Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? (625 Views)

Unexpected 600k Alert On My Phone This Morning, Pls Advice / Baba Ijesha Rape Case: I Will Lead A Protest For Princess Arrest- Yomi Fabiyi / Dss Case:i Will Petition Yahaya Idris Toto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Satoshidex: 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good day nairalanders..
Forgive me for using a brand new account and pardon the lengthy Write up and typo's..... I have quite the story to tell

I've always been the silent reading type here on nairaland.. but for the first time in my life I feel like bringing up a personal issue here on nairaland... feel free to insult me and advice me.. we're all Nigerians afterall..

Im an undergraduate and I own a POS and a retail gas station..

On the 10th of feb there was a burial going on in my street unfortunately for me I was the one present at my shop as my sales attendant hasn't come back from the Christmas holiday which he claimed to have traveled for... there was this lady who came with a firstbank atm card requesting a withdrawal of 20k including charges to make it a total of 20300.. I initiated the transaction with my "paycenter" pinpad. And it came back as an error stating "issuer or switch inoperative" errors like this are usually problems with the bank or maybe theres a network downtime at the time or transaction... this lady pleaded with me to try another transaction after I warned her first bank is having issues with their network and the transaction will not be successful... although i obliged to her request, the result came back as an error for the second time..

She left came back and ask if I would accept bank transfer.. which I accepted.. I gave her my gtbank details got an alert from her almost immediately and gave her the sum of 20k..

now here's where the trouble started

In less than an hour after the transaction.. 2 men came to my shop telling me their sister initiated a transaction here and she got debited twice.. I checked the debit alert.. and I simply told them the debit isn't from my terminal.. and I asked if she had gone somewhere else to try to initiate any transaction before coming to my shop.. they denied..... I took a closer look at the debit alert saw a strange pos name "HUGE AVENUE/POS ... I told them debit alerts from me will not display such name.. as I only make use of paycenter but I promised to assist them by contacting the paycenter customer support... I asked the man holding the phone
To access the firstbank application in the device which he agreed to.. immediately we saw a refund of 20k form this same POS "HUGE AVENUE/POS" ... in the firstbank application... I told him 20k has been refunded and its left just the second 20k..

I proceeded by contacting the paycenter customer support on their application but I didn't get any response from them at the time....

Not less than 15 minutes this same man came with a mob of guys saying I'm in trouble that 500k was debited from the account again from this same "HUGE AVENUE/POS.. in the process of me trying to calm down the mob.. the money got credited into the bank account again.. I told them I dont use this "HUGE AVENUE/pos and there may be some misunderstanding here... as things was started to settle down the party attendants who came all the way from lagos.. including their so called pastor.. all rushed into my store calling me a thief that I have access to the account and I'm trying to steal the money in the account.. the man boasted he has friend from DSS and he's going to call them down all the way from lagos to arrest me that I'm a Yahoo boy and I have someone working with me trying to steal the money in the account... I can clearly remember one of them telling me if I've ever held 500k in my life before... lol.....cry grin "see insult"

they didn't even know I'm the owner of the shop because I'm a young guy in my early 20s.. it would have taken a little spark for these guys to mob me at that point... so being a guy who hate violence I was trying to calm them down even my gf and my neighbor's where all their pleading on my behalf.. I told them you already got a reversal of the 500k it's just left the previous 20k which was debited twice and one of them has also been refunded to your account...infact the entire burial was put to an halt.. as their pastor immediately became a mob leader telling me I will rot in jail... that I am a thief... I called a friend to help me call the police in the area because things was fast getting out of hand.. she got back to me saying the police is refusing to come to us.. saying we should come to their station.. but how do I tell a angry mob who're already trying to rip of my shirt.. the sister to the woman who owns the bank account is already hitting my face at this time...

Luck on my side the chairman in the area where my shop is located intervened.. but he said he's not supporting me.. as he doesnt know what young people do with their computer these days.... but he pleaded with them to let me go that he will make sure they get their 20k reserved back to their account..

I went back home.. thinking about what happened.. I couldn't sleep... I put in a call to first bank explaining what happened and they told me to visit any of the first bank branches in the area with the victim.. I called the victim that night, her husband picked the call and told me we will all visit the bank tomorrow... NOTE he confessed to me that night that they've used the card to make purchase of items in preparation for the party they were attending .. so this may all just be a misunderstanding.. and that I shouldn't worry they'll get the the buttom of this.. which they also promised to come to the bank with me the next day

As early as 6:30 I left my home for the bank calling the owner of the bank account ... she told me she cant come because she is burying her mother that day.. I told her madam your husband and brothers have accused me of attempting to steal your money and I have to get to the buttom of this issue.. she told me to wait their at the bank that she will meet me their..

