Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

#ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu (474 Views)

Peter Obi Free To Visit My Palace - Oba Of Lagos / Akiolu: #EndSARS Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace - Oba Of Lagos / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by NaijaMutant(f): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu has alleged hoodlums who attacked his palace on October 21, 2020 stole $2 million and N17 million.

Hoodlums attacked buildings in Lagos State a day after soldiers opened live ammunition on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll plaza on October 20, 2020.

They vandalised vehicles and carted away artefacts located at Iga Idugaran, Lagos Island.

They also went away with the staff of office commonly referred and plundered the palace for two days.

Akiolu, who spoke on Wednesday during the commissioning of the Glover Hall Memorial in Lagos, said he had avoided counting losses from the attack in public.

The monarch, while lamenting that Lagos suffered “huge” destruction, said those who attacked his palace were ignorant of the implication of what they did.

He also appealed to the Federal Government to assist Lagos to recover from the destruction, saying the state suffered from the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest than any other states in the country.
According to him: “I will support anything that will move Lagos forward. I have appealed to the Federal Government to assist Lagos with what we have suffered. We host many people here, not Lagosians alone. The incident that happened here from October 20 to 23rd is so saddening.

“The destruction we suffered in Lagos is so enormous than in any other part of the country.

“Many buildings were burnt, including vehicles used to generate income. I can now say publicly that they stole away from my palace $2 million and N17 million.

“Those who committed the offence would not have done that if they know the implication. But as a father, I won’t place any curse on them.”

After the attack on Akiolu’s palace, some soldiers whisked the septuagenarian away.

The monarch returned to his palace over two months after he escaped from an attack on his palace.

https://thenationonlineng.net/endsars-hoodlums-stole-2m-n17m-from-my-palace-akiolu/
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by NaijaMutant(f): 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin grin grin Oba Lilwayne wants compensation.

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Elsanchez: 8:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
Big big talk
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
We now know those who benefitted from Tinubu's 2 bullion vans undecided

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Beremx(f): 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Video of them stealing your money or you LIE!!
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Vickym1(f): 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oga want the fed govt to compensate him.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Olatunji1929: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
weyrey where did you get $2m?
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by rexchazy(m): 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Where did you get the money from, I guess from Tinubu
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Rugaria: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
Palace CBN?

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Maxymilliano(m): 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu has alleged hoodlums who attacked his palace on October 21, 2020 stole $2 million and N17 million.
This is a self indictment on the part of the King and must be prosecuted for keeping such amount of foreign currency at home.

Atiku's lawyer and son were arrested and arraigned by EFCC for moving around with same amount and according to the charges by EFCC,
the amount exceeded the threshold stipulated by the anti-money laundering law.

And why the silence of the palliatives meant for Lagosians that were carted away by the real owners ?

Ole !

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Christistruth00: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Olatunji1929:
weyrey where did you get $2m?

All the markets between Balogun and Obalende on. Lagos Island are in the Oba of Lagos domain

Traditionally amongst the Yorubas the Oba is the Owner of those Markets and gets a levy from all the business that goes on there

In the Old days the Oba of Lagos was called Olowo Eko which means the rich man of Lagos in Yoruba

In the days before Colonisation the Oba of Lagos got paid for every Ship that docked in Lagos Port
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Akiara: 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
SO THE OBA ...

BASED ON HIS USELESS TAXATION POLICIES ON "IGBO DOMINATED MARKETS" UNDER HIS SO CALLED DOMAIN...HAS LEGITIMATELY AMASSED $2million??...

ANYWA, THIS SUPPORTS THE NOTION THAT THOSE YOU "HATE" THE IGBOs, ACTUALLY FEED YOUR OBA AND THE OTHER MISCREANTS THAT LITTER THE MARKETS SHOUTING "OWO-MI-DA"

WHEN BIAFRA COMES...THE OBA WILL EAT "GRAVEL"...

