Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3793 Views)

Man Warms Hearts Of Many As He Serenades His Wife At Her 50th Birthday(video) / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by faithfull18(f): 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
RSVP:

You're very correct.
I borrowed a colleague of mine 5k just a week before the pay day and he almost swear he would definitely pay back as soon as he receive his salary. . I was convinced and transfer the amount to him.
Would you believe this man received the salary and came to tell me his salary was slashed blah blah blah. I kept my cool for 2 days and he doesn't mention the money he borrowed. I asked him and he said he forgot his USSD pin and won't be able to do transfer but he will send the money when he got home later that evening.. I was very furious and began to call him before he send me my money..

I began to wonder why some people are being so difficult to pay back what they borrow.
Shey you got yours back. I have been on a case for over a year now. I wonder how the loan companies survive sometimes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by RSVP: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
faithfull18:

Shey you got yours back. I have been on a case for over a year now and it's no small amount. I wonder how the loan companies survive sometimes.

I kuku collect ham oo but just last week I foolishly borrowed someone else 10k again undecided

Now I been deh reason he may disappoint me this next Friday... I don't blame people who doesn't want to help sometimes.. Nigeria is filled with wicked souls in disguise.

4 Likes

Re: . by faithfull18(f): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
RSVP:

I kuku collect ham oo but just last week I foolishly borrowed someone else 10k again undecided

Now I been deh reason he may disappoint me this next Friday... I don't blame people who doesn't want to help sometimes.. Nigeria is filled with wicked souls in disguise.
Lol, it's not been foolish, it's just that most Nigerians aren't creditworthy and they make the few good ones refuse others help.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Karleb:

Don't mind that fellow.

Don't pay them. Funny thing is the amount might not be up to 50k.

#50k ke angry. It's just #9k oo. Money is money though but dem no try at all.

Thanks for your concern. How are we celebrating Lalasticlala's Birthday? May God uphold the day. Una don know be that oo grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
faithfull18:

You should have considered that before defaulting. Most Nigerians are very inconsiderate and wicked when it comes to paying back what they begged to borrow. The loan company didn't do wrong. You can't run business with sentiments in this part of the world if not they get runned down and the same people would be wondering why they didn't survive.

I am sure you didn't read the terms and conditions before going ahead to take the loan.

After begging to collect loans, when it's time to pay, they start telling stories for the gods and telling their creditors to go and do their worse like they forced anybody to take the loans.

O ti go ju. I doubt you value your family name. What goes around comes around. When your own plight arrives, I would be here to encourage you & not to condemn you. Well, It might not be debt-related. If not for Lalasticlala's Baiday that is close, I for call thunder to come fire you for NL.

The money people owe me can pay your salary twice,,,, but I am not wickedly wicked like you.

1 Share

Re: . by gozzlin: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

Aisan wa lara e.

Mind you, when I have, I do not only lend out but also give,,,,, offline & online. You don't expect me to start giving you the list of people owing me, do you I doubt you could joke with a dime. I have a proof here on NL. If you have any, show me the post where you willingly gave a dime to any needy on NL. This is just a bridge I'm destined to cross. Quote me & beg for alm in the nearest future, I am definitely gonna be 10x better than you,,,, supo arogo mu.

Acagon tongue

Anakọgheri. Jee kwụọ ụgwọ ị ji ka ị nwere onwe gị. Ị nọrọ ebe a na-akọ ka onye e gbuwara isi. undecided

Oga go clear your loan and stop yarning dust. You came here to tell us how wicked your creditor is for asking you to repay your loan. What does that make you? Are you not a criminal for refusing to pay? All this gibberish you are posting here makes zero sense.

