Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,750 members, 7,955,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

The Friend You Should Be - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Friend You Should Be (115 Views)

Seven Kinds Of Friend You Must Associate With / Abraham The Friend Of God, Was He A Muslim Or Christian ? / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Friend You Should Be by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 14, 2021
The friend you should be

(Prov 18:24 kjv) “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”

1. Don’t have friends because of what to get from them. It’s selfish and wicked (Prov 19:4,6 kjv).

2. Don’t hang out with worldly people that makes you feel spiritual. Ask yourself this “what do you have in common with them?” Iron sharpeneth iron (Prov 27:17 kjv).

3. Show me your friends and I will show you your future. (I’ve forgotten who I got this quote from).

4. A friend is someone that wants better for you than you want for yourself.

5. A friend will not be in agreement with what you’re doing if it is the wrong thing to do. (e.g. internet fraud, prostitution, fornication, etc..).

6. Expectations always lead to disappointments. Unsolicited advice is never heated. Just be gracious with others as God has been gracious with you.

7. If you look at those around you, and they are not pushing you closer to Jesus Christ, then they are pulling you away from Jesus Christ. That’s what gravity does.

8. Even Jesus Christ didn’t have perfect friends (John 13:1-5 kjv). So be gracious to your friends.

9. The Lord called his disciples His friends (John 15:15 kjv).

10. The Lord also served His friends. E.g. washing their feets. See (Phil 2:5-9 kjv).

11. Esteem others better than yourself (Phil 2:3 kjv).

12. The Lord prayed and interceded for Peter (Luke 22:31-32 kjv). Pray for your friends. If the Lord didn’t intercede for the disciples, there won’t even be the books of Peter, John, etc..

13. (Rom 8:26-27,34 kjv) The Lord making intercession for us. We can’t even see the forces against us. If it weren’t for Jesus Christ interceding for us, there wont even be a church. What a friend we have in Jesus.

14. How many times have you gone to God to intercede for a friend?

15. Understand that we are in a ring with the enemy every day. They want to take our heads off. (The enemy – the devil, the world, and our flesh).

(1) (Reply)

As You Travel Through Life / "Whereby They Have Made Thee Glad." / Back Or Front Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.