Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,347 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year (3481 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Blackberry 5G Smartphone To Debut H1 2021 / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by rodeo0070(m): 8:59am On Feb 15, 2021
New BlackBerry 5G smartphone will be publicly available in the first half of 2021.

CEO Peter Franklin, OnwardMobility (new operators of BlackBerry) announced agreements with BlackBerry and FIH Mobile Limited, a subsidiary of Foxconn Technology Group, to deliver a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard, in the first half of 2021 in North America and Europe.

Working closely with OnwardMobility, BlackBerry and FIH Mobile will ensure world-class design and manufacturing of these devices.

After failing to meet with the trend of smartphones, BlackBerry was first acquired in 2013. After that, it reached an agreement with TCL and BlackBerry Mobile in 2016 and launched several new phones.

At the beginning of 2020, the cooperation between the two companies ended, and OnwardMobility took over. Now, BlackBerry 5G phone, its first 5G device will come from OnwardMobility.

As of now, there is no official launch date for this device. However, OnwardMobility hopes to release it as soon as possible. Franklin also said, “We are promoting to customers and sellers around the world, introducing product sales plans.”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/02/15/blackberry-5g-phone-with-physical-keyboard-set-to-launch-this-year/

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by LogoDesign212: 9:09am On Feb 15, 2021
I miss Blackberry. All time fastest Internet service. With Internet service as fast as if it was manufactured with it's own Internet inside grin

WhatsApp E no go better for una Oo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by edoairways: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2021
Blackberry came late.
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by KAHBOOM: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2021
BB..I can't wait to lay hands on it.

Technologies gift to mankind.

Very Strong,portable,beautiful and durable.

If no be WhatsApp problem I for still dey use my Q10

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by ITbomb(m): 10:20am On Feb 15, 2021
What's their obsession with physical keyboard
We need more wider screen and they still plan on cramped space

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by shegsrules(m): 10:27am On Feb 15, 2021
BlackBerry na better phone still enjoying my blackberry KEY2
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Twelfthman: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2021
Lol with physical keyboard?
I just love BlackBerry for privacy so I might still buy
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Jossyroyal1: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by SouthSouth1914: 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
Still using my Blackberry Porsche 3!! grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by EngrXrix(m): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
rodeo0070:
New BlackBerry 5G smartphone will be publicly available in the first half of 2021.

CEO Peter Franklin, OnwardMobility (new operators of BlackBerry) announced agreements with BlackBerry and FIH Mobile Limited, a subsidiary of Foxconn Technology Group, to deliver a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard, in the first half of 2021 in North America and Europe.

Working closely with OnwardMobility, BlackBerry and FIH Mobile will ensure world-class design and manufacturing of these devices.

After failing to meet with the trend of smartphones, BlackBerry was first acquired in 2013. After that, it reached an agreement with TCL and BlackBerry Mobile in 2016 and launched several new phones.

At the beginning of 2020, the cooperation between the two companies ended, and OnwardMobility took over. Now, BlackBerry 5G phone, its first 5G device will come from OnwardMobility.

As of now, there is no official launch date for this device. However, OnwardMobility hopes to release it as soon as possible. Franklin also said, “We are promoting to customers and sellers around the world, introducing product sales plans.”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/02/15/blackberry-5g-phone-with-physical-keyboard-set-to-launch-this-year/

If they bring back bbm I'm buying. This time it should be only on bb phones.
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
LogoDesign212:
I miss Blackberry. All time fastest Internet service. With Internet service as fast as if it was manufactured with it's own Internet inside grin

WhatsApp E no go better for una Oo

na WhatsApp make blackberry fall? Abi na lack of innovation.
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Smitharo(m): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Na spiritual keyboard dem Dey use b4? shocked
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by sissoko89: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oga Whatsapp still works with BB10,i stil use it
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by angelfallz(m): 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
In my opinion what destroyed blackberry was a dearth of developers for its OS. Android was taking over, and blackberry did not have enough apps to compete. it is the same story with windows phone.
People who use blackberry devices always hailed, it battery life, which is because blackberry OS does not suck battery unlike Android.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by DONFASZY(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
I miss blackberry passport
Jesus
Even my promax no reach for office work
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by criuze(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
Blackberry i missed you

whenever you show up market I'll still have you back
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by mytime24(f): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
BB
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Onyenna(m): 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
Blackberry!!!!!!!!

Ike gwuru.....

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by ITbomb(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
angelfallz:
In my opinion what destroyed blackberry was a dearth of developers for its OS. Android was taking over, and blackberry did not have enough apps to compete. it is the same story with windows phone.
People who use blackberry devices always hailed, it battery life, which is because blackberry OS does not suck battery unlike Android.
Which planet you bin dey when, if you see BB user, you go see charger

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by Lexusgs430: 2:08am On Feb 16, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Still using my Blackberry Porsche 3!! grin

Very expensive device..... Many years ago............ cheesy
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by femi4: 4:54am On Feb 16, 2021
Twelfthman:
Lol with physical keyboard?
I just love BlackBerry for privacy so I might still buy
which privacy? It's coming in android OS
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:16am On Feb 16, 2021
To be sold out in Nigeria grin
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by beehivedata(m): 6:37am On Feb 16, 2021
Blackberry has failed to evolve. Nothing special with physical keyboards as it even causes pains on the thumbs after typing for a long time. It still won't sell. People hyping it now just miss their first smartphones.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by angelfallz(m): 7:01am On Feb 16, 2021
i now someone that used BB Z10. he told me the battery lasts long because the OS does not drain battery like android.

ITbomb:

Which planet you bin dey when, if you see BB user, you go see charger
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by SouthSouth1914: 8:23am On Feb 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Very expensive device..... Many years ago............ cheesy

Still relatively expensive today!
Re: Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year by ITbomb(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
angelfallz:
i now someone that used BB Z10. he told me the battery lasts long because the OS does not drain battery like android.

BB 10 na Android wannabe
We are talking about the BB phones

(1) (Reply)

Zain Access Point / Download Tecno D9 And Other Tecno Device Stock ROM / 11 Awesome Things You Probably Didn’t Know You Could Do On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.