Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Tips To Maintain Good Blood Pressure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Maintain Good Blood Pressure (193 Views)

How To Maintain And Enrich Your Skin This Harmattan Season / Simple Ways To Maintain Good Health / Maintain Good Health With Nutrishield Herbal Extract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Maintain Good Blood Pressure by LauraClasikVibe(f): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
TIPS TO MAINTAIN GOOD BLOOD PRESSURE

A few days ago I said that people who have Hypertension can actually have little or no symptoms and that's why it's called a silent killer. Today let's share a few tips to maintain a good BP. The final tip is interesting if you're a Nigerian

The first thing I'd like to share is what I refer to as the safe range of blood pressure. The safe or normal range is from 120/80mmHg. There might be lesser deviations from this point which are also normal however just note this number, especially if you're Hypertensive.

First tip: Eat healthy. Diet is very important. Africans in general have a very high sodium intake since we cook almost everything with spice and salt. Reducing your salt intake can help you keep a very good blood pressure so start practicing how to do that now.

Tip 2: Maintain a good body weight. Having a good body mass index doesn't only help against Diabetes, it also helps to keep a normal blood pressure. So, remember to stay fit, which leads to the next tip..

Tip 3: Exercise.

If you can engage in 20 minutes of healthy exercise like aerobics, brisk walking and engaging in fit lifestyle like @HenshawKate, you are sure to maintain a great blood pressure. Just start small and do it. I think I'm talking to myself here

Tip 4: Stop Smoking

Smoking cigar or shisha like @aproko_doctor 's Ikegwuru can put you at risk of stroke, heart diseases and Hypertension. Drop that habit to be honest there's really no health benefits to smoking so just stop. It won't be easy to quite but it's not impossible.

Tip 5: Quit Alcohol

Drinking Alcohol will add more calories to your recommended daily average (RDA), put you at risk of Obesity and can definitely cause heart or liver problems. The risks surely outweigh the benefits here so if you want to avoid Hypertension, avoid Alcohol.

Tip 6: Avoid Herbal Concoctions.

Very common in Nigeria. Herbal Concoctions can damage your kidneys and this in turn can lead to Kidney Failure, Liver Failure, Hypertension, Heart Failure and more. Kidney Transplant is 15 million Naira as of today. Make of that what you will.

Final tip with a Nigerian twist.

AVOID STRESS. Learn to relax!

See ehn, Nigeria is stressful. You see that thing where people were saying "Goodbye Nigeria, the evil you have done is enough"? Leaving Nigeria will improve your BP, mental and emotional health. You should try it

https://twitter.com/olawalesmd/status/1361206404250537991

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Maintain Good Blood Pressure by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Spot on.

So many folks in Nigeria are walking corpse. A person can have a blood pressure as high as 190/100 and he would not be aware. Hypertension can be as bad as that. Stress is another causative agent of hypertension. In all, adopt healthy practise as regards diet and exercise. Stay healthy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Meat From Feathers Is The Best Because It Has No Fat. / Li Chengdong, A Beijing-based Tech Analyst / 3 Days After Pfizer Vaccine, Japanese Woman Dies From Brain Hemorrhage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.