Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo (21461 Views)

Gunmen Kill Three Policemen In Anambra, Set Patrol Van Ablaze / Gunmen Kill Three Police Officers In Ebonyi, Cart Away Rifles / Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Edo, Set Farmlands Worth N600m Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by CaPpaDonNa: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
Suspected Fulani herdsmen on Saturday night attacked some farmers at Ijugbere in the Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State, killing three of them.

This comes two days after a clash between the operatives of the Ondo State Security Network, popularly known as Amotekun, and armed herders in the same LGA, which led to the death of two villagers.

Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu on Agriculture, Akin Olotu, confirmed the killing to SaharaReporters.

“Yes, it’s true, three people were killed, the place is becoming like Zamfara. Those accusing the governor of ordering illegal occupants of the forest to vacate the place, I think they should be charged as accomplices,” Olotu told SaharaReporters.

“It obvious these bandits are ready for war. That’s why the governor said if you are a cattle rearer, let us know you, disclose your identity. Let us know where you come from, let us know who own your cattle. It’s so sad.”

Last month, Akeredolu, governor of the state, issued a seven-day quit notice to the herdsmen operating illegally in the state’s forest reserves.

Apart from ejecting the herdsmen, the governor also banned underage grazing, night grazing, and movement of cattle within the cities and on highways.

The governor had said, "Today, we have taken major steps at addressing the root cause of kidnapping, in particular, and other nefarious activities detailed and documented in security reports, the press, and debriefings from victims of kidnap cases in Ondo State.

"As the chief law and security officer of the state, it is my constitutional obligation to do everything lawful to protect the lives and property of all residents of the state. In light of the foregoing, the following orders are hereby issued: All forest reserves in the state are to be vacated by herdsmen within the next seven days with effect from today, Monday, January 18, 2021."

The issue generated an uproar and after a meeting with different stakeholders, Akeredolu asked herdsmen to register with the government so that they can operate unhindered in the forest reserves.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/14/breaking-fulani-herdsmen-kill-three-farmers-ondo

1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Omoslim26: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Bad

The Sw should borrow a leaf from Us and declare open grazing banned every other region should do same

I hope dis people know that their brother will not be president forever

even though it's not all fulani that are bad the good ones should better start participating in ensuring dat the bloody bad ones are brought to book

Wat a useless govt we have before us

88 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by sweetonugbu: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
Wahala de like bicycle e no de finish, areas youths will not comment now.

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Makemefit12op(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Is this the retaliation the miyetti Allah promised the yorubas.lols the chicken has come home to roast.
Anyway what do I know,is a family problem.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Nairalandwizerd(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Buhari is a Terrorist

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Mraphel: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Endless killing everywhere

The Fulani herdsmen killers are the ones putting the innocent Fulani in danger.

A time will come when no Fulani will be in the southern part of Nigeria anymore if killing doesn't stop

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Amotolongbo(f): 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hope the Miyetti Allah group and Arewa whatever won’t cone out to spew rubbish when we give them back in the same fate

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Racoon(m): 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
Gush! This is why I hate the wicked souls esp.the so called Christians under this satanic government.You all got blood on your hands

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Racoon(m): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Senseless bloodshed killings everywhere across this nation by these same brutes.Where are those sai baba zombies on this forum?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by IamAtikulate: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
They were busy killing innocent Hausas while fulanis are running rampage on their lands.

RIP to the dead.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Lavisha(f): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
may devil punish cow
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by tungamaje: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
I was thinking by now Yoruba youths would have stormed the forests. Are there no youths in Yorubaland?

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ok...

Suspected Fulani herdsmen on Saturday night attacked some farmers at Ijugbere in the Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State, killing three of them.

@ the emboldened, that's Sahara Reporters' opinion... In my own opinion, I think the 'suspected killers' are Yoruba ritualists... Not sure though. So we'll wait until the true identities of the killers are unraveled. Until then, we're merely "suspicious"..

Nigeria go better.

justosee:
something tells me Yoruba are on a campaign against Fulani herdsmen

Gbam! "A campaign of calumny!" ... That's the voice of God, my brother.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by slawormiir: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Daum: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
How the educated ones think

Imagine how the uneducated ones will now think

I remember wayback in 2012, I had the fine black Aboki. He was from Mali, he was my friend then. He told me that Nigeria belongs to the Fulani and they can come and do whatever they like at any or anyday

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by oluwasegun007(m): 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Me am patiently waiting for when the red chambers would ask that important question.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Built2last: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
When will this stop
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by nextBIGthing: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
I
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by greatiyk4u(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
Again?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Mayng01(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
This will never end well
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by nanauju(f): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
I Don comot hand for anything wey concern fulani herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by revived: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Heheeee
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by etrouble: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nonsense without ingredients.

The farmers should stand up, pick arms and ammunition and confront the desert warriors instead of just wailing.

Everything is fair in war. The blood sucking vampires from the Sahara desert have launched different attacks at different times, Agbekoya, Afenifere, OPC, NUTRW should confront and wipe out the desert warriors instead of just complaining all over the internet.

This isn’t the first time tribes and races fight. There are still fightings and destruction in Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Kuwait, Northen Russia, China, Congo, Zaire, CAR, Sudan, Mali, Libya, e.t.c.

Confront the Fulanis or shut the fucck up and wait in your house to be slaughtered like goats by the Fulanis

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Warripikine: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
C
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by papilo700: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Focusmind: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nawao! Who supplies them with ammunition? Agreed that gun could be gotten or stolen somewhere. What happens when they need bullet? Where do they get the bullets from? Gun without bullet is useless. What it means is that there may be an official pipeline of bullets supply.

Our DSS, NSO, intelligence, NSCD and others should be smart enough to know the source.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by omoadeleye(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Mehn.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
something tells me Yoruba are on a campaign against Fulani herdsmen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by Coronavirus84: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
Herdsmen has taking over the south west

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo by heartbraker(m): 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
A

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha: The Race For Atiku's Running Mate / Six Nigerian Governors' Wives Cover ThisDay Style Magazine (Photos) / Anxiety Over Rumoured Resignation Of Adamu As APC National Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.