Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Technical Assistance Needed, Please! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Technical Assistance Needed, Please! (614 Views)

Laptop Engineers, Your Assistance Needed / Windows 8.1 Assistance Needed Urgently / Guru's Assistance Needed On How I Can Answer Call On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good day bosses.

Please I need your help on how I can make laptop start working well again. I got the laptop (UK used as claimed) around October, 2020 through my friend at N87,000. I asked my friend to help me get it being someone that knows about computer stuff and a Computer Engineering student, but I'm disappointed; he bought a crap. A week after using the laptop, the speaker failed. I didn't mind 'cause I felt I didn't really need it. The hinge also broke, I took it to a technician and fixed it.

Fast forward to this month, the laptop began overheating and was shutting down on its own. It did get overheated not up to one hour of turning it on. I took it to a technician again, he serviced it and the overheating is no more prominent, and it's no more shutting than on its own.

My concern presently is that, I noticed that the part of the keyboard around the cooling is still always mildly hot and the down part(beneath) of the laptop also gets very hot. Please what can I do so that this thing will not lead into a more complicated issue 'cause I don't a dime presently.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
I really this laptop for my IT report and final year project, and I'm too broke to even take it to a technician presently. How can I solve this problem, please?

Spec of the laptop:
Hp elitebook 8440p
8gb RAM
500gb HDD
Intel core i7
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by BusinessCity: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
It may be an overheating component

I advice you get an external fan against the future. Just 3k to 4k to help cool your PC parts
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:
It may be an overheating component

I advice you get an external fan against the future. Just 3k to 4k to help cool your PC parts

Okay sir. I greatly appreciate your input sir.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by BusinessCity: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
zealousayo:

Okay sir. I greatly appreciate your input sir.

Do not use it for now at all until a engineer works on the board otherwise excessive internal heating will permanently damage the board before repair
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by davidadenrele: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hello,

Sorry about your terrible experience however am suprised you paid 87K for Elitebook 8440p, a second generation laptop if you asked the price is riddiculous straight to your issue your laptop is expriencing overheating it has been once fixed like you said but you will need to take it back to the technician and tell him to change the laptop heat zinc, the heat zinc and processor fan helps in cooling down the laptop if the laptop gets overheated while in use.

A new heat zinc for the laptop spec should not be more than 5K at most, before replacing the heat zinc tell the technician to also apply cooling paste while replacing from old heat zinc to new heat zinc after this you should happy ever after all the best.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:

Do not use it for now at all until a engineer works on the board otherwise excessive internal heating will permanently damage the board before repair

Yes, I've stopped using it for now. Thank you once again.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by udemzyudex(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
davidadenrele:
Hello,

Sorry about your terrible experience however am suprised you paid 87K for Elitebook 8440p, a second generation laptop if you asked the price is riddiculous straight to your issue your laptop is expriencing overheating it has been once fixed like you said but you will need to take it back to the technician and tell him to change the laptop heat zinc, the heat zinc and processor fan helps in cooling down the laptop if the laptop gets overheated while in use.

A new heat zinc for the laptop spec should not be more than 5K at most, before replacing the heat zinc tell the technician to also apply cooling paste while replacing from old heat zinc to new heat zinc after this you should happy ever after all the best.

ridiculous? core i7 500gb 8gb as at the time there was Corona lock down with border closure and no goods entering? even the core i5 now is around #75k for that same 8440p, though I prefer the 8460p to the 8440p.

op confirm if your laptop fan is working well, if you're in lag I can check it for you.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
davidadenrele:
Hello,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I will take it there when I have some money. I have one question sir - is 87k too much for that spec of Laptop.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2021
udemzyudex:

ridiculous? core i7 500gb 8gb as at the time there was Corona lock down with board closure and no goods entering? even the core i5 now is around #75k for that same 8440p, though I prefer the 8460p to the 8440p.

op confirm if your laptop fan is working well, if you're in lag I can check it for you.

Oops! I'm in Osun State. Thanks greatly for your input sir.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by davidadenrele: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
zealousayo:

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I will take it there when I have some money. I have one question sir - is 87k tyoo much for that spec of Laptop.

its far way too much for 87K honestly call other Engineers and ask how much such a laptop will go for?? The last of such laptop i sold is 55K which i ordered from eBay.

All the best.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by arabmoney14: 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
davidadenrele:

its far way too much for 87K honestly call other Engineers and ask how much such a laptop will go for?? The last of such laptop i sold is 55K which i ordered from eBay.