I was the 7th person to reach the bank that day.. I called her again 9:30 am and she said shes on her way to the church for her mother's bury called her at 11:30am she told me she's on her way to the cemetery and confessed to me that she has received reversal for all the money that was deducted from her account and i shouldn't worry about what happened anymore.. but i disagreed with her. I told her your friends and family called me a thief that day attempting to lynch me .. I waited at the bank till 1:30pm that was when I got a call from my gf.. saying the chairman of the area wants to speak with me and I told him all what has happened today he was furious and told me to come to his house.. he told me he's going to meet them at the wedding reception.. and told me to wait for him at my shop... he came back told me they said they wont be able to go to the bank because they've received all their money .. and they have a sister who work at the bank and issues POS machine to customer that they will have her investigate what really happend .. whether I had any connection to the money deducted from their account or not.. but the chairman told me something he told them... he said who is attempting to steal from you will not debit your account and then refund the account again.. that means theres a mistake somewhere.. I know not where theyve taken their card to, before coming to my shop... all I wanted that day was for them to see their mistake and apologise not even to me but to my friends and neighbor's who they abused that night.. which they haven't done.. now they're trying to kill the matter saying they will do a private investigation...

I've received alot of advice from friends telling me to get them arrested that I have alot of evidence against them if I'm 100% sure the debits they received is not my doing..

1st) they harassed me .. calling me and my neighbor's thieves

2) they would have attempted to lynch me on the spot if I had tried to fight back

3) they know they've wrongfully accused me now they're trying to kill the issue like nothing serious ever happened..

Pls note even the lady who came to my shop with the card is not the owner of the card but just a relative who has details about the card... they never suspected If she may have anything to do with this... and she wasnt present when all of this was going on..

What happened that night is damaging to my name and my business.. there are alot of elderly people in that area who trust me blindingly and they do alot of bulk transactions with me and have never had any issues with me or missing fund before..

now I need your advice nairalanders

I have no faith in the Nigerian justice system.. do I press charges against them.. what would it cost me??

Do I just let it go

Alot of innocents have died because of issues like this.. I guess I'm just lucky to have survived this..

PLS NOTE ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT

mynd44, OAM4J

Pls do justice to this thread
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2021
Do you have video evidence of the assault? if yes, sue them for defamation of character/ false accusations. Note, this option is good only if you have money to waste but it will earn you your integrity back. Or

Move on as if nothing never happened. Note, this option may not fully earn you your integrity back but it will earn your peace and prevent wastage of money to corrupt Nigeria legal system and security operatives.

If I were you I will let God to be the judge. Sorry for your ordeal. It's part of life.

My little kobo.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by grim33(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Special advicers go soon show
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by chatinent: 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
Following.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
just let it go. it may cost u ur life or business. just move on like notn happened.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by BigYash: 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Use traditional level follow them.. Until they come begging you ,same way they disgraced you..
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by heniford2: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
time to cash out bros report the matter to Efcc if you don't have a lawyer get one that family has to pay no mercy do not give in be mean first arrest them then insist the case will be presented in law court for assault, framed, and image trashing two if the say the want outside court accept but the will have to write apology in two newspaper and pay you 200k for damage curse all you will see to the end, don't give in to there pleading because the will do so
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Mekudi: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
Edit your post and remove where you typed that you're into crypto which makes people think you're a Yahoo boy , Police may find a way to nail you with that statement oh.

If you can't afford to employ the service of a lawyer to help you get justice ,go spiritual ,with shikini money ,you can destroy the life of those bastards
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by HarunaWest(m): 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Na your fvck up sef..I for carry men go scatter their burial 1-1.....If the only way we can achieve peace is by ear, so be it.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by NaijaCover(m): 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
Tell more please
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Satoshidex: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
post=99028816:
Tell more please
How do I make contact??
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Satoshidex: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Do you have video evidence of the assault? if yes, sue them for defamation of character/ false accusations. Note, this option is good only if you have money to waste but it will earn you your integrity back. Or

Move on as if nothing never happened. Note, this option may not fully earn you your integrity back but it will earn your peace and prevent wastage of money to corrupt Nigeria legal system and security operatives.

If I were you I will let God to be the judge. Sorry for your ordeal. It's part of life.

My little kobo.
I have more than enough evidence.. the entire street was gathered that day... and I'm sure there are those to took video of what happened

And how much do you think I'm looking at here for a court case?? I'm not some deadbroke nigga and I want justice
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Queenslander(f): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
My dear, get them all arrested,. Find yourself a good lawyer,. Charge them to court for defamation of character,. Assault and public humiliation,. Lool.. your friends, neighbors, chairman and your girlfriend should be able to bear witness in court!!
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by NaijaCover(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
Satoshidex:

How do I make contact??

