Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland (957 Views)

Be Careful Of These Scammers On Nairaland-See List / Lists Of Scammers On Telegram / Lady Falls For Scammers On Attempt To Help A Fake Sick Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Today makes it exactly five days since I was duped by one Gabriel Ajuya here on Nairaland.
His nairaland username is abcond. We met on nairaland POS thread and he claimed to be an OPAY super agent.
On Tuesday 9th February, 2021 I paid the sum of 23,000 naira into his OPAY wallet account for OPAY POS TERMINAL. After receiving the money, he switched off his phone the next day he was supposed to send my item.
I was able to get him on his other line days later, only for him to insult me on top my money.
Below are his OPAY WALLET & WEMA BANK ACCOUNTS DETAILS.

OPAY:
Gabriel Ajuya

WEMA BANK:
Gabriel Ajuya.

THE SCAMMER's PHONE NUMBERS:
Attached are some screen shots of our chats on whatsapp and nairaland.
Mods please help move this topic to front page to help create more awareness.
CC: Mynd44,OAM4J and others.

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
More chat screen shots.

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
Boys are not smiling these days
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
He just spoil his generation on top 25k

Sorry op God will judge him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by NairalandSARS: 12:05am On Feb 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Today makes it exactly five days since I was duped by one Gabriel Ajuya here on Nairaland.
His nairaland username is abcond. We met on nairaland POS thread and he claimed to be an OPAY super agent.
On Tuesday 9th February, 2021 I paid the sum of 23,000 naira into his OPAY wallet account for OPAY POS TERMINAL. After receiving the money, he switched off his phone the next day he was supposed to send my item.
I was able to get him on his other line days later, only for him to insult me on top my money.

OPAY:
Gabriel Ajuya

WEMA BANK:
Gabriel Ajuya.

You see person wey him name na abscond, yet you do business with am.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 4:34am On Feb 14, 2021
NairalandSARS:

You see person wey him name na absond, yet you do business with am.
Lol.
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Revolva(m): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

OPAY:
Gabriel Ajuya

WEMA BANK:
Gabriel Ajuya.

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 7:02am On Feb 14, 2021
Revolva:

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by clericuzzio(m): 8:30am On Feb 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

OPAY:
Gabriel Ajuya

WEMA BANK:
Gabriel Ajuya.

Chat with Union Bank and provide the evidence of all these. They will block that account, then pay a police officer 10k to get a court injunction to freeze all the bastards account traced via BVN

Simole
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2021
clericuzzio:

Chat with Union Bank and provide the evidence of all these. They will block that account, then pay a police officer 10k to get a court injunction to freeze all the bastards account traced via BVN

Simole
The scammer's account is OPAY. I sent the money using my union bank account.
The scammer provided WEMA BANK details but I opted not to credit his WEMA Bank Account since we don't have WEMA BANK account here in GOMBE. So he provided his OPAY wallet account details.
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by clericuzzio(m): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

The scammer's account is OPAY. I sent the money using my union bank account.
The scammer provided WEMA BANK details but I opted not to credit his WEMA Bank Account since we don't have WEMA BANK account here in GOMBE. So he provided his OPAY wallet account details.

Report to opay then
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by Jimmyubah2: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2021
clericuzzio:

Report to opay then
I am trying to get OPAY customer Service unit number or email who handles such issues.
I haven't gotten yet.
But I am still on it. No matter how long it will take me, I won't mind. I just wanna make sure the scammer is dealt with.
Re: Beware Of Pos Terminal Scammers On Nairaland by clericuzzio(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

I am trying to get OPAY customer Service unit number or email who handles such issues.
I haven't gotten yet.
But I am still on it. No matter how long it will take me, I won't mind. I just wanna make sure the scammer is dealt with.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OPay_NG?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Captures Footage Of Robbery At A Popular Salon In Lagos Island / A Frauder Sent Me This Just Now.. / Unical Law Lecturer Caught In Exam Malpractice During Bar Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.