All the best.
Is it the 8gb ram version you sold for 55k? Cause the last time I went to market for a laptop I saw the 4gb version of this for 55k
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by naijasensei: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
zealousayo:
Good day bosses.

Please I need your help on how I can make laptop start working well again. I got the laptop (UK used as claimed) around October, 2020 through my friend at N87,000. I asked my friend to help me get it being someone that knows about computer stuff and a Computer Engineering student, but I'm disappointed; he bought a crap. A week after using the laptop, the speaker failed. I didn't mind 'cause I felt I didn't really need it. The hinge also broke, I took it to a technician and fixed it.

Fast forward to this month, the laptop began overheating and was shutting down on its own. It did get overheated not up to one hour of turning it on. I took it to a technician again, he serviced it and the overheating is no more prominent, and it's no more shutting than on its own.

My concern presently is that, I noticed that the part of the keyboard around the cooling is still always mildly hot and the down part(beneath) of the laptop also gets very hot. Please what can I do so that this thing will not lead into a more complicated issue 'cause I don't a dime presently.

Hi. Your device is overheating because it is not being cooled properly. There are two likely causes I can think of:
1. Do you use the laptop on a bed, mattress, clothes, or similar surface. If you do, please stop this practice immediately. Using a laptop on such surfaces blocks the air vents underneath the laptop, causing said laptop to heat up.
2. The cooling system (the CPU heatsink, and the CPU fan) in your laptop is not working effectively. This can be caused by dust build-up, a dead CPU fan, or improperly applied thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU.

1 Like

Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
naijasensei:

Hi. Your device is overheating because it is not being cooled properly. There are two likely causes I can think of:
1. Do you use the laptop on a bed, mattress, clothes, or similar surface. If you do, please stop this practice immediately. Using a laptop on such surfaces blocks the air vents underneath the laptop, causing said laptop to heat up.
2. The cooling system (the CPU heatsink, and the CPU fan) in your laptop is not working effectively. This can be caused by dust build-up, a dead CPU fan, or improperly applied thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU.

I don't use the laptop on any surface apart from laptop sir. I will take it to the engineer when I have some money. I've stopped using it for now.

Thanks for your input sir.

1 Like

Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by naijasensei: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
zealousayo:

I don't use the laptop on any surface apart from laptop sir. I will take it to the engineer when I have some money. I've stopped using it for now.

Thanks for your input sir.

Ok, all the best.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by davidadenrele: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=arabmoney14 post=99093710]
Is it the 8gb ram version you sold for 55k? Cause the last time I went to market for a laptop I saw the 4gb version of this for 55k[/quote

Even at 8GB it should not be more than 60 to 65K for the 8GB memory the laptop is 2nd Generation Laptop so i stand by what i said.

87K price is outrageous and ridiculous for 2nd Generation Laptop that amount will buy a good grade 6th Generation laptop with backlit light and high memory well there's always first time.

Your friend no try at all.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by arabmoney14: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 6:27am On Feb 16, 2021
[quote author=davidadenrele post=99097725][/quote]

Infact, anytime I look the laptop, I see it as a lost investment. I thought the guy was competent to help me get a good laptop but I was wrong.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:30am On Feb 16, 2021
zealousayo:

Infact, anytime I look the laptop, I see it as a lost investment. I thought the guy was competent to help me get a good laptop but I was wrong.
Your friend cheated you. I got a 5th generation i5 during that lockdown period for 75k
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by zealousayo(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Your friend cheated you. I got a 5th generation i5 during that lockdown period for 75k

I've learnt my lesson sha.
Re: Technical Assistance Needed, Please! by luoitrez: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2022
The cooling system is one of the weak points of modern laptops. In order to avoid such circumstances, it is necessary to maintain the laptop. If your notebook serves you faithfully for at least a year, then this operation is simply necessary. And especially if you live with your pets. The main thing in this case - carefully disassemble the laptop and not damage anything. Also, do not put anything close to the ventilation surfaces in the back so as not to obstruct the exit of hot air. Finally, you can even look at special stands for laptops with a built-in fan to avoid CPU overheating.

(1) (Reply)

Contact Us For Wholesale Of Office Equipment And Computer Accessories Same With / Hp Pro X2 612 G1 Tablet Pc 8gb Ram •256gb Ssd / Huawei Certifications Dumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.