I hope they arrest your miserable ass so you cool off in jail.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
gozzlin:

Anakọgheri. Jee kwụọ ụgwọ ị ji ka ị nwere onwe gị. Ị nọrọ ebe a na-akọ ka onye e gbuwara isi. undecided

Anakọgheri. Jee kwụọ ụgwọ ị ji ka ị nwere onwe gị. Ị nọrọ ebe a na-akọ ka onye e gbuwara isi iwo na grin
Re: . by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
RSVP:

You're very correct.
I borrowed a colleague of mine 5k just a week before the pay day and he almost swear he would definitely pay back as soon as he receive his salary. . I was convinced and transfer the amount to him.
Would you believe this man received the salary and came to tell me his salary was slashed blah blah blah. I kept my cool for 2 days and he doesn't mention the money he borrowed. I asked him and he said he forgot his USSD pin and won't be able to do transfer but he will send the money when he got home later that evening.. I was very furious and began to call him before he send me my money..

I began to wonder why some people are being so difficult to pay back what they borrow.

Always be glad & pray to be in position to lend, bro. For someone like me, owing another is a torment to my soul. I no dey chop another's with mine. That's why I even intended to pay them again despite that my account was already debited during the so called failed repayment. In this case,,, ,,, it's fate having its way. They went too much though.

Just heard about the loss of a brother I grew up with in the ghetto. Died in the struggle for survival.

Observing a minute silence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

May his soul find eternal rest. He's no longer bothered about the worries of life. He has escaped the wickedness of loan agents like faithfull18 angry
Re: . by faithfull18(f): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

O ti go ju. I doubt you value your family name. What goes around comes around. When your own plight arrives, I would be here to encourage you & not to condemn you. Well, It might not be debt-related. If not for Lalasticlala's Baiday that is close, I for call thunder to come fire you for NL.

The money people owe me can pay your salary twice,,,, but I am not wickedly wicked like you.
Hahaha, wicked debtor, go and pay your debt.

People like you are the reason businesses shut down unexpectedly.

If you truly had integrity and valued your family name, you would have ensured you paid your debt as agreed.

Online millionaire, like the loan company forced you to take the loan.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
faithfull18:

Hahaha
Lol @bolded.

Looks like you forgot you aren't dragging words with your co-tenant grin

Abeg,,, go one side,, I dey mourn person at the moment joor. I no get strength to argue. Don't quote me again ooo. Respect the dead if you can't respect the living.
Re: . by dobnina(f): 5:53am On Feb 15, 2021
SirDelight:

By tarnishing my family reputation Well, the dignity of our family matters a lot. I don't know about yours
If you cared about your family reputation, you wouldn't have taken the loan.
You would have borrowed the money from your family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by dobnina(f): 5:58am On Feb 15, 2021
RSVP:

You're very correct.

I have learnt my lesson several times and its the reason y I am now very heartless.
I don't borrow people money again.
If you come to me with sob stories, before you finish your story, I would have started my own sob story too. You will even be pitying me.
I borrowed a close friend some amount of money, when it was time to pay back, I became her worst enemy on top my own money. I called and called plus series of messages.
Can you imagine, she blocked my line.
I had to let go of the money for my sanity.

4 Likes

Re: . by dobnina(f): 6:00am On Feb 15, 2021
RSVP:

Example is the OP that is coming here with one sided story to gain pity and sympathy from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2021
SirDelight:

By tarnishing my family reputation Well, the dignity of our family matters a lot. I don't know about yours

The same family that couldn't help you with a loan? If your family has any reputation to keep, they'll run around to repay that loan.

Sokoloan's approach to debt recovery is the best and most effective method in a country like Nigeria. Be thankful they only disgraced you by sending messages to your contact. Offline loan companies use force (police).

1 Like

Re: . by Bbbwings: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2021
SirDelight:
ATTENTION!MAKING THE FAMILY LIVES OF THE **** MISERABLE IS A THIEF FROM THEIR FAMILY WITH THE NAME ***** (0806134****) WHO STOLE MONEY FROM A COMPANY AND IS REFUSING TO PAY. THE PUBLIC IS WARNED OF THIS FAMILY AS THEY ARE KNOWN TO BE THIEVES. THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY SECURITIES

The SokoLoan agent called me on phone and I told her to be patient as I'm also running around to pay off the debt. I even said I would pay up everything with default charges. She hung up & started sending different threatening messages. The message above (bolded) was sent to all my contacts. I had to turn off my phone because the calls were too much. How would they correct this defamation after paying them?

