Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Hypocrisy Of The APC Governors Around The 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of The APC Governors Around The 2023 Presidency (179 Views)

Oshiomhole, APC Governors Beg Kwankwaso Not To Return To The PDP (Photos) / Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Saraki, Fayemi & APC Governors (Photos) / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of The APC Governors Around The 2023 Presidency by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 7:12am On Feb 15, 2021
What we read in the news nowadays and what we sometimes find on viral videos may actually not be what they are said to be. This opinion arrived at this submission after following the parambulation of Chief Femi Fani Kayode among some important Nigerians in the last few days, which were earlier than his meeting with Governor Bello Metawalle of Zamfara State, it is worth being careful with what we mentally ingest as true news.

After standing next to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State when the Governor addressed the press on the defection of Chief Kayode from the PDP to the APC, Chief Kayode came out to deny that he had defected to the APC. Now who is the liar between these 2 important leaders that have emerged in our country? This is why this opinion holds that no one knows what to believe with the news and viral videos we come across these days.

Just yesterday, the news on the position of APC governors concerning the zoning agreement, entered into by the founders and leaders of the party, as the outcome the mega merger of the parties that bundled together to form the APC, which informed the handing on of the first presidential ticket to the North, accepting that after 2 terms in office by President Muhammadu Buhari, power would shift to the South, was reported as no longer tenable in the views of the APC Governors.

The position of APC Governors to set aside an agreement which they were not a part of, reportedly influenced by the decision of the major opposition party in the country, the PDP, to field a candidate from the North, is absurd and very disappointing. Absurd and disappointing in the sense that the APC Governors have shown to be scared of the position of the PDP, a situation which throws up their lack of faith in themselves, and in their achievements as political office holders.

I refuse to hold the opinion that because I am nobody in the party, therefore I should not mention what I see as troublesome, begs good reasoning. I do not see anything big in my being the President of this country, but, and only in having the opportunity there is for me to win a political party presidential ticket - exactly what the APC Governors are attempting to manipulate.

I am in my 3rd year as a politician, and I think that if I cannot be the President, I should, at least, be one of the true consciencesl of my party, in spite of what consequence my contributions to the party fetches me, for which I owe my allegiance and loyalty to the Almighty God who has permitted me to live on, and to my fellow Nigerians who did not choose this pathetic country as theirs. Something must kill a man one day, and my only prayer is that I die with a free conscience.

The most troubling question is why the Governors want to take the APC in the direction that the PDP trailed for some close to 16 years, until Nigerians were tired of the party. A simple analythical mathematics, studied with diligence, returned political power from the PDP to the APC in 2015. No army goes into battle with redundant troops, and no war commander approaches the battle front with fear of being defeated.

So, if the APC Governors' permutation for the 2023 presidency is intended to rest on the PDP's agenda, then the wrong focus has been adopted because who knows what will happen in the PDP tomorrow? And my party is seen to become a "follow follow" ruling party, when it should be the leading political light, with her own plans adoptable by the PDP.

So I feel sad that in the face of serious work ahead, the APC Governors have chosen to play the cards of cowardice. Let it be stated clearly that the main problem the APC will confront in the next election, if the Governors think that they can misuse the power God bestowed upon them to tow the tracks of those who have come and gone before them, then they should expect the same fate that befell those who left the political space for them. Power is like life, it is transient. What is the reason for the fear?

I truly do not see any fear, I can rather see a class of pretenders. It started with the notion to renege on the agreement that ceded power to the North in 2015. Rather than the fear of the PDP, I see the APC Governors being careful to avoid the political clout of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, should the presidential ticket be zone to the south - are they too lately attempting to alter the rules of democracy?

And if the Governors, currently controlling the structure of the party, tell us that the present registration and revalidation of party membersip is meant to cede power to all her members, why are the Governors in a huge hurry to decide for the members where the next president should come from?

I am from South South Nigeria, and in the decision of the APC Governors, as a party member, I find my region cancelled out in that decision they have taken. How fair is that? Of the 20 States in this country controlled by the APC, only 7 States belong in the South and 13 reside in the North.

No State in the South South has a say in the decision of the APC Governors and as it appears, the APC Governors from the North are attempting to exploit their majority status to selfishly situate the presidency in the North because they are Northerners. How does that equate the sacrifice of the south when the South came into the APC with 7 Governors and the North came in with just 4, but had the Presidency ceded to the North, with President Muhammadu Buhari enjoying the first shot.

History will judge the proposed injustice, and let it be known that it will further polarise our unity because we will not shut our voice to a mentality of a people who think they are unconstitutional superior to others.

Why should the North continue to dictate the privileges of the South politically? Why did the North not protest the initial agreements entered into by our leaders before the 2015 elections? The worst and a painful kind of hypocrisy.

One thing though, our leaders in the South have spoken: Minister Amaechi, Minister Fashola, and even Governor El Rufai have all conceded in their various submissions that power should be ceded to the South, and nothing should temper with that position.

The North can do whatever it likes to do, they have no lot with the South to determine what the South should take, as long as the federal character principle, which seemingly is more beneficial to the North, is concerned. How has the South influenced what the north takes before now? Southern Nigeria will revolt against the North if the zoning of the presidency to the South is not respected by the North.

We will sensitized our people, and open up to them the machinations of the leaders who are in politics for themselves, exploiting the people's vulnerability to hunger and utter neglect, a situation prevailed upon by misgovernance. This must stop forthwith! We are no fools. The APC Governors', by their insinuation, are selfish, exhibiting self-centred greed to retain the privilege opportunities available to all, and this is a very sad and unforgivable intention.

Our foolishness as a people is enough. Who is hungry? Who is he or her who loves money? How far would food take us to in this life? What can money really do to the breath that keeps us alive? I am saying that this Nigeria that we have, can be better than what we have today, if we would stand up to our leaders. They have taken us for granted for too long.

Read more>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=ac27ff38cba9076d30b794a6b6db716e&news_entry_id=s6f2e9a7e210213en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_557133b4-321c-4757-9b64-b21630006e06&from=news

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Mourns Death Of Former Head Of Service, SSG, Simon Imuekemhe / Government Launches Initiative To Permit Individuals Build, Maintain Highways / Re: Osinbajo Sidelined From President Buhari 's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.