Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,991 members, 7,828,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

'yahoo Romance Scam' - Student Of Kwasu Arrested By The Efcc - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'yahoo Romance Scam' - Student Of Kwasu Arrested By The Efcc (391 Views)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Corper Oyeyemi Caleb Jailed For Yahoo-Yahoo Romance Scam (Photo) / Four Nigerian Students In Canada Wanted For $2 Million Dollar Romance Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'yahoo Romance Scam' - Student Of Kwasu Arrested By The Efcc by Jasoncy(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2021
A student of Kwara State University, KWASU, Malete, Atoyebi Ayodeji Blessing, was on Friday February 12, 2021 arraigned on one count charge bordering on romance scam and related imternet fraud before Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar of the Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin.

He was arraigned by the Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Atoyebi, 20, currently studying Agricultural and Biological Engineering in the University while masquerading as a white female (Sophia Bambi), allegedly opened a gmail account which he used in defrauding unsuspecting victims under the guise of being in love with them before the law caught up with him.

The offence contravenes Section 6 and punishable under Section 8 and 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006.

The charge reads:
"That you, Atoyebi Ayodeji Blessing (alias Sophia Bambi), sometime in January, 2021 or thereabout at Ilorin, Kwara State within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court knowingly had in your possession some documents, in form of email chats, containing false pretence where you represented yourself to be one Sophia Bambi, a white female with gmail account: sophiabambi8@gmail.com who wanted to have paid sex with one Dalton Gilmore............ CONTINUE READING BELOW..........
https://www.callydgists.com/2021/02/yahoo-romance-scam-student-of-kwasu.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Eliminate Criminal RATS In Your Home Without Poison / How I Strangled Creditor Disturbing Me To Repay N100,000 — Suspect / What Should I Do? I Caught The Girl Who Stole My Neighbor’s Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.