I know they have many agents on this forum who would start defending them, but just know that "only God knows tomorrow". It's my turn today,,,, it could be yours tomorrow.

Dont be unfortunate.
Pay your debt

2 Likes

Re: . by Bbbwings: 10:16am On Feb 15, 2021
SirDelight:

Ori yin ti gbale, sir.

Agent of doom!
On top another persons money.
You still lhave the guts

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bbbwings:

Dont be unfortunate.
Pay your debt

Don't be unfortunate. Tell them to make corrective measures for the defamation before demanding payments. They can't eat their cake & still have it.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bbbwings:

On top another persons money.
You still lhave the guts

Take,,,,, maybe you go dey alright.

Re: . by bukatyne(f): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
dobnina:

Y did you take a loan when you are not sure if you will be able to pay back.
Didn't you read their terms and conditions before saying Yes to their loan.
Did Sokoloan put a gun to your head to take their loan.
You should have borrowed the money from your family or friends if you don't want any harassment.
You deserve all the insults and harassment.
Nigerians are the worst set of people to borrow money because when its time to pay back, you become their enemy.
If everybody is like you defaulting in their loan payment, where will you get your urgent 2k next time.
Don't ruin another man's business, go and pay your loan and stop looking for pity party on nairaland.

I am trying to understand why the OP opened this thread. If he was engaging them, I doubt they would resort to extreme measures to reach him.

Next time, the OP should pay them on time so he doesn't get harassed.

3 Likes

Re: . by Joodec(f): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
People are very,very wicked when in comes to returning money they borrowed.

That is how my friend ask me to do my worse just because I requested for my money.

You see this life eeh na God go help us

When they needed the money they will promise you heaven and earth but when it comes to time to pay,they find it offended by requesting for your money

2 Likes

Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
SirDelight:

It's your time to rant,,, continue!
I may not be there while you cry indoor.

You know not what tomorrow holds in stock for you, dear. Just as I never foresaw this moment. Take heart then just as I am doing now grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin
I swear, I don't know why that was funny to me grin

In an "unnatural" kinda way, I find difficult situations very amusing grin grin grin
Others be like "wetin dey make you laugh?" Me be like "How I wan take know na?" grin

Bros e, live your life with ease. No worry yourself too much.
You go remember these difficult moments wey shingbain no been dey hand and laugh your heart out some day.

1 Like

Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Nigerians do not consider debt repayment a priority and that's just it, so yes, it's a wish; or at best careless neglect. We think that our well being is better than that of others. When I first relocated back to Nigeria permanently, I fell for this shot so many times until I discovered that Nigerians do not consider debt as an obligation. Most are very capable of paying back, but they just don't. Those I loaned ranged from salary earners to friends who had businesses. You can see someone owing you N50k for 5 years throwing burial party of millions for his dead grandfather AND INVITING YOU SHAMELESSLY. There was a client of mine who owed me a mere N20K and refused to pay it until I had to purchase almost a million naira worth of goods from him, then wrote him a cheque deducting it over 6 years later. He was even telling me that my payment was incomplete until I reminded him of his 6 year old debt. So don't tell me it's not by their wish.

Even if it is poverty, those who do not have any guaranteed plan for repayment should beg for charity instead.

It still won't stop people like you from insulting them and making them feel little....as if it was their choice to be poor.
Re: . by NoToPile: 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2021
Whatever means they devise to collect their money is not supposed to be an issue, the issue is the debtor should pay the debt.

Nigerians generally don't like paying debt so I don't blame these loan companies with their strange methods getting loans back.

2 Likes

Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
RSVP:

You're very correct.

You're too impatient. Make room for grace period.

When you're gracious to others, others will be gracious to you.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

It still won't people like you from insulting them and making them feel little....as if it was their choice to be poor.

