Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Suggestion For A 'geek' Section On Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Suggestion For A 'geek' Section On Nairaland (543 Views)

Crownhill - Responsive HTML5 Church Template - FREE DOWNLOAD | Hug A Geek / Suggestion For Nairaland Webmasters!! / 20+ Geek Office Design Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggestion For A 'geek' Section On Nairaland by Onos55: 3:05am On Apr 08, 2011
Pardon the rather boring-looking title of this post, and the fact I have posted it in this section - quite frankly I have no idea where it should go, and being a regular visitor in this section, thought I'd post it here.

Being a bit of a geek myself, I was wondering if the powers-that-be on this forum would care to start a Geek section? I know that Programmers, Webmasters and Computer/Internet sections exist, and at first glance one would simply conclude 'geeky' posts (I'll come to 'my' definition of that word in a moment) should go to the Computers/Internet section. But quite frankly all you have to do on there is go through a few posts and you'll realise that it's full of posts on requests for software cracks, how to get 'free' access to the web illegally, sales of computers, e-book downloads etc.

Which is all good if you are 'into' those things.

By a 'Geek' section, I mean one where new developments in technology (think http://techcrunch.com/) are discussed, experiences and opinions shared. My definition of 'geeky' is simply  a person who is keenly interested in things technological, with a lot of emphasis on digital technology, and its future. A section for sharing opinions on the above would (hopefuly) not involve requests for website reviews, exam dumps or suggestions for final year projects; it could (hopefully) involve discussions on current and future technology, sharing bits and pieces of info we come across on our web travels, and hopefully inspire a new genre of discussion topics on Nairaland. It could even involve discussions/opinions/ideas on technology-based startups (and yes, I know there is a business section too).

It does not have to be called The Geek Section - as I said, that's perhaps not a very creative title - but hopefully you get the general idea.

Just a suggestion.
Re: Suggestion For A 'geek' Section On Nairaland by pleep(m): 3:25am On Apr 08, 2011
I Agree! cheesy
Re: Suggestion For A 'geek' Section On Nairaland by Onos55: 5:34am On Apr 11, 2011
Well, from the lack of response from the 'powers that be' - I guess not. Interesting.

(1) (Reply)

This Business Website Is For Sale / Javascript Slideshow / Project Writing Dymystified!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.