Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio (482 Views)

Marauding Herdsmen Have Launched Guerrilla Warfare In Yorubaland — Agbekoya / Herdsmen Have No Alternative, They Must Register, Says Ondo State Government / FFK: I Stopped Eating Cow Meat, Herdsmen Have Sex With Cows For Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by November1857(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2021
Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-West Since 2015, Farmers' Association President Claims

In most of the villages and towns in Yoruba land, our farmers have deserted their farms and people cannot move about freely to conduct their business activities because of the fear.

The President-General of Agbekoya Farmers Association, Chief Kamorudeen Okikiola, has said that herdsmen have attacked and killed no fewer than 4000 farmers in various towns and communities of the South-West since 2015.

The farmers' association chief added that herdsmen could perpetrate crime in the South-West because of the backing from godfathers, who purchase arms and ammunition.

Okikiola, in an interview with Vanguard, noted that President Muhammadu Buhari's government had also failed to "arrest the godfathers who are financially responsible for the purchase of ammunition and weapons for herdsmen."

He said, "Some factors, events and incidents informed my remarks, especially the spate of kidnappings and killings of farmers and innocent Yoruba sons and daughters by Fulani criminal herdsmen and bandits.

"Over 4,000 farmers and innocent citizens have been killed in the South-West since 2015, without any arrest and prosecution. Kidnapping and killings of people by criminal Fulani herdsmen continue unabated without any positive and responsive steps taken by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to curb the armed criminal Fulani's nefarious activities herdsmen.

"Another factor that informed my remarks is the influx of Fulani criminal herdsmen and the amount of ammunition and weapons, like AK47, being smuggled by these criminals into the South-West.

"I am amazed that not much has been done to arrest the godfathers who are financially responsible for the purchase of ammunition and weapons because I am sure that the Fulani criminal herdsmen are not the ones financing the purchase of these weapons.

"Gradually and subtly, the history of Fulani's expansionist tendencies towards the South-West is being reenacted and Agbekoya and other Yoruba nation stakeholders are aware of these tendencies. These expansionist tendencies will be seriously rebuffed with everything it takes to stop these senseless kidnappings and killings.

"In most of the villages and towns in Yoruba land, our farmers have deserted their farms and people cannot move about freely to conduct their business activities because of the fear of being kidnapped and killed."

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/13/herdsmen-have-killed-4000-farmers-south-west-2015-farmers-association-president-claims

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Kriss216: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2021
Is Tinubu trying to say, his presidential ambition is worth more than the lives of 4000 innocent farmers

When will this slavery stop?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by obi4eze(m): 11:45am On Feb 13, 2021
Tinubu wants to be President at the expense of the lives of his people.

Nigerian politicians are just devils in human skin. Imagine someone keeping quiet over the death of his kinsmen. Lord have mercy!
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 11:45am On Feb 13, 2021
while the news might be true,
Sahara reporters and I know that there's no real data or estimated research data on this.
this is just one news made by Sahara reporters and their invisible farmers association to remain relevant.
I can bet my balls no research was made on this.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Asgard13: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2021
Hehehehehehehehe

Wake us wen e reach 1 million plus two Emirate ..

Is just time .. we will geh there..

Our focus is President.. wen we get the presidency under Tinubu or osibanjo .. we will now punish Fulani and use a sledgehammer to kill those flies grin

Let them continue jare..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2021
Kriss216:
Is Tinubu trying to say, his presidential ambition is worth more than the lives of 4000 innocent farmers

When will this slavery stop?
the day Peter obi publicly condemns the open killings of igbos in Rivers State by wike because of hausa.
abi is Peter obi Vice -presidential slot to a fulani atku worth More than the millions of igbos killed in Obigbo?

solve your own first.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Kriss216: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:
Sahara reporters and I know that there's no real data or estimated research data on this.
this is just one news made by Sahara reporters and their invisible farmers association to remain relevant.
So, you need statistics and research from NBS to ascertain the level of Fulani herdsmen atrocities in SW

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by raker300: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2021
...and igbos are their problem?

Goes to show that the yorubas only mouth off on igbo matters while they can’t even band together to defend themselves.

What a people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2021
"In most of the villages and towns in Yoruba land, our farmers have deserted their farms and people cannot move about freely to conduct their business activities because of the fear."

How long have I been screaming here!
How many times have have I been called ipob!
How many times have I screamed that before 2023 a lot of people would be Vigilantes, (at least the people that are ready to fight)
When the killers finally call for peace talk, hundreds of thousands of parcels of our ancestral lands would be negotiated for 2023,

Its so frigging obvious!
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Kriss216: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:

the day Peter obi publicly condemns the open killings of igbos in Rivers State by wike because of hausa.
abi is Peter obi Vice -presidential slot to a fulani atku worth More than the millions of igbos killed in Obigbo?

solve your own first.
Peter Obi and Igbos are not the ones killing your people, face your true enemies. Learn to eradicate the spirit of cowardice in your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Asgard13: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2021
raker300:
...and igbos are their problem?

Goes to show that the yorubas only mouth off on igbo matters while they can’t even band together to defend themselves.

What a people

Since the word Yoruba was coin and before ... they DONT have a history of UNITY..

Even with their tribalism .. Yoruba people are not and will never be united

Na igbo MATter Dey unite them ..

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Asgard13: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2021
Kriss216:

Peter Obi and Igbos are not the ones killing your people, face your true enemies. Learn to eradicate the spirit of cowardice in your life.