I'm , Bro
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by candyguyofficia(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

My little kobo.

The bolded part is the problem with this country. Satoshidex sue them for every last penny that they worth right up to the cost of their underwear.
Let me tell you how you can go about it without spending much (if you are scared of the cost):

A) Visit any Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) chamber in your locality or any law chamber, tell them what happened and how the accused has greatly maliciously defamed your reputation and that of your business and that you seek justice but greatly limited by funds. They would most likely handle the case pro bono, chambers normally do this because to attain the rank of SAN the chamber has to do some human right case(s) pro bono.

After a letter from the Chamber to the accused the accused would most likely apologise in a newspaper publication widely circulated in your vicinity and engage in some other form of restitution like paying for damages and legal fee you may have incurred from seeking redress. (Like the recent Cuppy matter). All these can end in court if they don't follow what the Chamber letter states.

Once they issue the apology in a publication I would advise you buy as much copy of the publication and paste a page of the apology on your work place.

Seek justice by all legal means even if it means crying to the press, trust me if the money wasn't refunded right now as I type you would most likely be in a police cell

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2021
POS wahala,,,, just be careful with them, please.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Satoshidex: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
candyguyofficia:

The bolded part is the problem with this country. Satoshidex sue them for every last penny that they worth right up to the cost of their underwear.
Let me tell you how you can go about it without spending much (if you are scared of the cost):

A) Visit any Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) chamber in your locality or any law chamber, tell them what happened and how the accused has greatly maliciously defamed your reputation and that of your business and that you seek justice but greatly limited by funds. They would most likely handle the case pro bono, chambers normally do this because to attain the rank of SAN the chamber has to do some human right case(s) pro bono.

After a letter from the Chamber to the accused the accused would most likely apologise in a newspaper publication widely circulated in your vicinity and engage in some other form of restitution like paying for damages and legal fee you may have incurred from seeking redress. (Like the recent Cuppy matter). All these can end in court if they don't follow what the Chamber letter states.

Once they issue the apology in a publication I would advise you buy as much copy of the publication and paste a page of the apology on your work place.

Seek justice by all legal means even if it means crying to the press, trust me if the money wasn't refunded right now as I type you would most likely be in a police cell

Thank you very much for your contribution sir.. I've noted your quote... I already told them I'm giving them the grace of 1 week to do their investigations and get back to me.. if they dont get back to me and do the needful.... then I'll pick this issue from where they left it myself... thank God I know their family compound.. as it is, I'm travelling back to my home state to see my parents... just need to get my head off all this madness for some days....
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Flexherbal(m): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
I hate oppression!
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Exmilitant(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
Op, let the matter be. Some people has had one or two ugly encounters with POS operatives. The trust for you guys is no more there. They reacted same way anyone in similar situation would react. Kpele! Some bad eggs don spoil una.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Satoshidex: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
Exmilitant:
Op, let the matter be. Some people has had one or two ugly encounters with POS operatives. The trust for you guys is no more there. They reacted same way anyone in similar situation would react. Kpele! Some bad eggs don spoil una.
This isn't about trust... in situations like this any normal person would simply call the police and get this settled in the station.. but instead they choose to bring up a mob of both old and young men... what kind of a pastor leads a mob?? Telling me they'll beat me up take me to dss and make sure I'll never see the light of day again.. lol.. the problem of Nigeria is truly the people.... a friend of mine who tried to defend me was almost beaten to stupor .. over this false accusation... people get killed in situations like this.. jungle justice is bad..

If you dont trust POS attendants then simply locate the nearest ATM machine to avoid needless trouble
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Exmilitant(m): 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
Satoshidex:

This isn't about trust... in situations like this any normal person would simply call the police and get this settled in the station.. but instead they choose to bring up a mob of both old and young men... what kind of a pastor leads a mob?? Telling me they'll beat me up take me to dss and make sure I'll never see the light of day again.. lol.. the problem of Nigeria is truly the people.... a friend of mine who tried to defend me was almost beaten to stupor .. over this false accusation... people get killed in situations like this.. jungle justice is bad..

If you dont trust POS attendants then simply locate the nearest ATM machine to avoid needless trouble
I am insisting you let go and move on. Unless you have enough money and time to waste running around. Just let go man, pretend the sh.it never happened.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by chinaka98295: 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Na your fvck up sef..I for carry men go scatter their burial 1-1.....If the only way we can achieve peace is by ear, so be it.
Re: Pls Advice.. Is This A Case I Can Win?? by Nostradamus: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
chinaka98295:
doing that may land him in serious trouble.

(1) (Reply)

Poorest Rappers! Rappers Who Went Broke! / Missing Person Alert; She Was Invited To A Job Interview But Hasn’t Come Back / Delivery Men Captured Stealing From Customers Delivery In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.