Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community (394 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Rioters Invade Ogun LG Secretariat, Cart Away Mace (pic) / Teachers, Pupils Run As Fulani Herdsmen Invade School In Isuikwuato Abia (Video) / Herdsmen Invade Ogun, Kill Mother & Child, Injure Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Mgbadike80: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Daud Olatunji, Abeokuta
Unknown number of herdsmen on
Friday night invaded Igbooro, Oja-
Odan in the Yewa-North Local
Government area of Ogun State,
killing three and injuring two
villagers.
The marauding herdsmen reportedly
invaded the village, closed to Eggua
in Oja-Odan around 11 pm on Friday,
shot indiscriminately, and set ablaze
three houses and storehouses in the
village.
A mother and her child were among
the three persons killed in their huts
while two persons were said to be in
critical conditions after they were
shot by the herdsmen.

It was also learnt that many people,
including children, sustained varying
degrees of injuries.
The attack came barely 24 hours
after five persons were killed in
Owode Ketu, Ogun State.
Confirming the incident, Baale of
Igbooro, Abidemi Akorede, said he
had counted three corpses as of the
time of speaking with our
correspondent on Saturday morning.
Akorede said two villagers, a man,
and a woman have been rushed to a
nearby hospital after they sustained
gunshots injuries.

The village head said, “Some Fulani
herdsmen invaded our village last
night. As they arrived, they set ablaze
some houses and started shooting
sporadically, they macheted a child
to death where he hid.
“They hacked a mother and her child
to death. I have counted three
corpses, two have been rushed to the
hospital, they are in critical condition
after they were shot.
“They did not come with their cattle
for grazing. They just stormed the
village, killed people, and destroyed a
lot of property.

https://punchng.com/breaking-three-killed-as-suspected-herdsmen-invade-ogun-community/
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by BigDick70inch(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
V
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Obalatule: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Donspicey: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nawa ooooooo......

Very sadddd.....
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Tranquillity360: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin grin
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Fahdiga(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
My thoughts and prayers are with the Yorubas now that they are under the threat of going extinct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by hahket: 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nawaoo Buhari call ur people to order

1 Like

Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by sofeo(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
It's like their governor there is weak.

1 Like

Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Mgbadike80: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
God bless Nnamdi Kanu, i hope that my Yoruba brothers would now understand why disintegration of Nigeria is the only way forward, those talking about restructuring are only deceiving themselves because Nigeria was practicing regionalism when Akintola liased with the Fulani to imprison Awolowo far away from the Western region which gave rise to operation Wetie that claimed thousands of Yoruba lives and didn't stop until after General Ironsi took over government after the coup of the five majors led by Major led by Major Nzeogwu.

4 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by SouthNigerian: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
May it not be well with Governors, Ministers, Obas and every prominent Leaders from Southwest who have failed to condemn and seek a lasting solution to the atrocities presently witnessed across the Southwestern region.

Whatever their gains are that have made them remain mute in the face of the suffering of the people they represent, may those gains be their death.

Sooner or later, peace will be a thing of the past in their homes.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by AnonymousAhoy: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
Local man haf tired
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Jax1: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
Aare ona kankanfo of Yoruba land where are you? It is not by answering big name grin
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by kechywillz(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
This is getting out of hand,Yoruba should defend themselves ,your government will not do it for you.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by junketer(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2021
hahket:
Nawaoo Buhari call ur people to order
dey there dey call buhari to help while the yorubas are being brutalized in their backyard. The fulanis are promoting their agenda, I wonder what you are doing.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by EzeAro: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
That's 13 Yorubas killed by Fulani herdsmen in just 4 days!! At this point it's safe to decade a state of emergency in Ogun and Oyo states, Kai!
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by EzeAro: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
My thoughts and prayers are with the Yorubas now that they are under the threat of going extinct
All jokes and banter aside, we might be experiencing a slow but steady attempt of genocide by the herdsmen in these communities, I used to tease the yorubas but this is getting out of hand.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Lagoon0: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
This news are becoming fake to me. You don't tell me herders crises continued and the youth of the community didnt retaliate and kill scores of the herders undecided

Let's stop posting fake news
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by EzeAro: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
Lagoon0:
This news are becoming fake to me. You don't tell me herders crises continued and the youth of the community didnt retaliate and kill scores of the herders undecided

Let's stop posting fake news
The report is from Punch, a yoruba media... running away from the truth won't help the situation right now.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by greymiles: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
Bros u no get job?
Jumping from one thread to another
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by ThatFairGuy1: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
I'm of hope some bastards Yorubas who are EndSARS hoodlums sees how their hiding enemies get happier about any calamity that befalls your tribe.

Join them and ruin Lagos economy as they instigates you foolishly and see if you also will be useful in life.

Bastards
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Obalatule: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
I'm of hope some bastards Yorubas who are EndSARS hoodlums sees how their hiding enemies get happier about any calamity that befalls your tribe.

Join them and ruin Lagos economy as they instigates you foolishly and see if you also will be useful in life.

Bastards
As usual they refuse to condemn their Fulani tormentors......Yoruba ronu
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by ogbuefieze: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
By my count that's about 10 lives wasted by herdsmen in the space of a week? I think the governors should act fast before it gets out of hand.
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by ThatFairGuy1: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
Obalatule:
As usual they refuse to condemn their Fulani tormentors......Yoruba ronu
You shut the fvck up.

They shown they're enemy but you guys the real enemy pretends as friend.

THAT'S WORSE OF ENEMY TO HAVE
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Bastards

This one here is blaming the imaginary ‘enemies’ that are busy minding their own business!
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by Obalatule: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

You shut the fvck up.

They shown they're enemy but you guys the real enemy pretends as friend.

THAT'S WORSE OF ENEMY TO HAVE
Ofcourse you won't see the favour being done to you by waking you up to the reality of northern invasion,we won't allow you to keep sleeping.......how many times have you heard yoruba and Igbo clash since you were born?
Re: Three Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ogun Community by November1857(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Bastards
Afonja always channels their frustration towards thier imaginary enemy while thier real enemy are busy dealing with them !

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Names 40-year-old Bawa New EFCC Boss / Afenifere Expresses Disgust At The Trial Of Only Yorubas In The Shasha Clash / Okowa Swears In 25 Elected Council Chairmen At Asaba Amidst Jubilation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.