Love their ignorance.... it sparkles cool

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Kriss216:

So, you need statistics and research from NBS to ascertain the level of Fulani herdsmen atrocities in SW

4000 and 1 million are two different figures.
I know there have been killings of farmers in all part of the country by criminal herdsmen but Sahara reporters just coming out with over 4k figures happening and police did nothing to all means they've kept atleast 50% evidence to proof to us but this report here is just childish.
I can still bet my balls no research was made on it.
learn to understand comments before quoting or better still ask questions.
I've been in your shoes b4.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Elvictor: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2021
Yoruba ronu
Hahahahah!

grin grin

Like 1 million people should die so that we can rig in Tinubu easily

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Kriss216: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:
I know there have been killings of farmers in all part of the country by criminal herdsmen but Sahara reporters just coming out with over 4k figures happening and police did nothing to all means they've kept atleast 50% evidence to proof to us but this report here is just childish.
You're just not making any sense here.

Since the report is childish, get a matured report for us abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2021
Kriss216:

tinubu and yorubas are not the ones killing your people, face your true enemies. Learn to eradicate the spirit of cowardice in your life.

I think this should do justice..
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kriss216:
You're just not making any sense here.

Since the report is childish, get a matured report for us abeg.
you need a big brain to understand. it'll be follish trying to educated an ipob flat head online. when your dished with your nonsense, you easily come to terms. nonsense.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Kriss216: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:

you need a big brain to understand.
it'll be follish trying to educated an ipob flat head online.
when your dished with your nonsense, you easily come to terms.
nonsense.
Why the insults? Cos I asked for a matured report?

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Mysticwebb: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:
This excuse of always reminding yourself that Fulanis have been killing in all part of the country sounds cowardly to sane mind. Meaning it doesn't matter if they wipe out a race since they are doing same across all parts of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by jumper524(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mysticwebb:

This excuse of always reminding yourself that Fulanis have been killing in all part of the country sounds cowardly to sane mind. Meaning it doesn't matter if they wipe out a race since they are doing same across all parts of the country.
you value the highest noise maker more that the contents of what transpires.
more like who go police dey win case.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Racoon(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fulanis are killing! Bandits are killing! BH are also killing. What a country!
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Nooel1: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
jumper524:
Don't worry, when the time comes you'll be the next 4,001 victim. Stupid idiot! People are being killed but your only concern is the actual figure of the dead.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by etrouble: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nonsense without ingredients.

Agbekoya should stand up, pick arms and ammunition and confront the desert warriors instead of just wailing.

Everything is fair in war. The blood sucking vampires from the Sahara desert have launched different attacks at different times, Agbekoya, Afenifere, OPC, NUTRW should confront and wipe out the desert warriors instead of just complaining all over the internet.

This isn’t the first time tribes and races fight. There are still fightings and destruction in Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Kuwait, Northen Russia, China, Congo, Zaire, CAR, Sudan, Mali, Libya, e.t.c.

Confront the Fulanis or shut the fucck up and wait in your house to be slaughtered like goats by the Fulanis
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Focktot: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
immediately i saw since 2015 i knew it was a political statement.

So It is only 2015 Buhari won election that they started keeping records.

They are just making mockery of those genuine farmers that have actually surfered from hands of herdsmen.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fake news. Where are the dead bodies? What has been going is normal romance between master and slave. cheesy
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Liposure: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
This figure is outrageous. I know fulani Herdsmen have been ruthless so far, but to say they ve slaughtered 4000 farmers is absolutely ridiculous. Where and when did it happen? Even if its true, it is outrightly genocidal to say the least.
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Biafrawemove: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by TooMuchStuff: 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
They will kill more
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Bkayyy: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Just 4,000 out of 45 million Yoruba.

Mtcheew, that is negligible. SW and Nigerians should ignore this news we still have 44,996,000 Yoruba remaining.

Nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by gwafaeziokwu: 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bkayyy:
Just 4,000 out of 45 million Yoruba.

Mtcheew, that is negligible. SW and Nigerians should ignore this news we still have 44,996,000 Yoruba remaining.

Nothing spoil

grin

Bkayyy is back.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Gandollaar(f): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
Politics is a game of interest....

But Yorubas can't tell me they don't regret supporting buhari to power.

Regret over a mistake is normal, they should now come out and denounce that ill-fated support!!

Buhari was not the only person in APC as at that time but Tinubu led Yorubas to support a man who has no known record of success in governance and business cos he thought presidency would be a smooth ride for him after.

Fulanis all over the world trooped to Nigeria enmasse after buhari became president, thinking since a fulani supremacist is up there, the entire country was theirs to take.

And their taking won't be by doing business or anything honorable, it's by the barrel of the gun!

Not only in SW, many communities are scared to go to their farmlands cos of these Marauders.

Thank you Uncle ESN!!

God bless the Patriots who lay down their lives so their people can be safe again!

God bless MNK!!
Re: Herdsmen Have Killed 4,000 Farmers In South-west Since 2015, Farmers' Associatio by Optional09: 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Stop coming here to report these bullshit, get yourselves together fvck them up and push them out then get your leaders to speak and stand on your actions. We did it for the protection of our people

Simple!

We yoruba people are so fvcking dumb, Fulani even defend their criminal headmen for carrying Ak47. Why can’t our fvcking selfish cowards leaders speak up in interests of their people who are the victims of these unions crimes by the Fulani’s

i don’t want to ever see you here complaining about Fulani. Go and fvck them up and back back here to tell us how you successfully push them them out!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Missionary Schools To Rivers / Lagos Island East Commissions Montessori School For The Masses In Lagos. Pics. / Is Buhari Is A British Agent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.