Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll (184 Views)

The Gregorian Calendar Is Not A “christian” Calendar. / How I Celebrate Valentine, By Pastor Adeboye (photo) / VALENTINE:THIS 5 Countries Don't Celebrate Valentine Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll by gabbijason(m): 7:11am On Feb 14, 2021
I am currently doing a little research and writeup on this subject. The question is 'should a Christian join in the celebration of valentine? Either married or unmarried!

Re: Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 14, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Some people will come with thier laws from the Bible that a Christian should not celebrate Val. If you are one of the above please don't celebrate Christmas as well.

To me personally, Val is not something one should be conscience about. You can create your own Val day, the fact every body is doing some thing at a particular time doesn't mean you must fit in.

Val is love, but the reason why most people or Christian castigate it, is because the evil people commit on that day. They use sexual immorality to seal it and that is why most pastors would caution thier church member not to celebrate it because they might be tempted to commit sin.

I don't fancy Val or whatever, if am dating a girl, I will do my Val any day, if am married I will do like wise.

So in essence Val is not bad to celebrate as Christians in as much you celebrate to the glory of God. You can attend a youth meetings/ Christian love feast and so on to learn new things in God.

This my verdict!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll by gabbijason(m): 7:25am On Feb 14, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Some people will come with thier laws from the Bible that a Christian should not celebrate Val. If you are one of the above please don't celebrate Christmas too.

To me personally, Val is not something one should be conscience about. You can create your own Val day, the fact every body is doing some thing at a particular time doesn't mean you must fit in.

Val is love but the reason why most people or Christian castigate it, is because the evil people commit on that day. The use sexual immorality to seal it and that is why most pastors would caution thier church member not to celebrate it because they might be tempted to commit sin.

I don't fancy Val or whatever, if am dating a girl, I will do my Val any day, if am married I will do like wise.

So in essence Val is not bad to celebrate as Christians in as much you celebrate to the glory of God. You can attend a youth meetings/ Christian love feast and so on to learn new things in God.

This my verdict!!

Quite interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Christian Celebrate Valentine Day? #christianpoll by Madibah(m): 7:53am On Feb 14, 2021
Yes, Christian is crazy

(1) (Reply)

Extended Special Public Work Program January Payment / Things To Consider And Shoe Trends At Online Shoe Stores / Juliusmalema Pls Give Me The Cost Estimate For Painting My Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.