It was not their choice to be poor, but it is their choice to be untrustworthy. There are poor people everywhere in the world, but this poor debt repayment culture is unique to Africa.

And please don't make dumb assumptions about me. Where have I ever abused anyone for being poor? I have repeatedly said, even on this forum, that I respect those who work hard for their money, even if they fail to achieve much, because I know how much the cards are stacked against them. But fraudsters are not my favourite type of person at all. And debt defaulting has a very serious effect on the economy if it becomes endemic, because it increases risk and drives the cost of borrowings to skyrocket.

mariahAngel:

You're too impatient. Make room for grace period.

When you're gracious to others, others will be gracious to you.

Do you think that people just have money lying around to be forming World Bank for others that don't understand how to fulfill promises? He may have a budget which is planned contingent to his receiving the 5k as at promised. Not everyone has the luxury of being capable of leaving idle money in the hands of all his so called friends and acquaintances.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
One of the 2021 resolution is no more borrowing of any loan whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin
I swear, I don't know why that was funny to me grin

In an "unnatural" kinda way, I find difficult situations very amusing grin grin grin
Others be like "wetin dey make you laugh?" Me be like "How I wan take know na?" grin

Bros e, live your life with ease. No worry yourself too much.
You go remember these difficult moments wey shingbain no been dey hand and laugh your heart out some day.

@bolded,,,, AMEN!

Thanks for concern.

Don't mind those things. They think life is a bed of roses. I have the monikers of those Mr & Mrs Perfects listed already. On this NL, I would be available to give each of them some words of encouragement (not condemnation) when life turns its ugly side at them. I just hope they would seek advice here & die not,,,, in silence cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
bukatyne:

I am trying to understand why the OP opened this thread. If he was engaging them, I doubt they would resort to extreme measures to reach him.

Next time, the OP should pay them on time so he doesn't get harassed.

Please don't get me wrong. We have the likes of Carbon, Branch & some others who are very professional & mindful in their dealings.
How many people have come online to say anything bad about them?
Aren't people owing them at all?
Don't they need money to keep their company running?

I would have loved to show you our chats but I won't for privacy. This money has been deducted from my accounts sef (when I tried repaying through Sokoloan App) & not effected. I accepted my faith & decided to repay the money because it's already a day overdue before I made the payment. It was due on Feb. 3 & I made the payment on Feb. 4,,,, I'm a thoughtful person & I hardly throw blames around. My fault was not paying it on Feb. 3. All my plea to be patient while I sort things out felt on deaf ears. I'm not stupid/dubious. I can't be indebted & be abusive to my lender; others may do,,, I can't. I've heard & read so many about the company but what would be would be. In fact, a friend who received the message said he would forward the money to me only if he receives another message from them clearing me of the stealing accusation.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
angelusbrut:
One of the 2021 resolution is no more borrowing of any loan whatsoever

May God grant your heart desire & make you a giver.

This tops my prayer request for this year, too.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

It still won't people like you from insulting them and making them feel little....as if it was their choice to be poor.

Una dey mind him?
And when one begs, their likes are quick to call one a shameless beggar. Should dying be the only way out of difficult moment?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
NoToPile:
Whatever means they devise to collect their money is not supposed to be an issue, the issue is the debtor should pay the debt.

Nigerians generally don't like paying debt so I don't blame these loan companies with their strange methods getting loans back.

Here yourself,,,, whatever method,,, like calling the whole family a thief Just imagine you receive a message & see your whole family tagged thieves jist because a relative took a loan & couldn't pay.

A drummer should know whether he drums well or not if he doesn't have hearing deficiency
Re: . by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
NoToPile:

Hear yourself,,,, whatever method,,, like calling the whole family a thief Just imagine you receive a message & see your whole family tagged thieves just because a relative took a loan & couldn't pay.

A drummer should know whether he drums well or not if he doesn't have hearing deficiency

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Hate To Say This / Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!! / How To Understand The Male Ego (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.