Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically (19301 Views)

Fayose: I Will Not Watch Tinubu Pulled Down / Fayose: I Will Be At EFCC Today With My Bedclothes, Pillowcase / Fayose: "I Am A Big Boy Like Orji Kalu, Tinubu" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by bolaayenimo: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose on Sunday said he is qualified to be referred to as the father of Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, monitored by Daily Independent, Fayose said while he respects Makinde by virtue of his position, he is a leader to the Oyo governor by virtue of seniority, having been elected as governor in 2003 when Makinde was 32 years old.

He said Makinde cannot claim to be his leader just like Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu cannot claim to be the leader of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Lagos or Governor Nyesom Wike claiming to be the leader of former Rivers state governor, Peter Odili.

“I am not into any leadership struggle with Governor Makinde but the fact is, Governor Makinde cannot come out and say he is my leader. He is not. The fact is that if my son is coming and he is a governor, I have to get up because it is the norm”.
“The gentleman is a governor and I must respect his office. Governor Makinde by all standards is the only PDP governor in the West . But all South-South PDP governor, who is their leader? Because he is the only one we have I used to be like that but I never said to anyone, I am the leader of the west. But if he wants to be addressed like that, it is okay”.

“Is Governor Sanwo-Olu the leader of Asiwaju in Lagos? Is Ambode the leader of Tinubu in Lagos? Or Governor Wike is the leader of Odili? That language we have to choose it. Governor Makinde will probably be 32 years when I was governor in 2003”.

“He is the leader in the South-West by reasons of his office. When we go out, we will say Your Excellency but when we are at home, we are his father”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLoEWGlPHUI
https://www.independent.ng/i-am-makindes-political-father-fayose/

13 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Pointblank09(m): 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
n
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by WonderManly(m): 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
The Oshoko One, The Rock. Just Nail his thoughts out. I think!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Omihanifa: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
This one is just trying to use seyi makinde to revive his dwindling political fortunes undecided

Somebody that is claiming he's someone political father can't even tame senator Abiodun olujimi of Ekiti ( his state)

Even in the south west PDP he's not in the top 5 infuencial people grin

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Officialgarri: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
Says a man who was impeached as a Governor, caught red handed in the act of rigging election, and a corrupt politician who tricked the masses with sweet mouth and eating corn by the road side.

So much of whom to be regarded as a Father. I wonder what else he could pass to his son

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
Fayose is too egoistic and also craves for unnecessary attention.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by thelinguist: 12:58am On Feb 15, 2021
Logically, he has a point, just because someone is a governor does not make him a leader in a region. However, fayose needs to put his house in other first, is he im charge of Ekiti state or Senator olùjimi?

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 15, 2021
The book of Ecclesiastes says"To every thing there is a season, and a time, A time to plant and a time to harvest"

Mr. Fayose should please take the back seat and allow this man enjoy his own season!! He was the only southwest PDP governor during his own regime and no one dare question his authority in his zone, so I am quite surprised that someone who used power like it never gonna end could come to national TV and start crying foul play. It is an open fact that the highest ranking politician in a particular zone control and organise the party structure, so he should allow makinde to go on with his duties.

Same Ayo fayose that single-handedly picked a governorship candidate in his state and went as far as sewing the same ankara dress for his loyalist on primary election just to taunt the other opponent is here clamouring foul play. That his analogy of Seyi been 32 years blaa blah blah is outdated!!

Wasn't fayose in his thirties when the likes of Bode George, Tinubu, Baba Akande held their first political appointment? Does that stop him from tongue lashing them at regular intervals!!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by nairavsdollars(f): 5:56am On Feb 15, 2021
Makinde too should tread softly
matex97:
Fayose is too egoistic and also craves for unnecessary attention.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 15, 2021
Anyone who mingles with these politicians is looking for serious trouble. Really, I don't see Nigeria getting out of this darkest state of tribal war and political corruption. I personally have tried my best to stay and support this nation, but I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria is the permanent residence of devil. So, time to find my way out to God's side.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Yellowplantains: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2021
cheesy Fayose and Makinde always fighting

1 Like

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by superior1: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2021
Awon olodo

Dullards
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Emmy3(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2021
Na who know man dey kill am.
come to think of it that Gov Makinde is not getting as much troubles from APC as he's currently getting from his PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Feb 15, 2021
“I am not into any leadership struggle with Governor Makinde but the fact is, Governor Makinde cannot come out and say he is my leader. He is not. The fact is that if my son is coming and he is a governor, I have to get up because it is the norm”.
In saner climes, this looting criminal always in sifia pains will be in prison at the moment.
Instead of opening his mouth to still constitute nuisance on our political space.

Fayose : The Drama King thief.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by lugo99(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2021
zagadat
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by UNCL3(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2021
Good morning lovely people, in the spirit of valentine... stream this beautiful song I did, stressing the need to love differently.

No regrets on your data
Link in signature.
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 15, 2021
g
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
May God punish Nnamdi Kanu. And many all the miscreants he has deceived, meet the kind of end they wish on our beloved NIGERIA.

Iseeee!

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by butterfly777(m): 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
Enough talk. Until you guys do something tangible to stop open grazing of cattle, and stop the herders from carrying weapons, I won't take you serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by bestman09(m): 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
Fayose and Makinde should come together and unite against our common enemy, the j a n j a w e e d party. This fight of theirs is a big distraction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by zealousayo(m): 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
Fayose should rest, he should GSM enjoy his time. Makinde will also become a former Governor someday too. Oshoko should stop complaining 'cause he's not the only PDP former Governor we have in Southwest. He should take the back seat.

That said, Makinde should thread with caution. Ohun tii tan l'odun egun, omo alaagba pada bo wa fi akara je eko. Nothing lasts forever!

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Segunlords(m): 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
A Current Governor and Former Governor...
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by dangotesmummy: 6:42am On Feb 15, 2021
grin grin

Seyi is as confused as Jide

He's stuck in between choosing 2023 or protecting his people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:44am On Feb 15, 2021
Political father on the beat..... �
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Reex12(m): 6:44am On Feb 15, 2021
FATHER AND SON in the LORD or in the LOOTING

IT IS WELL
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by FastLane25(m): 6:44am On Feb 15, 2021
I don comot my hand from.anything about Nigeria and politics abeg
Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Spaxon(f): 6:45am On Feb 15, 2021
What's my know own......

All of you that oppressed the Brethren yesterday.

600 years of Buhari's regime

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Pavore9: 6:45am On Feb 15, 2021
When someone has to verbally remind others that he is older than them, he is dealing with insecurities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Abalado(f): 6:46am On Feb 15, 2021
Ogogoro master,,what have u drank again,,,you are romancing with APC at the back and rebuking them openly,is that ur way of been a good father ?ode ni e fayose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Abalado(f): 6:48am On Feb 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Makinde too should tread softly
keep quiet,,ode

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically by Integrafamoo: 6:49am On Feb 15, 2021
PatriotExact:
May God punish Nnamdi Kanu. And many all the miscreants he has deceived, meet the kind of end they wish on our beloved NIGERIA.

Iseeee!
Use your drugs. Don't take overdose.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Degi: Bayelsa State APC Group Asks For Senator's Resignation From Senate / Seyi Makinde Asks For Licence To Buy Guns For Amotekun, Calls For State Police / APC Northern Governors Insist On Supporting A Southern Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.