Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts (51320 Views)

Flogging Boys On The Buttocks And Girls On The Hands In Schools / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 15, 2021
lalasticlala:
Covenant University has caused uproar on social media after girls were separated from guys to prevent them from celebrating Valentine's day together.

A Twitter user shared the photos and wrote:

https://twitter.com/the3rdblvckfada/status/1361006469123092482?s=19

The school allegedly seized Val gifts bought by students:

https://twitter.com/the3rdblvckfada/status/1361013924414504961?s=19
SMH, SMH, SMH! Covenant, Ogadinma o... shocked
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2021
THE GIRLS THAT ARE DAILY HAVING SEX ON THE LAWNS AND INSIDE THE GRAINS.BE DECEIVING YOURSELVES.ARE THEY NOT ADULTS?
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Josywhyte: 11:47am On Feb 15, 2021
What is the school management trying to prove,that they are being too careful so the students don't mate or what?
This is what too much religion has caused....
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
Josywhyte:
What is the school management trying to prove,that they are being too careful so the students don't mate or what?
This is what too much religion has caused....
Hear what you're saying. Truly, were in the last days tho...not surprised
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by oloyedewaris(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
davidque:

Your comment is totally out of tune with mine, not sure how your own comprehension works. It's quite simple really. Go to a secular (private or public) and enjoy a much more relaxed rules, but go to a religious school and you will have to live under much more stricter rules tailored to their faith. There are Islamic schools in the North that are much more stricter that CU and that's fine, it's a religious institution, and no one is forced to go there, but if you go then live by the rules instead of talking trash online
Really, all you just said is trash.

I agree the fact that no one was forced to go to the school but that habit of "no one forced you to go" should stop in nigerian institutions, now imagine those landlords who give their tenants strict and unbearable rules just because they rented his apartment.

Is it not on this same nairaland that some people were shouting kano this kano that when they destroyed thousands of beers, why didn't they blame those who produced the beers despite knowing the law in that state

I don't know what you gain in siding whats not right
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Josywhyte: 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
KevUnique:

Hear what you're saying. Truly, were in the last days tho...not surprised

What has last days got to do with what i just said. U act ad if you're more holy than everyone. Its even in the bible that too much of everything is not good. What is their main reason for separating the students? Is it right to do so? Last days my ass.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by davidque: 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Really, all you just said is trash.

I agree the fact that no one was forced to go to the school but that habit of "no one forced you to go" should stop in nigerian institutions, now imagine those landlords who give their tenants strict and unbearable rules just because they rented his apartment.

Is it not on this same nairaland that some people were shouting kano this kano that when they destroyed thousands of beers, why didn't they blame those who produced the beers despite knowing the law in that state

I don't know what you gain in siding whats not right

O boy! I give up! you are a confirmed idiot. Your comprehension is backwards. Comparisons can only be made with things that relate to one another and can be put side by side. Why on earth would you use hidbahs actions in Kano as a relateable situation. How does landlord and tenant relate to the topic of discussion...... Wake up, go to any strictly Christian /Islamic /bhudist/hindi or whatever religious school there is on this planet, you will realise that their rules are slightly or very strict in other 2 ensure preservation of their beliefs, not everything on this planet will become secular, get that to your head, it's not a Nigerian thing. You can't build a church in Saudi Arabia not because they hate you, but because they want to ensure the preservation of their fate, hate it or love it, that is life.
If covenant university calls itself a Christian institution and chooses to operate a level of strictness to ensure that your spiritual needs are met as well so be it. Secular institutions focus only on academics and social life...... Simple matter you all will just be shouting because others are shouting...... Shioor!!!!!
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by oluakin08: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
pls how much is coke fanta in ur area, biko? cheesy grin
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by zebra(m): 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
What us the difference between this act and sharia of the Muslims? Later na we go start complain say Muslims wan islamize Nigeria with sharia law.
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by oloyedewaris(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
davidque:

O boy! I give up! you are a confirmed idiot. Your comprehension is backwards. Comparisons can only be made with things that relate to one another and can be put side by side. Why on earth would you use hidbahs actions in Kano as a relateable situation. How does landlord and tenant relate to the topic of discussion...... Wake up, go to any strictly Christian /Islamic /bhudist/hindi or whatever religious school there is on this planet, you will realise that their rules are slightly or very strict in other 2 ensure preservation of their beliefs, not everything on this planet will become secular, get that to your head, it's not a Nigerian thing. You can't build a church in Saudi Arabia not because they hate you, but because they want to ensure the preservation of their fate, hate it or love it, that is life.
If covenant university calls itself a Christian institution and chooses to operate a level of strictness to ensure that your spiritual needs are met as well so be it. Secular institutions focus only on academics and social life...... Simple matter you all will just be shouting because others are shouting...... Shioor!!!!!
When students are in need of degree, they go to university like CU and it's privately owned

When tenants are in need of shelter they go to landlords and it's privately owned

Now tell me how they are incomparable

You said something about Saudi Arabia, you are too ignorant and i don't want to call you names

How can you bring Saudi Arabia to this talk, Saudi Arabia is an entirely different nation, even me that didn't do government in secondary school knows that every nation has it's system of government

If you don't know, know today that we practice democracy in Nigeria while total monarchy is being practiced in Saudi Arabia so never compare

On the case of CU, it's a Nigerian privately owned institution, every rule it gives must be in accordance to constitution
Pls Note, i didn't say the rule they gave was not in accordance to the Constitution oo, but it's unfair giving those harsh rules just because they came to your school

That's not even my point, they can do what ever they like but you guys should stop all those nonsense and biased comments when it's about northerners and Muslims
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by oloyedewaris(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
zebra:
What us the difference between this act and sharia of the Muslims? Later na we go start complain say Muslims wan islamize Nigeria with sharia law.
No mind them
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2021
Josywhyte:

What has last days got to do with what i just said. U act ad if you're more holy than everyone. Its even in the bible that too much of everything is not good. What is their main reason for separating the students? Is it right to do so? Last days my ass.

I repeat it again; LAST DAYS! if it pains you go and cry in front of Covenant University gate. hahaha...see this one. Won't even reply to you again. For ur info, my elder sister graduated from that school, she didn't die. my younger brother was placed in indefinite supsension from this same Covenant with his roommates in 2015 first term, do you think I will support rubbish because it's my own who was affected? nope. You break the rules and u pay for it. Phones and nudes were not allowed as far back as then. They found one with a roomie, and since the rest knew about it they were giving indefinite supsension for one year which is almost like telling u to go to another school. I support the school jare...Kids of our generation think they are too saucy, stubborn, rich, proud, morally corrupt and the list goes on and on. The school should continue ejoorrrr...who no like am should not send their kids there. Period!
Re: Valentine’s Day: Covenant University Separates Guys And Girls, Seizes Gifts by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
davidque:

Don't mind that person. he/she knows the truth, but it's pains them that stufents are not allowed to live as they would like to in campus. Christianity is a way of life na..haha. isn't it what they say? so its a Christian School which has its own standards. Abeg make we leave this matter joor... I'm done self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 / How DELSU Students Who Matriculated Were Treated Today (Pics) / Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.