW candidate will also get votes? This is the exact reason a Northener will win again in 2023

Yes a SWesterner will get the vote.... How is this your problem?
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Akanbiedu(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2021
Paretomaster1:

Yes a SWesterner will get the vote.... How is this your problem?

Leave that one. He is like that woman in the bible that agreed that a disputed child be cut into two.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by tomakint: 11:27am On Feb 13, 2021
OneTemplate:

At your age in life with what your big eyes have seen you are still here shouting Tinubu and the same you will be crying up and down that Nigeria is not working......a useless rogue that was stuffing his agbada with dollars is talking and the next thing that came out of your mouth is another useless rogue that will soon perish called Tinubu and you will be crying why you are where you are in life when you are your own worst enemy in life....what a pity

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Easternblood: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2021
post=99014591:

First read these short post below and move on to the long one after that.....

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

Lol cheesy.
No be only waist, Na Ikebe grin cheesy wink

Una no go killi person for dis forum with laughter.....
Chineke kpoo go oku...You want to Fulanize and Islamize us abi?
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by onuman: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2021
Simplyleo:

Don’t you think that your heart needs cleansing from the evil reeking and tormenting it?

All you want is control of proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits from the east.

We acquiesced to two Yorubas in the tickets of the two largest political parties in 1999. OBJ won for PDP.

Yorubas did not even vote for PDP then, because most of the Yoruba people were in AD then.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Sonn(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/12/2023-southern-nigeria-should-produce-next-president-ganduje/
it's quite unfortunate that after eight years of Northern president' it has become a subject of debate to weighter the next president comes from the South or not, SHAME TO THE SOUTH

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by onuman: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2021
Sonn:
it's quite unfortunate that after eight years of Northern president' it has become a subject of debate to weighter the next president comes from the South or not, SHAME TO THE SOUTH

Because political power rests with the north through the lopsided political structure created by northern soldiers to favor the north.

Southern politicians merely do siddon de look north, as far as politics of Nigeria is concerned.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
Anybody that carries this crook as VP should know what he did to Kwankwaso that made him and be assured we will make sure that person doesn’t win elections in 2023.

We don’t want Gandollar, he is rotten. A word is enough for the wise.

This is how we warned PDP about Atiku but all you people hear is those that tell lies, kiss your ass and shares loot. Whoever carries Gandollar be sure your opponent will be the President by the mightiest Grace of God.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
jakD:
That's a known reminder that needs no reminder. After all, Southern Nigeria is not a tenant in Nigeria.
However, I believe the presidential seat should be for the Igbo this time.

Yes, the PDP owes Igbos their ticket not the APC!
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
GeneralPula:

Even PDP won’t mention south East lol

Don’t mind them. Why should anyone mention SE?

You have spent almost 6 years offending every single tribe in this country. Any party that doesn’t want to win 2023 will put SE as headline candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by Simplyleo: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
onuman:

Don’t you think that your heart needs cleansing from the evil reeking and tormenting it?

All you want is control of proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits from the east.

We acquiesced to two Yorubas in the tickets of the two largest political parties in 1999. OBJ won for PDP.

Yorubas did not even vote for PDP then, because most of the Yoruba people were in AD then.
So which crude oil dey for east?

Keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by guychidile: 1:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
truth be told.,we move
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by abbaashiru(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
When the North wants to play us, they categorize all of us as just south, asked them which of the south and watch them acting movies for you, they probably want power to go to south west then after, it returns to them, you won't here them mention south East, or south south, all south na South, no body is even talking about middle belts.
why are you trying to be clever by half? It's the Same way northwest, northeast and northcentral are being categorised as NORTHERNERS...
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by abbaashiru(m): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
Blitzerz:
Which part of Southern Nigeria?

Hypocrites
i don't really see hypocrisy here. The onus now lies on the whole of southern region to settle yourselves... Don't forget the north consists of northeast, northwest and northcentral...
Re: 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje by abbaashiru(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2021
Reference:
'...should BE ALLOWED'...,
The language of domination, the idealism of ownership... the sad tale of Nigeria.
There's just no pleasing you guys. It's just basic English Language. If he had said WILL/WOULD, you'd ask where he got the powers of allocating who gets what.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Refining Of 60,000 Barrels Per Day In 2023 / Inside Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwaso, Obi’s Battle For Kano, Lagos, Rivers / NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.