CHAI.....SO IGBO PEOPLE GET MONEY LIKE THIS?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Christistruth00:

All the markets between Balogun and Obalende on. Lagos Island are in the Oba of Lagos domain

Traditionally amongst the Yorubas the Oba is the Owner of those Markets and gets a levy from all the business that goes on there

In the Old days the Oba of Lagos was called Olowo Eko which means the rich man of Lagos in Yoruba

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by majole: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2021
You are a thief. What are you doing with 2m usd at the Palace? Difficult to find a honest leader in Nigeria. They all lie a lot
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Akiara: 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
SEE AS SMALL BOY HOLD "OBA" JAW??

TOMORROW THEM GO SAY ..IGBO DEY BEAT THEIR PAPA...BUT YORUBA GER RESPECT!!

Wiseandtrue:
[b]We now know those who benefitted from Tinubu's 2 bullion vans undecided
[/b]

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Christistruth00: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Akiara:
SO THE OBA ...

BASED ON HIS USELESS TAXATION POLICIES ON "IGBO DOMINATED MARKETS" UNDER HIS SO CALLED DOMAIN...HAS LEGITIMATELY AMASSED $2million??...

ANYWA, THIS SUPPORTS THE NOTION THAT THOSE YOU "HATE" THE IGBOs, ACTUALLY FEED YOUR OBA AND THE OTHER MISCREANTS THAT LITTER THE MARKETS SHOUTING "OWO-MI-DA"

WHEN BIAFRA COMES...THE OBA WILL EAT "GRAVEL"...

CHAI.....SO IGBO PEOPLE GET MONEY LIKE THIS?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lagos has no Business with Biafra
or is Lagos Igboland?

The Traditon of Yoruba Obas being the Owners of all Markets in their Domain is at least 1000 years Old.

Research it.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Tetrahedron: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ole Oba
Agbero Oba
Shameless Oba
grin grin grin
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Akiara: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
I DONT DISPUTE THAT ...THE ISSUE HERE IS ...

THE PEOPLE YOU "CLAIM" HIJACKED THE "ENDSARS" PROTEST ARE THE SAME "PEOPLE" WHOM YOUR "LAZY" AND DSYFUNCTIONAL OBA ...TAXES FOR SURVIVAL...TO THE EXTENT HE WAS ABLE TO AMASS $2 MILLION...?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BIAFRA WILL DEFINITELY COME ...THEN THIS SAME "OBA" WILL JUMP INTO THE LAGOON TO GET HIS $2MILLION...

BY THE WAY ...HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR "WATERY BEANS" DELICACY?? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Christistruth00:

Lagos has no Business with Biafra

The Traditon of Yoruba Obas being the Owners of all Markets in their Domain is at least 1000 years Old.

Research it.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by Christistruth00: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
Akiara:
I DONT DISPUTE THAT ...THE ISSUE HERE IS ...

THE PEOPLE YOU "CLAIM" HIJACKED THE "ENDSARS" PROTEST ARE THE SAME "PEOPLE" WHOM YOUR "LAZY" AND DSYFUNCTIONAL OBA ...TAXES FOR SURVIVAL...TO THE EXTENT HE WAS ABLE TO AMASS $2 MILLION...?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BIAFRA WILL DEFINITELY COME ...THEN THIS SAME "OBA" WILL JUMP INTO THE LAGOON TO GET HIS $2MILLION...

BY THE WAY ...HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR "WATERY BEANS" DELICACY?? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not to be disrespectful but the Obas of Lagos were already booming in boomtown long before those you mentioned ever even knew there was a place called Lagos
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by GamalNasser: 12:19am On Mar 04, 2021
This one has just indicted himself of Money laundering charges without knowing ...Your enemies have taken note and they will use it against you at the right time
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by amazingspiderma: 1:23am On Mar 04, 2021
So this man had such cash at home.
He should be charged for money laundering.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu by BombAttack(f): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Oba of Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu Order All Students To Recite The Oodua Anthem In Their Schools / 2023 Presidency: APC Has No Agreement To Zone Power To The South- Yahaya Bello / Employees Of 5 South-east States Govt May Lose Retirement Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.